The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"helped kill"

notyuu
notyuu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I am tired of having dealt a majority of the damage to a target [90+%] only for somebody else to get the last hit and I get the notice "you helped kill" instead of "you killed"

so how about things get changed so that if you do most of the damage to a target you et the kill when they die.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    I am tired of having dealt a majority of the damage to a target [90+%] only for somebody else to get the last hit and I get the notice "you helped kill" instead of "you killed"

so how about things get changed so that if you do most of the damage to a target you et the kill when they die.

I totally agree, I think at the very least both players should be credited with a kill if one got the killing blow and the other did most of the damage. this "assist" system is really gimpy in how it works, also the whole BG score system is borked and awards little credit to healers who dont really kill many people but contribute hugely to the survival of their group with shields buffs and heals.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »

I totally agree, I think at the very least both players should be credited with a kill if one got the killing blow and the other did most of the damage. this "assist" system is really gimpy in how it works, also the whole BG score system is borked and awards little credit to healers who dont really kill many people but contribute hugely to the survival of their group with shields buffs and heals.

Agreed, this has irked me for a while. It’s ridiculous I’m getting double my pure healing scores by mindlessly spamming aoes and kill stealing with my execute.

I can see why they don’t want to make the system pure damage because aoe spamming would be even better, but the scoring system right now sucks.

It benefits NBs and Sorcs, and punishes DKs and healers. The same people who get high scores in a good group do horribly if you put them all together without the DKs and healers. Score =/ contribution.

A group of DKs and healers will wreck a group of NBs and Sorcs every time. Maybe add a damage taken stat? As the healer I’m focused a lot so I think it would better show contribution.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 27, 2019 1:56PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    healing is an integral part of the game. On your individual score card you get as many points for an assist as you do for a deathblow. But don’t think for a second that you deserve credit for “almost” killing someone.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mmmhmm so if my teammate took off the last 1 HP from the enemy I took off every other point of hp from, as I was about to land the killing blow I did nothing to help. makes sense!
    Edited by dazee on April 27, 2019 2:03PM
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

do you mean battlegrounds? its a team based game mode. it doesnt matter who killed your target. people often start behave themselves like brainless chickens because of beautiful numbers in a stats table.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

do you mean battlegrounds? its a team based game mode. it doesnt matter who killed your target. people often start behave themselves like brainless chickens because of beautiful numbers in a stats table.
    It matters when the kill stealer is part of the third wheel team. Working hard for a kill on a solid player, just to hear a Spin-to-Win go off during their 4th dodge roll in a row, followed by an, "Enemy Team Stole the Kill" message, is pretty annoying.

Also, I think it'd be good if healers could get assists via healing, rather than only through damage. In a lot of the tougher games, I can actually end up with a fairly low assist count just because I spend a lot more time and resources spamming heals, and am not as able to squeeze in the damage necessary for kills and assists.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine an all magsorc team, each one stealing kills from the other. :D
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even look at those notifications. If I brought someone from 100% to 30% and he died, then I consider it to be my kill. I don't care what "the system" thinks is correct.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    It matters when the kill stealer is part of the third wheel team. Working hard for a kill on a solid player, just to hear a Spin-to-Win go off during their 4th dodge roll in a row, followed by an, "Enemy Team Stole the Kill" message, is pretty annoying..
    kill him faster. its a part of team work too.
    Also, I think it'd be good if healers could get assists via healing, rather than only through damage. In a lot of the tougher games, I can actually end up with a fairly low assist count just because I spend a lot more time and resources spamming heals, and am not as able to squeeze in the damage necessary for kills and assists.
    what for? you cant change medal points for something useful.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there should be an Assist Counts as Kill similar to Battlefield 4 and on where if you do 75% or more damage to a enemy its counts it as a kill for both players and is worth the same points
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    As a sorc I actually do better on the score board when i build tankier, keep up blockade and heal more.

I am alive longer with more up time in the BG contributing to assists and medic points.

I do agree it needs a rework though especially to reward healers better.

Working out how a team should be awarded a kill if it isnt the killing blow is a lot more complicated then it sounds though...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Imagine an all magsorc team, each one stealing kills from the other. :D

I’ve seen all sorc teams, they get wrecked, same with NBs. I don’t think I’ve seen a full team of the other classes.

I had a BG a couple days ago. Great team, very strong with me (NB healer), Warden (mag dps/healer) and two DKs I think it was.

Anyways, we dominated. We crushed the other teams but lost. What happened was one of the other teams was able to kill steal a ton of kills from my group. I think I had the most PKs with 6, but everyone was an excellent player.

When I kill steal from another team I feel like I’m contributing. I’m not sure what to think when it’s against my own team’s targets. I guess I’m preventing a steal.

I feel bad for the two DKs, like I said they were great but their scores weren’t good.

What do you think about a damage taken stat? That would help healers and melee brawler types. Some people can’t take a scratch without starting to kite, and in the grand scheme of things front line melee contribute way more then their score.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 29, 2019 1:10AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Haojin
    Haojin
    ✭✭✭
    play a magsorc if you looking for killing blows.
    Guildmaster of Phalanx

PC-EU Vivec/Sotha Sil
    Hao Jin [Stamden]
    Haojun [Stamdk]
    Haojin [Stamsorc]
    Hao'jin [Stamplar]
    Food Fetish [Stamblade]

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haojin wrote: »

I guess that’s what I’m saying. Scores should reflect people’s contribution. Player kills is moreso who has an execute then who got someone to the point of execution.

