Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Translate this for me :)

dbenjamina
Ive got an support email, and they want me to write down some information.. but i need to make sure I understand everything :).. Im NOT a computer guy lol..
Soo what does this mean and what exactly is it?:

1. D.O.B

2. Screen name

4. Secret Question

5. Key code on game account

• Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...these aren't "computer" questions. They're asking for your account details, presumably to ensure it's really you asking to do whatever it is you're asking to do.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before helping you out, are you absolutely, positively, 100% certain that you are being asked for this information by Zenimax Online? Is this a reply to an e-mail you sent them or an in-game ticket you opened?
    ----
    Murray?
  • dbenjamina
    Before helping you out, are you absolutely, positively, 100% certain that you are being asked for this information by Zenimax Online? Is this a reply to an e-mail you sent them or an in-game ticket you opened?

hehe Yeah im 110 % sure :).. I know it sounds strange :)

• dbenjamina

Its a reply

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, then as mentioned, those aren't computer questions. They need you to provide the personal information requested in order to verify that you're the account holder.
    ----
    Murray?
  • dbenjamina
    Ok, then as mentioned, those aren't computer questions. They need you to provide the personal information requested in order to verify that you're the account holder.

Yeah I know.. But what are those things exactly ?

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Date of birth
    2. Your account screen name
    4(?). Your secret question and answer that you established for your account.
    5. The game serial code associated with your account, which should be displayed on your account page.
    ----
    Murray?
  • dbenjamina
    1. Date of birth
    5. The game serial code associated with your account, which should be displayed on your account page.

Thanks a lot m8 :).. now I may finally play again, after they fixed my account :)

• Mishoniko
    Mishoniko
    ✭✭✭
    I assume this is a phishing email. Someone is posing as ZOS is trying to get you to reveal information so they can steal your account. Email "From" addresses are easily forged and should not be trusted.

Zenimax has no need to ever ask you this information. I would call Zenimax support and confirm this is legit. If it is, then they can explain what information they are asking for.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mishoniko wrote: »
    I assume this is a phishing email. Someone is posing as ZOS is trying to get you to reveal information so they can steal your account. Email "From" addresses are easily forged and should not be trusted.

Zenimax has no need to ever ask you this information. I would call Zenimax support and confirm this is legit. If it is, then they can explain what information they are asking for.

Maybe, but they don't ask for his password. That's usually the first indicator it's not really the company (as most companies NEVER ask for that).
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mishoniko wrote: »

If it's a reply to his e-mail, they might. I know they've asked for this information to change account info (like name, e-mail, etc.) in the past.
    ----
    Murray?
  • dbenjamina
    1. Date of birth

I can't find my game serial code.. can you explain how to find it again?.. it is not in my account page
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    The game serial code is the code you entered from the DVD folder you got with the purchased game or in the email you received when you purchased the electronic copy.

Either way to make a valid account you would need to have gone to the account screen and entered a game code there to unlock access to the game. If you didn't then you only ever had a beta account. So if you purchased the game open the box and look for the code inside and enter it in the account screen.