The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are Kyne and Sotha dead campaigns in PS4 EU?

Vietfox
Vietfox
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I used to play ESO on my PC till it died some months ago. I was so addicted to PvP that i decided to buy it for PS4 till i get a new PC.
On my second day i decided to do some pvp but i realized kyne was empty, and so was sotha. What's the reason behind that?
Consoles might have less players, but i've seen lots of under 50s on pve. Yet almost none of them seem to be interested on pvp.
So here i am, an under 50 character with no CP pvping in Vivec because pvp is life.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm there with you - have 5 no cp level 35 characters...

you have to seriously adjust your playstyle...thankfully combat scaling helps with survivability and sustain (I think it affects sustain)...

killing folks though takes siege and grouping up...right now I'm wearing 2 pvp sets on each toon...

no one likes playing on a dead map - pvp just isn't much playing by yourself...and, most people prefer playing with champion points...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    I'm there with you - have 5 no cp level 35 characters...

you have to seriously adjust your playstyle...thankfully combat scaling helps with survivability and sustain (I think it affects sustain)...

killing folks though takes siege and grouping up...right now I'm wearing 2 pvp sets on each toon...

Yeah it helps, but as you said killing people is a whole different story. Right now i'm forced to do some zerg surfing.
    I guess i'll be able to play solo once i hit around 500 cp or so...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's funny - those folks I see sitting below cp300 or so I think may actually have a tougher time than players who haven't reached level 50 yet...combat scaling really helps a lot...

I'm thinking though - once I do hit level 50, I may just stay inside of keeps repairing walls until I reach cp160 and can at least start wearing some decent gear the fits the character's build :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @geonsocal
    it's funny - those folks I see sitting below cp300 or so I think may actually have a tougher time than players who haven't reached level 50 yet...combat scaling really helps a lot...

Well, probably because they are still kinda new to pvp.
    Two or three days ago i killed 2 guys in a 1v1 because they were terrible at pvp. I was somewhere in between level 20 and 25 without a single full set (i live only for pvp, don't like to spend too much time on pve). One of them was 509 CP and the other one 810 CP with crappy damage and spamming puncture.
    I'm thinking though - once I do hit level 50, I may just stay inside of keeps repairing walls until I reach cp160 and can at least start wearing some decent gear the fits the character's build :)

Lmao, just level up fast doing dolmens. The ones at Auridon or Alik'r desert.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 10 max cp characters (each race, mag/stam version of each class) over on the NA server - whenever I may feel a little overwhelmed on the EU server I can simply jump on one of my other toons to feel better about things...

although pvp being what it is, there is always someone (or someones :) ) better than yourself that you'll run in to in pvp - or simply just having a better game day...and, even on one of my max guys I'll still get wrecked in 1v1 occasionally, or, just simply zerged down...

I'm usually do pretty good at not dying - it's just killing other folks (without any cp) when I'm running solo that's challenging...

there's an upcoming double xp event that's supposed to last for 5 weeks...I'm hoping to get all 5 toons to at least level 45 during that time...maybe towards the fall I'll hit cp160 and can start putting together sets...I've already started buying monster set pieces...

started playing around June 2015, at this point the desire to grind anything in eso is pretty low...

I'm with you - the only thing I really like doing anymore is pvp, and, dueling or battlegrounds doesn't really do it for me...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :o
    Edited by geonsocal on March 13, 2019 8:11PM
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @geonsocal
    What alliance do you fight for? Mine is AD.
    We might fight together one of these days or fight against each other ;)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Vietfox :)

over on the EU server all 5 toons are DC...I'm thinking though that when I create those two new necromancers (one mag, one stam) - I may put one in AD and one in EP and park both of them in the imperial city campaign...

just because...

over on the NA server I have 4 DC, 3 AD, and 3 EP characters...they all fight within vivec...

for the last few months I wanted to try to reestablish some feeling of alliance loyalty, so I played DC only on the NA vivec server and started 5 DC only characters on the EU server...

but, I've been faction hopping for so long on NA vivec (and scourge, azura's star before that) - I never really had that serious DC loyal feeling on the NA server...plus over on the NA server there's a lot of really cool people whom play for AD (EP has some cool folks too, it's just they seem much more loyal and intense when it comes to playing for their alliance)...

I'm living out here in california (Geo-n-SoCal) so I don't normally start playing until about 10pm or so p.s.t....

heck, by that time there's usually only 20 or so players on the entire EU vivec map...

