The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Training Gear

Krash_N_Burn
Krash_N_Burn
Soul Shriven
Former console player starting again on PC EU. How much would it cost to buy a full set of lvl 20 tank training gear from a crafter? Ive asked in game but get nothing but sarcasm lol
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    Let's say it this way: By the time waiting for a crafter to craft it, you could have found a learning set in the chests of the starter areas.
    And leveled far beyond lvl 20.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finding the gear yourself isn't a bad idea, but sometimes there are reasons to want to have crafted sets.

I would suggest joining a decent guild and putting in the request there. It's not uncommon for crafters to be willing to make training gear for guild mates at no cost if you provide the materials yourself. Tips are certainly appreciated, though.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Former console player starting again on PC EU. How much would it cost to buy a full set of lvl 20 tank training gear from a crafter? Ive asked in game but get nothing but sarcasm lol

Go to Khenarthi's Roost and do a few treasure chest farm runs and you'll be swimming in Trainee gear of your level ...
    shades.gif

Red coin icons are possible treasure chest spawn locations, yellow coin icons are possible thieves troves spawn locations (you'll need the DLC for those), yellow map icons are treasure map locations and the blue icons are skyshard locations.

post-2-1554346418.png

Edited by SirAndy on May 3, 2019 4:15PM
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi how about that, give me a notice @advokat666 and I will try to make you a set with the training trait for free if I have the materials for level 20.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the OP-- If you were on PC NA my master crafter could make you a nice set, but it sounds like @Prospero_ESO already has you covered. In possible defense of the people who couldn't give you a straight answer in the game, the price could vary from absolutely free to outrageously high depending on the crafter, although they could have told you and been polite about it, so I won't try to defend their sarcasm.

To the others who suggested farming a Trainee set in a starter area, that's an okay suggestion, except that the Trainee set is a generic Health-Magicka-Stamina set and the OP said "tank training gear." The obvious advantage of having a crafter make you some gear is that he or she can craft pieces from three or more different sets so you get specific types of set bonuses, not to mention your choice of enchantments.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always prefer crafted purple training gear, its only the mats for making it purple that cost a thing, if you provide those I would still make it for free if I have level 20 mats (usually do, except when I recently cleared out my crafting bag for gold)
    PC-EU @lientier
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC NA

Usually if your a guild member, I and most of the crafters I know tend to make gear under CP160 for free. (Still have to provide rare trait mats like Potent Nirn and Jewelry traits mats for research items though)

Some will extend this to new players asking in guild chat, depends how many low level mats they have stockpiled and how nice they are feeling on a particular day/if they have time.

If you want end game stuff you supply the mats and provide all the details via mail and pay a modest tip.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    PC NA

Usually if your a guild member, I and most of the crafters I know tend to make gear under CP160 for free. (Still have to provide rare trait mats like Potent Nirn and Jewelry traits mats for research items though)

Some will extend this to new players asking in guild chat, depends how many low level mats they have stockpiled and how nice they are feeling on a particular day/if they have time. (meant zone chat)

If you want end game stuff you supply the mats and provide all the details via mail and pay a modest tip.

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Find a good guild or several.

I have had great success getting a guildie to make me a set of blue leveling gear at that point.

I would help, but I don't play on the PC at all.
    PC
    PS4/PS5