For example, pit 4 Sorcs against 4 Wardens and I think with even skill the Wardens would roflstomp the sorcs. Any more sorcs then two and I think your team is weaker for it.

It’s something that would be really tricky to quantify with scores. While on one side I think scores should be looked at, on the other I feel sorry for any dev assigned to it.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

it's less that and more I'm tired of people yelling at me in BGs for "not getting any kills" which is due to the fact that despite me doing a vast majority of the damage to an enemy player [90%+ in most cases] I don't get the killing blow and thus am only credited with an asstist.
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭

It matters when the kill stealer is part of the third wheel team. Working hard for a kill on a solid player, just to hear a Spin-to-Win go off during their 4th dodge roll in a row, followed by an, "Enemy Team Stole the Kill" message, is pretty annoying.

If there is a 3rd team that is stealing kills then simply focus that team instead..or what I like to do..focus that particular player that is stealing kills..if he is under pressure and has to heal then he won't be able to steal anything...it's simple really..BGs are not only about who got the best players in his team..it's also about strategy - who and when to attack.
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭
    Yall just salty you can't land the kb. sad.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yall just salty you can't land the kb. sad.

Please see

it's less that and more I'm tired of people yelling at me in BGs for "not getting any kills" which is due to the fact that despite me doing a vast majority of the damage to an enemy player [90%+ in most cases] I don't get the killing blow and thus am only credited with an asstist.

• ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Be a healer lol you get no credit at all.
    On halo reach you would get the yoink medal for it.
    https://halo.fandom.com/wiki/Yoink_medal

On Halo 5 they encouraged teamwork by turning it into team takedown
    http://halotracker.com/h5/db/medals

More of a positive teambuilding response, since its usually a huge clusterbang anyways it should be changed to Team Takedown instead
    Edited by ThanatosXR on May 2, 2019 7:23AM
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    I play a healer as well, but I am set up to do a lot of damage at range. I would love to see more rewards for healing. My points are often mid to low even when I have by far the most healing done in the entire match (all teams). Or when I play defense in capture the relic and prevent every 1 and sometimes 2 man attempt to cap our relic and receive a really low score even though I contributed a lot.

Don't mean to hijack the thread... With my magplar execute I tend to get my kills when not overwhelmed by both teams, which forces me into defense and healing up my teammates.
  • bantad87
    bantad87
    ✭✭✭
    Just turn off points. Scale the rewards based on how well your team did, and make premades queue vs premades. GG.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thats the same thing that overwatch and call of duty did. giving kill count just for having dealt some dmg. its to please bad players. if u have problems with finish off ur enemys use a finishing skill if u dont deal with people that do so... who are giving up a skill slot to be able to finish of their opponents.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a healer as well, but I am set up to do a lot of damage at range. I would love to see more rewards for healing. My points are often mid to low even when I have by far the most healing done in the entire match (all teams). Or when I play defense in capture the relic and prevent every 1 and sometimes 2 man attempt to cap our relic and receive a really low score even though I contributed a lot.

Don't mean to hijack the thread... With my magplar execute I tend to get my kills when not overwhelmed by both teams, which forces me into defense and healing up my teammates.

this is just not true i can show u a screenshot of mine where i have 50 kills yet my pockethealer friend had more points than me eventho we were allways together.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmhmm so if my teammate took off the last 1 HP from the enemy I took off every other point of hp from, as I was about to land the killing blow I did nothing to help. makes sense!

exactly..... becouse when im left with 1 hp i can regenrate back to full hp in no time so ur effort was for nothing. u still get an assist and an assist is what u deserve...... if someone killsteals like 10 ppl it just shows great situational awareness. if u wanna be awarded for smthing else than kills dont play DEATHmatch.
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

this is just not true i can show u a screenshot of mine where i have 50 kills yet my pockethealer friend had more points than me eventho we were allways together.

What match are you playing though? There is no way healers get more points for healing. He was probably just scoring objective points.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What match are you playing though? There is no way healers get more points for healing. He was probably just scoring objective points.

he wasnt we were together all the time it was the flag conquering mode. we were never seperated more than 10 meters.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Once you break 20k dps you can claim any kill you assist.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    healing is an integral part of the game. On your individual score card you get as many points for an assist as you do for a deathblow. But don’t think for a second that you deserve credit for “almost” killing someone.

Very incorrect. A kill has the potential to provide much more of a score than an assist.

2 kills in a row, 3 kills in a row, 4 kills in a row all provide additional medals as I know
    you are aware.

Critical heals also provide the same score as kills and assists but ultimately fall flat in comparison to the other two.

By the way, the player who steals kills by sitting back spamming their execute doesn't "earn" kills any more than the player who mindlessly spams AoEs to rack up assists.
    Edited by brandonv516 on May 3, 2019 2:46PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Of course you were low points, 50 kills in anything other then a death match is not playing the objectives. That’s like bragging you held the center flag really well in a death match, then wondering why you got low points standing by yourself waiting for someone to fight.

Healer points are most definitely lower then dps points. I don’t think I’ve broken 3k points as a full healer, by doing damage too I’ve broken 5k.

Best thing to do for healing points is aoe spam plus kill steal. Btw, killing blows has nothing to do with skill. I’ve had more killing blows in some games then MagDKs I was grouped with who were really good. Not all classes have an execute. When I get a lot it’s usually just lucky last dot ticks.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 3, 2019 9:42PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭

he wasnt we were together all the time it was the flag conquering mode. we were never seperated more than 10 meters.

Not sure what to say, I only score high when I am able to get objectives. I get a medal or two for healing but they dont add much to my score.