The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The History & The Lore To The Theology of God's.

Inhuman003
Inhuman003
✭✭✭✭✭
Anubis is the Lord of The Underworld and Hircine is the Huntsman of the Prices both have their own realms. But do you see the similarities of man and beast combined as one in Anubis & Hircine? I personally think this solves the case where the devs were expired by the history of Anubis to make Hircine in their image. Hircine is the perfect example of a real-world history of world-building even on characters.
ESO-Hircine-03.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

• PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hircine seems more inspired by the celtic god Cernunnos
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hircine seems more inspired by the celtic god Cernunnos

Yup you're more right than I am
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both Cernunnos & Anubis carries the weight of the underworld how interesting.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sheogorath was clearly inspired by the welsh cheese eating pirate lords of the late 14th century.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    Anu the Everything was, I think, or most likely, inspired by Anu the Mesopotamian deity where Anu is the ancestor of everything. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anu
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    That is why this game is awesome, it's 'lore' is so close to ancient theology. Like, for example, the Daedric Princes are like the Sarim or Angelic Princes, wherein there are malevolent and benevolent princes.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rontabs77 wrote: »
    That is why this game is awesome, it's 'lore' is so close to ancient theology. Like, for example, the Daedric Princes are like the Sarim or Angelic Princes, wherein there are malevolent and benevolent princes.

I see it more as varying shades of malevolence.

Like, sure, Meridia hates the undead and is the closest we get to a typically "good" daedra. During the Oblivion Crisis, her Ayleid champion comes back and starts slaughtering innocent Aedric priests with her blessing...

Or take Azura, the most seemingly benevolent of the Three Good Daedra of the Dunmer. If you offend her, she will set up a long term prophecy that gets potential candidates slaughtered, but eventually results in the death of 2 or 3 false gods, the destruction of Vvardenfell, Red Year and the Argonian Invasion. Azura does not mess around when it comes to vengeance and it greatly impacts the Dunmer.

And somewhat amusingly in Skyrim, most of the daedric princes' quests can be summed up as "This dude is messing with my stuff. Go punish him and get my stuff back!"
  • RealWhiteGuar
    RealWhiteGuar
    ✭✭
    I see it more as varying shades of malevolence.

I wouldn't even go that far. I'm probably the biggest advocate of the idea that the Daedra (and all the et'Ada, really) are simply acting out what is in their nature. "Malevolence" is a perspective, just as "evil" is. Molag Bal is typically my go-to example, as Molag Bal, the Prince of *** is only the chief dominator because he must be - he is incapable of doing anything else. If you put Molag Bal and literally anything else in a room together, Molag Bal will dominate them in some form or another. He doesn't have a choice.

We wouldn't consider a scorpion "evil" because it stings or a dog "evil" because it bites. They are simply doing what is in their nature. I argue that this, at least in Molag Bal's case, is the breadth of his duality. He is a slave to his nature and so becomes, ironically, both the quintessential slavedriver and the quintessential slave.

If we apply the same logic to other Princes, then we understand that they are effectively capricious and flawed individuals who can't not do what they do. They are the scorpion, and the scorpion stings the toad because it is in his nature.
    @RealWhiteGuar | The_White_Guar
    Editor-in-chief
    The Tel Mora Independent Press

Moderator: r/teslore
    Admin: The Dreamsleeve