The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Simple Gladiator Quest Request

Somnilux
Somnilux
✭✭✭
Please add 'resurrect 20 players' to the board.

Would give something that healers can do in larger groups and would add more incentive for soloers to res people. I see no downsides.
Luxe Khanna - AD, Rank 49 Argonian Magblade Healer
Crystala Khanna - AD, Rank 40 Khajiit Stamplar
Guilds: Fantasia, Dominant Dominion.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be a reasonable quest . It would also encourage others to rez people instead of just running by.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's impossible because players would get stuck on this quest when playing completely solo or when playing roles that do not involve rezing.

Keep in mind the kill quests are generally based on contributing to a kill not landing a killing blow -- this includes healing damage dealers. I seem to recall there was an exception via a bug, but I do not recall if it was fixed.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    It's impossible because players would get stuck on this quest when playing completely solo or when playing roles that do not involve rezing.

Keep in mind the kill quests are generally based on contributing to a kill not landing a killing blow -- this includes healing damage dealers. I seem to recall there was an exception via a bug, but I do not recall if it was fixed.

But it’s more than easy enough to either grab a second quest form the board and if that doesn’t work then just give a shout in zone for the quest you want/get it from a group member. I recently tried playing a healer in PvP and fulfilling the quests is a much more lengthy process.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You could say the same thing about other quests. Taking 3 keeps becomes impossible when youre small scaling around resources, outposts or towns. Town quests take forever when my alliance holds the nearest town.

These quests are about rewarding different roles and imo a lot of people ignore resurrecting their allies
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well in the same vein, please make the kill 20 player quests require killing blows for players who like to do that. And if you don't get a lot of killing blows, you can just jump through some hoops to get a relevant quest.

The capture quests aren't really the same because one can actually fight completely solo around an objective.
    Edited by zyk on May 14, 2019 7:13AM
  • Somnilux
    Somnilux
    ✭✭✭

This is the same board as kill 40 players which currently does not work for healers in larger groups (you need to deal a certain threshhold of damage to a target for credit), and capture 3 towns or 3 outposts, which are not exactly the same thing.

Wrong board ^_^. Besides every class/role can rez. If kill 40 players worked like kill 20 players you'd have a point.
    Edited by Somnilux on May 14, 2019 4:00PM
    Luxe Khanna - AD, Rank 49 Argonian Magblade Healer
    Crystala Khanna - AD, Rank 40 Khajiit Stamplar
    Guilds: Fantasia, Dominant Dominion.