Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

not authorized... Not Authorized!!... NOT AUTHORIZED!!!!???... Please help me..

dbenjamina
Well... Now I'm having the same problem again... Once more I can't log into the game without that sign pops up: This computer is not authorized - blah blah - an access code has been sent to your mail - blah blah - please enter the code within 10 min.... BUT I never EVER get such a mail!... Ive tried to repair the game, to restart it again and again, Ive even tried Mail support and phone support... but all i get is a mail that doesn't help and a phone that doesn't ring...
- Please help me m8s.. I miss my Character.. :(
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    It's a one time thing. It could be that their email server is backed up with requests or that it's going to your junk folder.
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't repair the game or reinstall, because that has nothing to do with it.

How many times have you tried to log in within the 10 minute window?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely an issue; please contact customer support. I had never have this happen until yesterday in which I received a message requesting the auth-code. I was able to go through the process; so you may just want to check you spam folder. Also if you are using Google; don't forget the Promotions and Social tabs.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Anthony45122
    Anthony45122
    ✭✭✭
    This seems to happen any time you restart your computer or try access the game on a different computer. Though when it happened to me I simply checked my email and the code was right there for me. Not sure what to do if you don't receive the email. :(
  • dbenjamina
    It's a one time thing. It could be that their email server is backed up with requests or that it's going to your junk folder.
    Ive checked junk.. nothin :(
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    This is definitely an issue; please contact customer support. I had never have this happen until yesterday in which I received a message requesting the auth-code. I was able to go through the process; so you may just want to check you spam folder. Also if you are using Google; don't forget the Promotions and Social tabs.

This is not an "issue". It's working as intended.

The system detects any change in IP address, which can happen normally, even for a hardwired broadband connection. If it asks you to put in the access code, you just have to wait for the e-mail and follow the directions that say to not try again unless the e-mail takes more than 10 minutes to show up.
    ----
    Murray?
  • dbenjamina

0 times.. I always wait at least 10 min before trying again.. sometimes i wait for hours :(
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbenjamina wrote: »

0 times.. I always wait at least 10 min before trying again.. sometimes i wait for hours :(

Have you confirmed on the ZO account site that your account is associated with the correct e-mail?
    ----
    Murray?
  • scarawen
    scarawen
    Soul Shriven
    I just fixed this issue (had it for days with no emails at all) by having support change my address to a gmail addy. I think the mail server didn't like my personal domain for whatever reason. Got the email within seconds as soon as it was changed.
  • dbenjamina

Have you confirmed on the ZO account site that your account is associated with the correct e-mail?

Jep I did.. no prob there
  • dbenjamina
    scarawen wrote: »
    I just fixed this issue (had it for days with no emails at all) by having support change my address to a gmail addy. I think the mail server didn't like my personal domain for whatever reason. Got the email within seconds as soon as it was changed.

Im not sure if i understand you there m8.. my English an my computer knowledge aint that good :P
  • dbenjamina
    scarawen wrote: »

Im not sure if i understand you there m8.. my English an my computer
    knowledge aint that good :P

did you change your mail or ?

• Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    It took 30mins for me. And in GW2 took 2 days, before I got them to remove the damn email authentication from my account. I hate that system, it always causes issues for me, locking me out of my game. I really hope they release an authenticator token quickly and make the email authentication optional.
  • Bosmerdroid
    Bosmerdroid
    ✭✭
    You have obviously given the wrong email address. Have you checked if they have the right one?
  • Prajna
    Prajna
    You have obviously given the wrong email address. Have you checked if they have the right one?

Not true, this is a huge problem atm. Check the thread in the support forums, there are hundreds of people with the same issue.

On the plus side it should only take 2 or 3 days for support to get it sorted out for you.

• Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    Well... Now I'm having the same problem again... Once more I can't log into the game without that sign pops up: This computer is not authorized - blah blah - an access code has been sent to your mail - blah blah - please enter the code within 10 min.... BUT I never EVER get such a mail!... Ive tried to repair the game, to restart it again and again, Ive even tried Mail support and phone support... but all i get is a mail that doesn't help and a phone that doesn't ring...

I'm not sure why you aren't getting the email. You should probably check the registered email address linked to your account and if it's correct, then you may need to contact customer support. Players won't be able to help you much with this aspect of your problem.

As for why you need to authorize more than once, it's because your IP address has changed and your cookie has expired. I have to go through thing about once every week or so when my IP address changes.

I wish they would just release an authenticator. It's more secure and more convenient in my opinion.

• dbenjamina

I'm not sure why you aren't getting the email. You should probably check the registered email address linked to your account and if it's correct, then you may need to contact customer support. Players won't be able to help you much with this aspect of your problem.

As for why you need to authorize more than once, it's because your IP address has changed and your cookie has expired. I have to go through thing about once every week or so when my IP address changes.

I wish they would just release an authenticator. It's more secure and more convenient in my opinion.

Support finally woke up. They now understand my problem and they are now trying to fix it..
    Im sure they are gonna do something about the problem soon. Im not the only one going through this, and people are getting angry frustrated..
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of spam filtering is setup on your email server? I ask because there is a method of filtering called greylisting where the sending server is told that the mailbox isn't available right night. Please try again later...... Basically normal email servers are setup to resend messages when the receiving server is down. It's a fairly regular process.

This process is taken advantage of by the greylisting antispam measure by using that. Most spam emails don't come from a regular client or server so can't do the resend thing if one of the steps is down. The problem is that because of this an unfamiliar email can take up to 30 - 60 minutes to show up in your inbox.

There are other methods of spam filtering where your server sends back an email saying "so and so wants your to reply to this to release your email and prove your are real". Again a problem with an automated security system like this where a human doesn't monitor the bounces.

So check what kind of spam filtering you happen to have if you are not getting the unlock codes.