The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Furnished after purchase

eatsbabies
eatsbabies
Soul Shriven
If i used crowns to buy a house unfurnished, is there a way to purchase the furnished version at a later time?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eatsbabies wrote: »
    If i used crowns to buy a house unfurnished, is there a way to purchase the furnished version at a later time?

I asked this before and was told no, and ive not seen the option. Not to say its not there but.....

My decision,i bought UNfurnished. As the novelty factor of moving pixels around was always going to be very short for me, even less so of Its all done. My tip i nearly did was to but. A smaller house furnished and then the main one bigger, and then have to gear to move. Again tho i didn't. And after 2-3 hours have done zero housing since then lol just for storage
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a guess. The furniture is not added to a home when purchased but it is a separately designed instance. I expect that would be a logical way to build that out or something similar.

If that is the case, and again this is a guess, it would require designing a system to put the furniture in place after the fact and take into account changes you made to the home.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think so, no, sorry.

Most of them are not well furnished, anyway.

A few have some paintings and things that make them worth buying that way (if you're already spending Crowns, anyway), but many don't have anything you can't buy/make ingame.

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few furnishings that you can only get as part of a furnished home, which is extra-annoying.
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Many of the furnishings can be obtained in game those that can not can often be found in the crown store if one uses that option while in the editor. Of course if you do plants in that fashion you get one...or one rock of that type or what not but can be done if one has crowns to burn.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Just a guess. The furniture is not added to a home when purchased but it is a separately designed instance. I expect that would be a logical way to build that out or something similar.

If that is the case, and again this is a guess, it would require designing a system to put the furniture in place after the fact and take into account changes you made to the home.

They could, potentially, just send you the furniture that was part of the furnished version and you could place them yourself.

But, currently, there is no way to upgrade the home to the Crown furnished version, other than buying the individual furnishing items (many of which can be crafted or purchased from other players).

ETA: You do get all the plants/rocks and a few lights with the unfurnished version, so you don't have to buy those items.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 15, 2019 6:38PM