Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Do the Guild Merchants Have an Item Level Limit?

Mayanpup
Mayanpup
✭✭✭
I am a 50/200 character and was looking for some food in the CP 200-250 range. When I went to the two traders near the way shrine in Knenarthi's Roost and typed in "200" - "250" in the search box (CP Level checked), clicked the mouse to set the search, it reverted to "160" - "160". This also happened when I tried traders in Auridon and Malabal Tor. Am I missing something?

Best Answers

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The CP cap is 160 for items.

You'll continue to benefit from CP that you gain up to 810 on your character, but armor, weapons, enchantments, and consumables only go up to CP 160.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 10, 2019 1:24PM
    Answer ✓
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Items limit is capped at CP160

God, imagine only getting a ''TRUE'' Set on CP810, i'm already having trouble to get Valkyn Shoulders Light (Literally 24 Keys already), imagine if i need to repeat it every 300 of CP, i would abandon the game
    Edited by yRaven on May 10, 2019 3:13PM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
    Answer ✓
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yRaven wrote: »
    imagine only getting a ''TRUE'' Set on CP810, i'm already having trouble to get Valkyn Shoulders Light (Literally 24 Keys already), imagine if i need to repeat it every 300 of CP, i would abandon the game
    agree.gif

Everything in Tamriel is capped at CP160, it is the max level for items, mobs and npcs ...
    shades.gif

Answer ✓
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayanpup wrote: »
    THANKS!

Does crafting my own food and runes allow me to get benefits past 160?

Upgrading your weapons, armor and enchants give you higher quality cp160 items, but still only cp160.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Answer ✓
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crafted food and potions are superior to those sold by npc vendors, but can typically also be bought from other players in guild stores. Enchanting you will definitely want to craft or buy from a crafter; I'm not sure how good the selection tends to be in guild stores.
    Answer ✓
  • Mayanpup
    Mayanpup
    ✭✭✭
    THANKS!

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    THANKS!

Not sure what you're asking. CP160 is the cap. You can pile up cp points past that, but gear and items are capped at cp160.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANKS!

There is no food, runes or gear for levels above CP160, that's the cap.

You can use more CP than that, but it's purely the CP benefits you get, not new item tiers.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Katastrophia
    Katastrophia
    ✭✭
    yRaven wrote: »
    Items limit is capped at CP160

God, imagine only getting a ''TRUE'' Set on CP810, i'm already having trouble to get Valkyn Shoulders Light (Literally 24 Keys already), imagine if i need to repeat it every 300 of CP, i would abandon the game

Valkyn Skoria shoulders were in the AP golden vendor in cyrodiil this past weekend. I hope you were able to get the one you needed