Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What sets do I want as a magplar? PVE

Aralon
Aralon
✭✭
Hey guys,

I was doing one of my first vet trials yesterday and I noticed that I have no idea what sets I should be focusing on getting!

So far I have the following:
Full set of mother’s sorrow (all slots including inferno and lightning staff)
Full set of spell strat (5 pieces of armour and an inferno staff)
Full set of julanos (including jewellery)
Working on the set from CR
Working on Burning Spellweave
2 pieces of Valkyn Skoria (med and heavy)
2 pieces of Grothdarr (med and heavy)

Are there any other pieces from trials or dungeons I should focus on as a magplar for PVE? I plan on doing the harder vet trials and skin runs in the DLC dungeons.

Thanks!!
Edited by Aralon on May 9, 2019 8:12AM

Best Answer

• Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest you look like you have dps covered for now.

Grab yourself a set of healing gear aswel for more utility.

Olorime, IA, mending, sanctuary, bogdan, are all easy to get and decent options.

I like asylum resto frontbar, 5x mending/sanctuary/worm depending on situation, 5x olorime (on backbar with lightning).
    Edited by Haquor on May 8, 2019 1:19PM
    Answer ✓
  • royo
    royo
    ✭✭✭
    You can do competitive dps in all endgame trial hardmodes with sorrow body and either bsw or spell strat front bar. There are some smaller changes you can make depending on the fight, but that's most of it. Add slimecraw and zaan to your monster helm list.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im using Mothers Sorrow, Burning Spell Weave, and Grothdar. Works quite well
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Aralon
    Aralon
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the help guys! I will focus on getting this gear transmuted and gold then.