Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else having issues right now or is it my PS4?

SpiderKnight
SpiderKnight
✭✭✭✭✭
Is my PS4 or hard drive on its last breath or is there a major issue with the game atm? Twice in the past hour the game ended up in an infinite load screen, and then a loading icon popped up earlier while playing. Both times I tried to force close the game and it froze up my ps4 completely and had to force shut it down. I've already rebuilt databases and deleted save data. I was planning on a new ps4 soon anyway, just not as soon as tomorrow... :/
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @SpiderKnight

Are you still getting loading screen issues today?

You can try switching between megaservers to determine whether it's an issue with one server or both if you're still getting stuck loading.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still getting longer loading screens, hasn't frozen and crashed yet, but I also haven't played that much since then.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started again. Signed into a different character, empty town, no lag, get the loading icon upper right, tried porting and I get a black screen with frozen icon, ps4 entirely froze up. Glad I bought a new ps4, because st this point I think it's a failing console or hdd.
  • ValorieW
    ValorieW
    ✭✭✭
    It’s not just you. I’ve had lag, disconnects, and freezes constantly for the last few weeks. Since right before the patch, issues started and have just gotten worse. Been emailing tech support and NO resolution.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New *** console, new *** sshd, still having the same *** issues, getting *** fed up with this ***.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did PS4 get a login queue too?
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    Did PS4 get a login queue too?

Didnt had one last night and i hope we never get one. Never had something like this in over 30 years of gaming, and since i already pay to play online (psn fee), eso+ and base game i would be really pi"§ed if they also introduce a queue for us peasants :wink:

I even had long loading times yesterday when doing my crafting writs in mournhold and entered a building to do the alchemie one, usually there is no load time at all, yesterday at least a minute to enter a building....
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • LeoA91b14_ESO
    LeoA91b14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Game is unplayable atm.
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s not just you. In fact since the second week of the Anniversary event I either dc or freeze during a wayshrine port about once every hour to every hour and a half. Before this started happening I’d maybe dc or have the game freeze about once a month.
    Edited by Meesha1170 on April 17, 2019 6:23AM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like the Anvil Wayshrine that has gone unfixed for 9 months... Vivec Temple has the same problem intermittently too. Zenimax are largely ignoring this bug it seems. Not sure why....
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the Anvil wayshrine freeze, and it seems like this, but I'm getting the actual 34878 error blue screen, freezes up on the error checking every single time. I've uninstalled the game last night, deleted all save data, rebuilt again, I didn't have a blue screen yet today, but I know for sure it will still freeze up when I do, something to do with this game. Been trying to test another game again (Fallout 4 didn't freeze up when this happened on my lasy test) can't get the game to crash though, lol.
  • kevindpierce_ESO
    Same boat here. Vivec City is a really convenient hub, but when my chars are there, logging in is hit or miss with CE-34878-0 on login, after character select, or once in game. Once I moved my dudes to Mournhold, it's better but not fixed. I still crash about once an hour. What I've done so far:

1) Played hours of Borderlands and other various games - no crash
    2) Reloaded ESO
    3) Rebuild DB
    4) Initialized PS4, reloaded my games (this took a weekend)
    5) Reset modem and router many times
    6) Replaced NIC cables.

Still with the CE-34878-0 errors. I know the PS4 Pro is more prone to the error. Please figure out why. I love this damned game & just want to play. I already preordered Elsweyr and I feel like a chump for doing so. This all started for me about 3 weeks ago. Nothing changed on my end.
    Edited by kevindpierce_ESO on April 21, 2019 1:49AM
  • Mystic_warrior71
    I keep getting stuck since last patch. I havd to shut the ps4 off come back later then its lagging and forever to transport, cant do writs, travel or play the game so there gones the event. Please fix sever!
    Edited by Mystic_warrior71 on April 23, 2019 9:41PM
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really sure what Zos did recently, or if Sony made some changes, but I had a glorious blue screen that went through the error checking properly, finally without freezing up my console, the first time in over 3 weeks.
    I'm not going to expect it to be smooth for the next one, these crashes/freezes need to be fixed.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify Zos, I've seen you close other threads and refer them to this one, this is not about long loading screens. The issue is that the 34878 error is freezing up my ps4 when it pops up, only with ESO this happens. Is there any freaking info you people have on this? No, I will not delete save data again, I will not rebuild databases again, already uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I really don't see a reason to wipe my drive again. None of that shite worked. I have no clue why this happens. New PS4 slim now, 2tb sshd Firecuda.
    It started on my old ps4, had the 1tb firecuda in it for over 2 years-no issues, no changes were made to that one except the newest ps4 software update was a day or 2 before this happened, otherwise it just randomly started happening, nobody else reporting this afaik. I bought a new ps4, new drive- happens again. Wiped my old ps4, and that drive, happens still. I have had one single error go through checking without a freeze.
  • kevindpierce_ESO
    Here's what my week looked like:

lx68js5xe4hb.jpg

• kevindpierce_ESO
    xv29z1zve11k.jpg
  • kevindpierce_ESO
    Also got a warning from *** about using 85% of my allotted bandwidth. Turns out wiping and redownloading all your games a couple of times will really eat into that.
  • magismiss
    magismiss
    It's like 2 days I can't log at all, I have messages telling I don't have Ps account, that I don't have internet, I had bluescreen while loadscreen to lig on my char... I could log 2mn earlier, time to get my daily reward then I couldn't run, couldn't click in a chest or anything n was ejected again. It was less than an hour ago. And all my apparels work, internet too, my ps4 works on others games...
  • kevindpierce_ESO
    Trying a new hard drive today.
  • kevindpierce_ESO
    New SSD didn't help. Same error after 20 mins. Trying replacement PS4 Pro tonight. Should know in an hour.
  • kevindpierce_ESO
    Bad PS4 Pro. Will be 3 years old in September.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad PS4 Pro. Will be 3 years old in September.

Your ps4 pro was the issue then?
  • kevindpierce_ESO
    Yep. It apparently was slowly dying. I got a chance to play a bunch of different games, including PSVR stuff last weekend and starting seeing the error in other games. I ended up buying a new one. I intend to get the old one serviced when I recover financially. Anyways, moved my chars back to Vivec City last night, did dailies on all of them, went out to the chat menu while ESO was running (That was an almost guaranteed error in ESO) put it in rest mode and started it ESO again (also a guaranteed error) and I had zero problems.

The new one is real quiet too but I am a little upset at a Sont product not even making it to 3 years. My original PS4 is still humming along at a friend's house. Bulletproof hardware has always been an advantage of going Sony.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, yeah, going to shite in 3 years for what was supposed to be improved hardware is weird. Glad you got it sorted. I'm not seeing as many freeze ups when I blue screen as much as I did before, but I'm not holding out hope that will get any better than it is now. Elsweyr will probably be a laggy, messy release like Summerset was.
    Edited by SpiderKnight on May 4, 2019 7:17PM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They say its fixed.... it isnt. Still cannot login.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no login
    unexpected internal error
  • fearthekimsey
    fearthekimsey
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah same here, yet they say it’s fixed
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    having trouble here with all things related to ps nerwork
    Store wont login, whats new says not loading correctly, etc
  • fearthekimsey
    fearthekimsey
    Soul Shriven
    I’m not having that trouble it’s only on ESO NA server that I’m having issues
This discussion has been closed.