Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

We need a general discussion forum.

Neizir
Neizir
✭✭✭✭✭
I've seen lots of threads in the New Player Questions section of the forums that aren't at all new player questions but rather general topics about ESO, leaving those who are actually asking questions out in the cold. I think that, so the New Player Questions thread returns to its purpose, a General Discussion forum should be made.
Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
I have a fancy signature.
▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think just a suggestion forum (without the ability to reply, only to 'agree') would be better and more streamlined to what would be of use to the devs. General Discussion is usually nothing but a cesspool.
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the Entire ESO forums in my opinion is kinda odd....

I mean I get around just fine (now that the languages are sererate ) but seems we are missing some pretty standard navigation and discussion areas.

It's cool if they wanted to try something different but doing something just because it's different can leave a bit to be desired.
  • SDZald
    SDZald
    ✭✭✭
    That is what this one is being used for anyway, maybe they ought to just rename it :)
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    or be more strict and start closing more of the non question threads.
  • Unvalid
    Unvalid
    ✭✭
    I agree. Make a General thread for gods sake. this setup is noodley nuggers! fit for rug buggers and word worm squirms!!!
    "I dual wield two dwarves dual wielding two two-handed swords in two-handed grips with one hand in each hand"
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    This forum desperately needs a General Discussion. And a better layout.
  • Kinsaven
    Kinsaven
    ✭✭✭
    A separation of the New Player and General forums would be great, seeing as this section is currently more a General forum than a New Player forum anyway. The whole forum layout could definitely still use some work, but it's slowly getting there.
    Shimond wrote: »
    I think just a suggestion forum (without the ability to reply, only to 'agree') would be better and more streamlined to what would be of use to the devs. General Discussion is usually nothing but a cesspool.

Sometimes, not always. And it wouldn't be much different from what these forums are now anyway. You're always going to get people who troll, are rude or create threads in which their sole purpose is to whine about the game. That doesn't mean you should not have a general discussion forum though, since there are plenty of people who are capable of having decent discussions, and it would be nice if they had somewhere specific to go to. I do however agree that suggestion forums would be a nice thing to have.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I do love ESO, I really do not like the layout of those forums: For example, we have a forum for each skill line separately, wich is pointless in my opinion. Also, where do we discuss builds in general?

• Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Create a General Discussion forum you devs you - people want it!
    I lyke not this quill.
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well... this thread isn't a question.

Besides, a GDF is the norm for players to ask questions. This forum was mislabeled from the start.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Dracovar
    Dracovar
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please, General Discussion. And while you're at it, have someone completely rebuild this odd, counter-intuitive mess you call a forum.
  • LialMcFlynn
    Neizir wrote: »
    I've seen lots of threads in the New Player Questions section of the forums that aren't at all new player questions but rather general topics about ESO, leaving those who are actually asking questions out in the cold. I think that, so the New Player Questions thread returns to its purpose, a General Discussion forum should be made.

Agreed Completely.

Shimond wrote: »

I'd rather see a General Discussion AND Suggestion forum WITH the ability to reply while also both being heavily moderated to remove anyone who is cursing or otherwise being unruly from posts.
    Dracovar wrote: »
    Yes please, General Discussion. And while you're at it, have someone completely rebuild this odd, counter-intuitive mess you call a forum.

Also pay for some German classes for me or hide the German section from me unless I log in on a German version of the site >.<

• Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't get it. They already make you select your language. But then they show all the other languages anyway. They really should be filtered out.