Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Loot crates email?

Tyralbin
Tyralbin
✭✭✭✭
Could someone from ZOS please confirm that the email I received yesterday from loot boxes US is legit and not a phishing email?

Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyralbin wrote: »
    Could someone from ZOS please confirm that the email I received yesterday from loot boxes US is legit and not a phishing email?

It's legit. They've been hyping loot crate on thier live streams as well as having thier stream team members pushing loot crate.

Me and all 250 members of my guild received the email, as well as other friends who play ESO.

Edit: I'm obviously not Zos, but if it's a phishing email, it seems to have gotten to the entire playerbase and the entire game has been compromised if that's the case.
    And that's unlikely
    Edited by Kel on May 4, 2019 8:42AM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got one too. It went in the bin. I don't do loot crate anything. Real ones or digital. I'm not that stupid.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    I got one too. It went in the bin. I don't do loot crate anything. Real ones or digital. I'm not that stupid.

Me neither but was just thinking of others in case it was phishing.
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont understand what is this...even I got 1 but I dont rly care...also from the looks of it...its there a way to know whats inside? cuz right now it feels like IRL loot boxes...which falls in the gambling category >:3
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    And since the loot crates are bought from USA they're going to get stuck in customs all over the world and have extra fees added to them. Basically doubling the cost for most ESO players, if any one will even buy them. No thank you.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea. A real world merch crate every quarter. You have to input your shirt size so it Is likely that would be in some. Plush no doubt. $50+ is a bit pricey for me but if you have the money to drop it could be fun.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand what is this...even I got 1 but I dont rly care...also from the looks of it...its there a way to know whats inside? cuz right now it feels like IRL loot boxes...which falls in the gambling category >:3

It's random, but every crate has a pool from which they choose what will be in the crate.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

It's random, but every crate has a pool from which they choose what will be in the crate.

so its gambling... thx now I can tag them to go die in the spam section.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just as gambling as it is looting a boss after you killed it.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not unless you have to pay to loot the boss. Dear lord, what did you do? Coming soon to the crown store - boss loot tokens!
  • snarkomatic
    snarkomatic
    ✭✭✭✭

You pay per boss fight?
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You pay per boss fight?

With my time, yes.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IRL loot boxes are different than digital rng ones. Your aren't going to buy box after box trying to score a collectable from a list of possible items. You subscribe to a service and boxes are delivered periodically, in this case once every three months.

Think of them as a cross between blind grab bags you might see at a comic book/hobby store, where they bundle stuff that didn't sell well for a bargin to clear inventory, and a restaurant sample platter.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You pay per boss fight?

With my time, yes.

:neutral: cant fix that
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Marked as phishing scam and deleted the mail
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not exactly random, you just don't know what items you will get each month but everyone gets the same stuff afaik. There is always a t-shirt in each box too. So it really has nothing to do with loot crates in games, these ones just got the game cause they got loot in them, stuff for gamers and geeks. They have some fun stuff, I got one loot crate in discount for 12€ and there was a Frodo figurine from wetaworkshop and a t-shirt with Thanos, a parchment map from legend of zelda and some other small items I can't remember now lol so was well worth it.
    Now this new TES themed crates might be cool but are too expensive for me.
    Edited by LiraTaurwen on May 4, 2019 2:12PM
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not exactly random, you just don't know what items you will get each month but everyone gets the same stuff afaik. There is always a t-shirt in each box too. So it really has nothing to do with loot crates in games, these ones just got the game cause they got loot in them, stuff for gamers and geeks. They have some fun stuff, I got one loot crate in discount for 12€ and there was a Frodo figurine from wetaworkshop and a t-shirt with Thanos, a parchment map from legend of zelda and some other small items I can't remember now lol so was well worth it.
    Now this new TES themed crates might be cool but are too expensive for me.

Ah, thank you, it seems I was misinformed.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real life loot crate: Does that mean there’s a chance of it having five (5) stuffed plushie nix hound pets and nothing else inside ... ?
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes. It is legit. That disgustingly opportunistic predatorial practice is something they are going to double down on with real world merchandise now.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »

Yes. It is legit. That disgustingly opportunistic predatorial practice is something they are going to double down on with real world merchandise now.

