The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Breton templar help

lonewanderer7797
lonewanderer7797
Soul Shriven
I would really like to play a Breton Templar. I have never played one before and I dont really know how to build a proper templar. I would really like a templar with heavy armor, one handed and shield. Is a breton an viable option for this in pvp?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you want Stamina or Magic? Breton is good for Magic, not Stamina.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• lonewanderer7797
    lonewanderer7797
    Soul Shriven
    I would like a magic templar
  • Bored_Owl
    Bored_Owl
    ✭✭
    It sounds like you're going for something more tanky? If you are, I'd add a frost staff as your secondary weapon since the passives give a small damage shield from a heavy attack and make it so blocking costs magicka instead of stamina.

The heavy armor is great for PvP, especially if you're not entirely sure how to play your class (or just new to pvp in general).
    After all, it's hard to figure out how to play the class if you're dead all the time.

Breton is a very good magicka race (I think it's either the top or just behind Altmer right now) so you're good there.