The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting Surveys could use an update.

Arato
Arato
✭✭✭✭✭
First off, crafting surveys have been around since before housing became a thing, survey nodes give no housing materials because of this. I hope this can change. it'd help make alchemy and enchanting writs somewhat worthwhile if you're into housing. As it is now because you get hundreds and hundreds of the runes and plant based alchemy materials, I could see people just throwing away alchemy and enchanting surveys, I don't personally, but I would if I had never had the crafting bag.
Second, for alchemy surveys it'd be nice to also have some sort of cache of animal based parts in them, similar to how clothing surveys have the traps that yield leather. Personally I always run out of mudcrab chitin since I don't just automatically kill every mudcrab I see, so when writs need mudcrab chitin I have to go out on a mudcrab purge, which is pretty boring, or I have to pay someone else for their boredom farming mudcrabs. I don't have to do this with any other alchemy mat, but I could see eventually needing torchbugs and butterflies.. so.. alchemist's satchel with insect and crustacean parts, yeah?

Does anyone know if Hakeijo can drop from enchanting survey nodes? If not, that'd be nice too.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    First off, crafting surveys have been around since before housing became a thing, survey nodes give no housing materials because of this. I hope this can change. it'd help make alchemy and enchanting writs somewhat worthwhile if you're into housing. As it is now because you get hundreds and hundreds of the runes and plant based alchemy materials, I could see people just throwing away alchemy and enchanting surveys, I don't personally, but I would if I had never had the crafting bag.
    Second, for alchemy surveys it'd be nice to also have some sort of cache of animal based parts in them, similar to how clothing surveys have the traps that yield leather. Personally I always run out of mudcrab chitin since I don't just automatically kill every mudcrab I see, so when writs need mudcrab chitin I have to go out on a mudcrab purge, which is pretty boring, or I have to pay someone else for their boredom farming mudcrabs. I don't have to do this with any other alchemy mat, but I could see eventually needing torchbugs and butterflies.. so.. alchemist's satchel with insect and crustacean parts, yeah?

Does anyone know if Hakeijo can drop from enchanting survey nodes? If not, that'd be nice too.

I agree on the Alchemy drops being updated, however, they do drop corn flower, and selling that alone can buy all the other materials you need.

The Bequeather bags you can get from Dark Brotherhood has a different selections of materials

The Waxed Apothocary Satchels you can buy with TelVar do as well.

Haikejo cannot drop from surveys. Can buy it with TelVar, or from farming Trove Scamps in the sewers.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well point is to make surveys especially alchemy and enchanting, more worth doing. Right now I could see just throwing them away.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am piling them up now since it is either gather them or play the other parts of the game. This is why I want things like an ingame indication (PS4) for when I am close to a site, rather than having to dedicate myself to that.

They are nice, but too much of a pain overall in many ways.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    welp, can't help you there since that's not what this thread is about, I just use an addon on PC. Your choice to get it on an inferior platform.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just let the surveys build up theses days, once I have a stack of 10 in one spot, I go and gather them. Am curious what the max stack size is for them though.

About the only ones I do on a regular basis are the jewelry ones either once a week or fortnight.

Do agree that the survey's should drop furniture mats and the alchemy surveys dropping the insect/animal parts like clothing surveys do with leather.

They should have a new tab in the craft bag, that auto stores surveys, rather than them taking up bag/bank space.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    I just let the surveys build up theses days, once I have a stack of 10 in one spot, I go and gather them. Am curious what the max stack size is for them though.

About the only ones I do on a regular basis are the jewelry ones either once a week or fortnight.

Do agree that the survey's should drop furniture mats and the alchemy surveys dropping the insect/animal parts like clothing surveys do with leather.

They should have a new tab in the craft bag, that auto stores surveys, rather than them taking up bag/bank space.

Alchemy could also use a fungi component as well. I realize this might not be popular as a lot of the mushrooms aren't as high-demand as their floral counterparts, but some like Namira's Rot still continue to be used. This would just be good for balance's sake.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)