The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Answers, for the love of Y'ffre

demerdecanswrath
demerdecanswrath
✭✭✭
Recently upgraded to an RX570 eGPU. Absolutely no bandwidth or otherwise performance bottlenecking going on system-wise (ran all the diagnostics and benchmarks). I can confirm that client performance is at an all time low, even compared to other poorly developed games.

My best guess is that all work on the Mac client is based on contracts with freelancers and other studios. Mods and devs are looking away from this part of the forum like it's a car accident (convince me otherwise, @ZOS_GinaBruno ). There's two massive issues regarding macOS development with this game:

1. Code base needs heavy tweaking. MoltenVK is a clever alternative to actual Metal 2, but the implementation is heavily questionable.

2. (More important than the first imo) PLEASE hire somebody to work on the .app packages. Bring eso.app where it's supposed to be. Stuck, disappearing and duplicate cursors, macOS character menus popping up, NO actual full screen support (just snapping to the edges and overlaying the app is not full screen UX guidelines on macOS), NO close button and the lack of dark mode is killing me (it's literally two lines on the info.plist anyone can do it with 1 minute of googling).

It's been more than half a year we're in this mess. Half. a. year. ZoS! I don't blame you for making the mistakes or taking time for them, I'm blaming you for stalling obvious solutions.
Characters:
  • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
  • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
  • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bootcamp
  • demerdecanswrath
    demerdecanswrath
    ✭✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »
    Bootcamp

I actively payed a lot of money to stay away from Windows. Not an option.
    Characters:
    • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
    • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
    • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.