Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How to price items when selling in Guild Store?

mashugana
mashugana
How do you figure out the market value of whatever you are selling? Is there an add on? In other games you can search the Auction House and see the average price but you cannot do that in ESO with vendors all over the planet.

Is there a trick you use? Thanks.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tamriel Trade Center addon - show you all listings with minimum, avg, maximum listings and gives estimated price

Master Merchant Addon - Shows you what have sold in your trade guild and at what price it sold (not so helpful if in a small guild)

Apart from these addons you can always check your trade for the item you're planning on selling. And place yourself at the same price or right under (with only a few gold) of that seller.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and those people who are on console?????
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mashugana wrote: »
    How do you figure out the market value of whatever you are selling? Is there an add on?
    Is there a trick you use? Thanks.

If you are on PC there are addons as mentioned above. However those can be misleading too.

There are three kinds of goods, commodities (think crafting mats and such), set items and shinies.

Go shopping in a couple of trading centers to figure out the commodities. This stuff sells for about the same price everywhere.

Same for Popular Dropped Sets. Not all sets are popular and some things sell for the price of a temper. Improvements kind of don't matter.

Shinies, well, guess. If they are rare, it is hard to shop for a price. But these can command a high price orbit listed for 30 days.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually price something for what I would pay for it or less than what is appearing in traders. A quick search of my quild's trader gives a decent starting point. If there is an item in there that hasn't sold in days, it is probably over-priced. Once I list it, If it sells quickly, the next time I list the same item I raise the price a bit, until it doesn't sell.

The one thing I have learned about selling items in this game is, if you list the item for what it is worth, and it takes weeks to sell, you are losing money. For example, if you have a staff that is worth 100K, and you list it for 100K and it takes 20 days to sell at that price, you are losing money. Since you could have sold that staff for 60K quicker, and used that same trader slot to sell other items in the 20 day period.
  • mashugana
    mashugana
    Thank you all very much
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and those people who are on console?????

Buy a PC. O_o
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC, as others have mentioned, there are add ons.

On Console we don't have that luxury, so I simply visit a few guild traders and do a text search for the item I wish to sell, this way I build up a picture of roughly what folk are selling for... I do this for higher priced, rarer items... then I sell mine for similar, often a bit less.

For the other stuff I basically just chuck it in for less than what I would pay.