Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

A refund of skill points or gold as an alternative to class change tokens.

Uudrost
Uudrost
✭✭
Question to ESO developers:
I've maxed out at 15 veteran characters and am loathe to delete one to create a necromancer character.
Creating a class change token is probably too labor intensive but why not provide a skill point refund?
Or even simpler, email so much gold to the user for each skill point lost through character deletion?
Or something like the guy in single player Elder Scrolls Skyrim who would announce the death of a relative and give you gold and say "sorry for your loss".

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's both amazing and shocking ... the ideas "altoholic" players will dream up just to avoid getting a second account.

Do we dare tell the forum-goers there are more purchasable character slots coming with Elsweyr ... even the smug ones?
  • RecktrithiusOediphitry
    Uudrost wrote: »

Creating a class change token is probably too labor intensive

I highly doubt that.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've maxed out at 15 veteran characters and am loathe to delete one to create a necromancer character.
    Creating a class change token is probably too labor intensive but why not provide a skill point refund?
    Or even simpler, email so much gold to the user for each skill point lost through character deletion?
    Or something like the guy in single player Elder Scrolls Skyrim who would announce the death of a relative and give you gold and say "sorry for your loss".

Why would you need to delete a character to play the Necromancer?

We are going to get one free character slot (confirmed by ZOS), and some more will be available for purchase (it seems two more will be sold).

Edited by Watchdog on May 8, 2019 9:19PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To the OP. Sorry but the devs are unlikely to respond to this thread. You can try asking them in the next ESO Live but I do not see any of your suggestions occurring as they do not make sense and would likely be challenging to implement in itself since it is clear there is not something in place to hold the gold or skill points, or whatever.

Of course I am making a guess here but it seems very likely the mechanism is not in place since there has not been a reason for it to be.
    Donavarion wrote: »

Creating a class change token is probably too labor intensive

I highly doubt that.

I doubt anyone with actual knowledge of what it would entail will be coming to this thread to say either way. People often indicate something would be easy for Zos to do yet they lack any knowledge of how things are setup behind the scenes.
  • Uudrost
    Uudrost
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the responses, ZOS will add another character. All the same it would be interesting if ZOS created an algorithm that would work like a death benefit. Say 10,,000 gold for every skill point lost when a character is deleted.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be wrong, but I remember that ZOS said that we will get a free character slot when Elswyer launches and at the same time they will icrease max character slot. So dont worry. You should be able to try out necromancer without removing one of your egsisting characters.