I enjoy it a lot more during the weekends when the map is filled with players...

is your psn the same as your forum name? if so, I'll definitely keep an eye out for you and remember to say hi if I see you out there...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 15, 2019 12:25AM
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @geonsocal
    howdy @vietfox :)

over on the EU server all 5 toons are DC...I'm thinking though that when I create those two new necromancers (one mag, one stam) - I may put one in AD and one in EP and park both of them in the imperial city campaign...

just because...

over on the NA server I have 4 DC, 3 AD, and 3 EP characters...they all fight within vivec...

for the last few months I wanted to try to reestablish some feeling of alliance loyalty, so I played DC only on the NA vivec server and started 5 DC only characters on the EU server...

but, I've been faction hopping for so long on NA vivec (and scourge, azura's star before that) - I never really had that serious DC loyal feeling on the NA server...plus over on the NA server there's a lot of really cool people whom play for AD (EP has some cool folks too, it's just they seem much more loyal and intense when it comes to playing for their alliance)...

I'm living out here in california (Geo-n-SoCal) so I don't normally start playing until about 10pm or so p.s.t....

heck, by that time there's usually only 20 or so players on the entire EU vivec map...

I enjoy it a lot more during the weekends when the map is filled with players...

is your psn the same as your forum name? if so, I'll definitely keep an eye out for you and remember to say hi if I see you out there...

Yup, i play in EU. Vietfox in PC and Vietfox87 in PS4, but as i said i'm currently unable to play in PC.

Yeah there are cool people everywhere and i've made friends from other alliances while pvping. I just stick to AD for other reasons, i like to give the chance to the "bad guys", hear their side of the story and be part of the group that nobody is willing to understand :).
    I really like the first Aldmeri Dominion so far, nothing to do with the other ones.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    which time zone do you normally play in?

I've only been on the EU sever for a few months now...

over on the NA server control of the "main" (30 day cp) map has switched from DC for about a year and a half, to AD for about 2 years, with EP winning a few campaigns here and there...

right now AD is in 3rd over on the NA server in vivec...I enjoy playing for the 3rd place team, so, when things get too empty on the EU server that's where I head to...

I need to check again tonight, but, I believe things are pretty close on the EU sever in vivec...

it's just tough because sometimes when I go to play there hardly anyone else is on...
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @geonsocal
    which time zone do you normally play in?

I've only been on the EU sever for a few months now...

over on the NA server control of the "main" (30 day cp) map has switched from DC for about a year and a half, to AD for about 2 years, with EP winning a few campaigns here and there...

right now AD is in 3rd over on the NA server in vivec...I enjoy playing for the 3rd place team, so, when things get too empty on the EU server that's where I head to...

I need to check again tonight, but, I believe things are pretty close on the EU sever in vivec...

it's just tough because sometimes when I go to play there hardly anyone else is on...

I live in GMT +1, but my sleep schedule is completely messed up, meaning that i'm usually able to play with americans more often than with other europeans.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want say I’m not gone on forum nor would I be. In case why others was wondering. There are tough times going on for me in real life. With that being said. I’m on PS4 EU. I mostly Shor EU. I did try Sotha Sil couple of times. Think was 3 weeks ago. Looked really good for map. I still have Sotha Sil as guest campaign. Originally from Vivec. But 2 weeks later, suddenly DC/AD huge numbers went Shor. I feel they made war with us EP. I feel this might be cause to why hardly no one is Sotha Sil. I don’t want take you away from Sotha Sil. Mind you just trying to help and maybe suggestion for you try Shor as guest. But AD/DC got tired of us and I really miss switching sides. But I’m in these 2 red guilds and they stopping me from switching. Not fun honestly. It’s there rules. But I’m also in 2 other guilds. 1 blue and 1 yellow. Guild description does say War in Shor. I unsure if this might help ask your question op.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on March 25, 2019 4:21PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it makes me smile to read your words @Serjustin19

stay strong ser justin...life is full of ups and downs...

let the past go, try your best to find the beauty and joy of each moment in the present, have hope for the future...

and, game on :)
    Edited by geonsocal on March 26, 2019 1:01AM
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the encouragement and your right to. :)
    it makes me smile to read your words @Serjustin19

stay strong ser justin...life is full of ups and downs...

let the past go, try your best to find the beauty and joy of each moment in the present, have hope for the future...

and, game on :)

Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are on pc too. It's zos lack of adding additional features or fixes to problems that have been persistent for years.

That and the fact they destroy playstyles with heavy handed nerfs that drive players away.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    They are on pc too. It's zos lack of adding additional features or fixes to problems that have been persistent for years.

That and the fact they destroy playstyles with heavy handed nerfs that drive players away.

As far as i know Sotha pc eu is quite active.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Vietfox I'm on pc/na and all servers but vivec are almost always at low pop