The company operating this has been doing it for years. They've done it for Skyrim before and NUMEROUS other games, movies, and genres before. Loot Crate has been around longer than ESO.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The company operating this has been doing it for years. They've done it for Skyrim before and NUMEROUS other games, movies, and genres before. Loot Crate has been around longer than ESO.

THIS THIS THIS

now, the thing that worries me is that Lootcrate has been going downhill in quality in the last few years. I originally preordered ES crate on a basis of my prior personal experience, but that experience was apparently before people started to express dissatisfaction, so I'm honestly hoping they will shape up with ES boxes and go back to curating awesome stuff.

I guess we shall see in a month.

but yeah, its not gambling. its grab bag type of thing, though its not things that didn't sell that they are trying to get rid of - its things specifically created for Lootcrate, so other then buying them on ebay afterwards from people who ordered a crate and are reselling individual items from it? there is no other way to get those collectibles.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real life loot crate: Does that mean there’s a chance of it having five (5) stuffed plushie nix hound pets and nothing else inside ... ?

NO.

I understand that you are joking but NO.

sigh.

everyone gets exactly the same crate contents. the only difference being the size of the t-shirt or a hoodie, or whatever clothing item they include (this is why they ask for your preferred size when you sign up)

its set collection of items. with a set value.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IRL loot crates would be a good way to get rid of merch that doesn't sell, hmmmm. :o

• srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And...?
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol what the hell is wrong with some of you? Loot Crate is just a fun name they picked, this is just a subscription box like candy boxes, japanese snacks, anime toys boxes etc etc. Each month there is a theme and then there are surprise items, revealed only when people get the box, but you always get cool stuff, and everyone get the same items. There is always a t-shirt too afaik.

This has nothing to do with cash shop crates lol
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm... A subscription service that delivers stuff I don't know if I need or want... Seriously, am I the only one to think there is something conceptually very wrong with this?
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Hm... A subscription service that delivers stuff I don't know if I need or want... Seriously, am I the only one to think there is something conceptually very wrong with this?

No you're not, but according to ESO fans it's a fun way to spend your money. smh
  • YaYaPineapple
    YaYaPineapple
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you truly unaware of the real-world billion-dollar industry that is subscription and sample boxes or are you being intentionally obtuse?

I mean, this has been going on for nearly 20 years and all sorts of companies offer them... craft beer, cosmetics, dog treats, novelty socks, flower seeds, and snacks... just to name a few.

There are tons of products on the market that you may not need or want. No one is forcing you to purchase those products.
    Edited by YaYaPineapple on May 4, 2019 10:01PM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you truly unaware of the real-world billion-dollar industry that is subscription and sample boxes or are you being intentionally obtuse?

I mean, this has been going on for nearly 20 years and all sorts of companies offer them... craft beer, cosmetics, dog treats, novelty socks, flower seeds, and snacks... just to name a few.

There are tons of products on the market that you may not need or want. No one is forcing you to purchase those products.

I was truly unaware of it until I heard of it in connection with ESO. Full disclosure, I have big issues with our consumer society. These creates seem to me like the epitome of senseless consumption.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was truly unaware of it until I heard of it in connection with ESO. Full disclosure, I have big issues with our consumer society. These creates seem to me like the epitome of senseless consumption.

you are NOT a target audience. target audience is people who enjoy collectibles.

not every subscription box is for every person, that's why there are so many different types. the fact that someone else is curating things for you is part of the selling point and if you would rather pick out your own stuff all the time, that is 100% cool and you are just NOT a target audience.

but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with subscription boxes on conceptial level.. of which loot crate is one.

fun fact. i'm pretty sure that people started calling ESO crates - loot crates in part BECAUSE loot crate company exists and is strongly associated with gaming fandoms

ZoS is pushing loot crate right now, becasue ESO is an Elder scrolls game. however, crate in question is NOT an ESO crate. its ELDER SCROLLS crate. (that means single player games as well, and not just ESO)
    dirty worthless casual.