Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Buying playtime, is there any way to make it not reccuring?

xshadowclawzz12
So my friend is using her credit card to buy some playtime for me (birthday gift). But it says that it's recurring. I just want her to pay for 90 days and have to pay the money on the spot and that it won't be reocurring and that she won't have to wait 90 days before having to pay. Is any of this possible?
  • Dolenz
    Dolenz
    ✭✭✭
    Have her buy you a game card, when they can be found.
  • xshadowclawzz12
    Oh sorry should have mentioned that I can't buy a game card, have to drive hours to find a store that sells them and since I don't drive, that would cost me as much as a 3 month subscription maybe even the 6 month subscription to get there... so that isn't an option.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my friend is using her credit card to buy some playtime for me (birthday gift). But it says that it's recurring. I just want her to pay for 90 days and have to pay the money on the spot and that it won't be reocurring and that she won't have to wait 90 days before having to pay. Is any of this possible?

Normally you would have your friend set up a recurring 90 day subscription, then immediately cancel it. ZOS charges the card right away, so you get your 90 days paid, and cancelling the subscription has no effect on the days already bought (it will just prevent another CC charge after 90 days)

This is somewhat compicated today due to the 30 days of free time that comes with the box purchase. Since you already have gameplay time, setting up a 90 day sub will not immediately charge the CC, so doing the above won't work. Your best bet is simply wait until the free time runs out, then do it.
  • xshadowclawzz12
    Thanks but I was able to get a prepaid card instead.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks but I was able to get a prepaid card instead.

If you have problems finding game cards or if you want to get them cheap online(I get them for 22€ online, that's 11€ a month) PM me. There are websites that sell cd-keys and gamecards, but I won't make publicity to them on the forum
    Edited by mutharex on April 11, 2014 10:17AM
  • xshadowclawzz12
    It's solved I said...
    Edited by xshadowclawzz12 on April 11, 2014 9:35PM