The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magwarden needs some serious love

Ulfgarde
Ulfgarde
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS, how can you let the one class in the game that you need to pay money for also be literally the most useless class in the game? They are the LOWEST PARSING DD in PVE right now, and the upcoming patch notes aren't helping that fact. In PvP, we have the lowest burst damage, the lowest amount of healing, and a lack of a CC AND an execute. We have to run a useless ultimate (sleet storm) to have any relative notion of what might be called "damage". How can you have the GALL of taking away Shalk's CC and giving us a useless 5 second debuff in replacement? It's stamina-side trumps magicka in every way conceivable to the human mind. How could you not look at the numbers and see how they are the lowest tier class when it comes to dueling, solo, or small-scale?

Just look at this video, if any of you even read the forums. I hope this encourages you to do a total skill overhaul in magicka warden's favor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk-aKDNtqm4
Edited by Ulfgarde on April 28, 2019 5:09AM
Very athletic eso player
PC EU
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.. pleas revert arctic blast back to damage PBAoe
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't speak for pve...

In PvP though magden is really strong. Not sure what your issue is - I'm having a lot of success with mine.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This class is ridiculously overpowered and needs to be nerfed.
    Lethal zergling
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at the lowest burst damage on a class that has built in delayed burst skill
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭
    "Lowest Burst damage" lmao

3UR6v6z.jpg
    Edited by Beffagorn on May 1, 2019 9:37PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that Warden’s Crystal Frags really helped that burst ;)
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Well they put up with 50 levels and another 200 cp of the class being near garbage they earned it by now
  • Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭

And what does that have to do with warden burst? It was in a BG, It's unlikely to be able to have a 1v1 with no outside interference at all (The sorc got killed after casting that frag). Claiming magdens are trash and have no burst is just a l2p issue. Btw, that happened on my 7heavy dk with Bloodspawn proc active.

The class is perfectly capable of dealing high burst and the amount of crowd control and support they offer is unrivaled.

Also, great way of ignoring the elepthant in the room. Don't worry about the 10k in a no cp battleground. gotta worry about that frag from a random sorc
    Edited by Beffagorn on May 2, 2019 3:41PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beffagorn wrote: »

And what does that have to do with warden burst? It was in a BG, It's unlikely to be able to have a 1v1 with no outside interference at all (The sorc got killed after casting that frag). Claiming magdens are trash and have no burst is just a l2p issue. Btw, that happened on my 7heavy dk with Bloodspawn proc active.

The class is perfectly capable of dealing high burst and the amount of crowd control and support they offer is unrivaled.

Also, great way of ignoring the elepthant in the room. Don't worry about the 10k in a no cp battleground. gotta worry about that frag from a random sorc

But your screenshot doesn’t even show a Warden burst. Deep Fissure (their delayed burst skill) did not hit you. All I’m seeing in that recap is 2 Cliff Racer spammables for 4k each, an enchant proc, and a 10k ultimate (not even particularly high compared to other ultimates). If that combo was enough to kill you I would recommend a little more health or defense. I assumed the Frag was part of the cause of death because the other damage only totals 21k, which is pretty low health for PVP. The bear hit looks like a crit, so maybe you are also lacking crit resistance.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on May 2, 2019 4:05PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But your screenshot doesn’t even show a Warden burst. Deep Fissure (their delayed burst skill) did not hit you. All I’m seeing in that recap is 2 Cliff Racer spammables for 4k each, an enchant proc, and a 10k ultimate (not even particularly high compared to other ultimates). If that combo was enough to kill you I would recommend a little more health or defense. I assumed the Frag was part of the cause of death because the other damage only totals 21k, which is pretty low health for PVP. The bear hit looks like a crit, so maybe you are also lacking crit resistance.

He got executed: low health and a Warden bear make for one heck of a combination. At first I thought 10k was a bit on the weak side, but it turned out to be from a BG so yeah... Pretty normal value for no CP.
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Lowest Burst damage" lmao

Damn that's crazy, but have you tried increasing your spell resistance to magical attacks? I have done so to greatly reduce those effects.
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭

Your ability to assume (wrongly) and reach in an argument is outstanding tbh.

So, let's start off. You claim that a 10k ult isn't part of a magden burst. Reason for that? Cause there's no deep fissure on the death recap. Why there's no deep fissure on the recap? Because the dude somehow failed to land it.

Then you claim that 10k isn't "particularly high compared to other ultimates" compared to what ultimate, exactly? The only ultimate in the game capable of reaching 10k front loaded burst in a no-cp environment is Berserker Strike. In fact, it's the only ult i've ever seen reach those numbers in a no-cp battleground.

Some ultimates might have a higher damage overall, that's true, but you completely omit they also have a DoT component to it, hence making it much easier to counter. DBOS and Ice Comet, for example.

Next, you try moving the argument towards me not having enough hp and not enough inpen. Well, not really. I have 25k HP and am wearing 7/7 heavy inpen and also a Bloodspawn proc active when that happened . So, not really.
    Tryxus wrote: »
    He got executed: low health and a Warden bear make for one heck of a combination. At first I thought 10k was a bit on the weak side, but it turned out to be from a BG so yeah... Pretty normal value for no CP.

More wrong assumptions, i see.

The Bear ult execute range is 25%. The death recap shows 15.7k dmg, 11k of which were form the Magden's failed burst rotation. 15k dmg leaves me with 9.6k which is not enough to put me into the 25% execute range (6350).

In conclusion, a failed magden burst rotation hit a 35.4k Spell Resist (No Major Breach from Fissure) for 11k + a 10k non-execute Guardian's Wrath. If he had landed Deep Fissure, applying Major Breach and i didn't luck with an active bloodspawn proc that rotation would have EASILY hit for 20k dmg, in a no-cp battleground. I wonder how much that would have hit someone not wearing 7/7 heavy and without a 3300 spell resist passive like Dk has.

Instead of making objectively wrong claims and making wrong assumptions, maybe you all should take a look at what YOU are doing wrong.

Edited by Beffagorn on May 2, 2019 6:03PM
  • magblade88
    magblade88
    ✭✭
    Ulfgarde wrote: »
    ZOS, how can you let the one class in the game that you need to pay money for also be literally the most useless class in the game? They are the LOWEST PARSING DD in PVE right now, and the upcoming patch notes aren't helping that fact. In PvP, we have the lowest burst damage, the lowest amount of healing, and a lack of a CC AND an execute. We have to run a useless ultimate (sleet storm) to have any relative notion of what might be called "damage". How can you have the GALL of taking away Shalk's CC and giving us a useless 5 second debuff in replacement? It's stamina-side trumps magicka in every way conceivable to the human mind. How could you not look at the numbers and see how they are the lowest tier class when it comes to dueling, solo, or small-scale?

Just look at this video, if any of you even read the forums. I hope this encourages you to do a total skill overhaul in magicka warden's favor.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk-aKDNtqm4

Must be a pve vs pvp balance issue. I only pvp and ran into a mag warden last light that finally took about 10 of us to kill after he beat a number of us down repeatedly. There definitely not usless in pvp.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    Yes.. pleas revert arctic blast back to damage PBAoe

Yeah never understood why they changed that skill to this poorly choice
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of making objectively wrong claims and making wrong assumptions, maybe you all should take a look at what YOU are doing wrong.

Lol, we’re not the ones dying a failed magden burst. Sounds like we’re doing something right.