Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Contraband drops.

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
By contraband, I mean the tiered "treasures" that can be stolen from the silver lockboxes at merchants and private homes.

Is there any factor that has an impact on what tiers drop and how frequently? I'm asking because it really does feel like that over time, I've been getting progressively better drops over the months. I do a legerdemain run every day on my main.

Do contraband drops get better over time for a character? Or is it truly random and I've just been getting really lucky lately?
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe the higher your ledgerman skill the better your drops.
    And I think thieves guild helps also, reason being have two thieves at max ledgerman one has done thieves guild the other hasn’t the one that has makes on average 1k more on the exact same run