The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any update on when CP will be reworked/fixed?

Transairion
Transairion
✭✭✭✭✭
It isn't particular reassuring to have years of a system working and giving us something to progress on (0.1% progression is still progression) every patch, then every DLC, then to just a hard cap with nothing else. It's been multiple content releases since 810 was made the hard cap and everything above that number just seems pointless, not when we aren't even sure we're going to have a CP system in the future.

We got anything? An entire year without CP progression being addressed would not go down well in my view.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ETA™.

I agree. Anyone at the CP cap is wasting their 5 weeks of double XP during this Anniversary Event ... since there is no CP cap movement.
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 28, 2019 3:17PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kx7ff6N.png
    PC EU
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ETA™.

I agree. Anyone at the CP cap is wasting their 5 weeks of double XP during this Anniversary Event ... since there is no CP cap movement.

I wish the elsweyr would have dropped before this event 😂
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that this is a fair question. It has been quite awhile since ZOS put CP boosts on hold while they began evaluating their way ahead relating to CP. Either an update or at least what their thinking/progress is would be most welcome. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't particular reassuring to have years of a system working and giving us something to progress on (0.1% progression is still progression) every patch, then every DLC, then to just a hard cap with nothing else. It's been multiple content releases since 810 was made the hard cap and everything above that number just seems pointless, not when we aren't even sure we're going to have a CP system in the future.

We got anything? An entire year without CP progression being addressed would not go down well in my view.

1st quarter of the year was Racial Passives, 2nd quarter is about combat changes focused on skills, 3rd and 4th quarters still haven't announced anything yet...

Honestly I expect CP Rework by the end of the year during 4th quarter.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever happens i hope it will be useful all the way to 2000 cp

I hate the fact no matter what content they release am always going to be max level and max everything straight away - its boring.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove cp cap 😂😂
    I’m joking that would be absolute chaos
  • Iron_Blurr
    Iron_Blurr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean they could just remove the cp cap and let the hard cap take effect. Eventually people will fill up every single cp node and high experience players will all basically have the same stats cp wise making it balanced at the top end. Sure the cp discrepancy between a cp2000 player and a cp400 player will be large but they can always go play pvp in non cp campaigns. Also in pve there are hard diminishing returns on cp the higher you go so damage increases and resistance increases would level off over time.
    If they absolutely must change cp i suggest that they look at the blue cp trees since those are really the problem. No one cares if someone has 15% more stam regen on a mag dps where their stam regen is like 600. 15% of 600 isnt much. But with every increase of cp cap, the blue cp dps power creep grows. That is what ultimately causes trouble for pvp and pve balance.
    For example:
    Lets say you are a pve dps player. Sooner or later you get 100points in arcanist/mooncalf and 100 points in tenacity. Then what? I guess roll dodge or block cost reduction but those dont help your dps much. And what happens after you max out roll dodge, block cost, break free and sprint cost reductions? Well i guess you move on to 100 of your secondary resources regen. So a mag dps will have 15% more stam Regen which isnt really much. Then i guess they move on fo health regen which is pointless on the typical vampire meta dps build.
    The same thing applies for pve healers. Eventually your cp really dont affect the healing you can output very much. A healer gets to 100 in blessed and elf born and then what? I guess a little damag?
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want no-CP dungeons xD
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just something as simple as leaving the cap and letting unused cp add to the resource pool of that color. Trivial gains but at least it would let us have a progression. Somebody with 1,500 cp more than me would have an extra +500 to each stat. Pretty reasonable for how hard it is to so many at the later cp xp costs.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have to be careful what we ask for. Knowing ZOS they will do something drastic like remove CP completely and then go "Did I do that?" for a year before giving us another "system" to progress with.