The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Deadly Strike with 7th Legion vs Spriggan - StamDK dilemma

Davadin
Davadin
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, here's my dilemma...

I have these 3 sets fully available, axes, daggers, armors, impens, golden..... (except Sprig/Deadly rings, those are purple)

And I'm having a hard time picking the best combination for my DW/2H stamDk....... IMHO, these 3 works fine, and I really like Deadly Strikes as I'm a DoT build DK wearing Valkyn Skoria...

What do you guys think/prefer?
1. Deadly Strike med armor - 7th Leg jewel/weps.
2. Deadly Strike med armor - Spriggan jewel/weps. (essentially same as Sprig med armor + DS jewel/weps)
3. 7th Leg heavy armor -Deadly Strike jewel/weps.

Now, I also have Troll King monster set, and using option #3 with Troll King is my tankish build. less damage but pop a Vigor and u'll laugh in middle of Alessia Bridge zerg....

As for pro and cons,
#1 has a good balance of DoT and survivability. #2 has highest DPS and I feel a bit squishy. #3 seems very meta, but I'm not enjoying having to proc 7th leg a few times before I can max my wep damage...... I need more burst!

Thoughts??
August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadly strike + Ravager ...
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    Deadly strike + Ravager ...

goddamnit that a lot more temper alloys....... i already have the set too and was running with it last year.

is it really better than 7th or Spriggan for a stamDK?
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP?

My friend theorycrafted with Deadly Strikes and turns out, even Hundings Rage outperforms it. Only tooltip Deadly Strike was better at was a little bit of bleed.

Myself, I sold my gold Deadly ring for 120k and weapons for 40k a pop made huge profit.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna piggy back this thread.

No cp cyrodiil.

SnB/2h

7th/battlefield acrobat/bloodspawn. All inpen tristate.

Tried fury. I tend to die before I can make the most of it.

I do alright. But there's always room for improvement.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run Viper/Maelstrom Two hander/Sloads...

Because i'm lame ;o)

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP?

My friend theorycrafted with Deadly Strikes and turns out, even Hundings Rage outperforms it. Only tooltip Deadly Strike was better at was a little bit of bleed.

Myself, I sold my gold Deadly ring for 120k and weapons for 40k a pop made huge profit.

i had Hunding. that is not a DoT set. if u build for DoT, Deadly Strike is much better.

if u build for burst or sustain, Hunding is really solid, yes. But I'd take Spriggan over it.

Yes, this is PvP.

I think i'm sticking with DS + Spriggan for highest DPS. yes, i died a bit more often, but i can usually take one or two with me.
    Xsorus wrote: »

Because i'm lame ;o)

LAAAAMMMEEEEEEE..............

lol nah i wish i have a set of Viper to run with Deadly Strike. That'll be neat. I have Master 2H and it's nice to hit Carve with it.
    Zacuel wrote: »

No cp cyrodiil.

SnB/2h

that's a solid build. in CP PvP tho u can survive a bit longer and probably can make use of Fury, but 7th is easier to proc by far. Blood spawn is great, but i love looking at my killer running away from my dead body just to be hit by a meteor and died.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm just realized since I'm using Master 2H, whatever set on jewel/armor won't be applied when I switch it.

So probably Sprig armor so pen is continuous, but which is better? 15% more DoT at all times, or 400+ wep damage and heal when I get hit?

Or just go with Deadly armor + 7th, forget Sprig and just pad the penetration CP... lol
  • xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭
    Armor penetration doesn’t affect damage like deadly strike does. Aka bleeds don’t get a boost from armor pen and I don’t think poisons do either. Does help with hurricane or jabs though but I think you’ll do better off with weapon power or even max stam that way your heals are boosted too.
    I'm a magsorc
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davidon you’re stacking wep pen in a bleed build lol
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armor penetration doesn’t affect damage like deadly strike does. Aka bleeds don’t get a boost from armor pen and I don’t think poisons do either. Does help with hurricane or jabs though but I think you’ll do better off with weapon power or even max stam that way your heals are boosted too.

Pen is applied to poison damage.

If you are running any bleeds, I would say not to use spriggans. It diminishes the usefulness of the 5pc
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, on a stam dk you should really stack max weapon dmg as it’s the only class with minor brutality (so add another 10%).
    Edit: tested with calculator, deadly is not worth imo since it gives 500ish more damage on dots (total,not per tick) than a 7th proc, but 7th will buff your heals,ultimates and executioner too
    Edited by Ocelot9x on April 29, 2019 10:44PM
  • Mohegan_Sneak
    I run on my sDK in no cp-

Bonepirate/cyrodils Ward/blood spawn DW/2H Nord

Bonepirate might be a little bit overkill on the sustain, but to learn my build properly and was scared of having sustain issues I slotted it and just haven’t dropped it. Once the patch hits I will be looking to probably roll heavy 7th on the body when wings no longer reflect.

Cyrodils Ward is a sleeper that I don’t think people know how good it really is. The major defile uptime seems to always be up on cooldown. With venomous claw, rending slashes, carve(for the minor heriosim) ticking + the defile. I can really
    Keep the pressure up on someone.

Bloodspawn in my opinion is one of the best monster sets for a DK, running that + nord ultimate generation passive + carve makes it to where you almost always have a ultimate when you need it. And you get so much sustain from using ultimates as a DK. I think I’m at around 27k resist on a medium armor build in No CP with bloodspawn procced. It’s really worth trying out.

You might not like these kinds of set ups but hopefully it could help you or anyone else looking for sDK with a little bit tankier set up and still keep the pressure up.

If anything try swapping deadly out for cyrodils Ward, you don’t need penetration with bleeds. Pretty sure they ignore most of if not all resistances. So you aren’t going to gain much by that. The major defile uptime could help a lot maybe.
    Edited by Mohegan_Sneak on April 30, 2019 12:29AM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    Also, on a stam dk you should really stack max weapon dmg as it’s the only class with minor brutality (so add another 10%).
    Edit: tested with calculator, deadly is not worth imo since it gives 500ish more damage on dots (total,not per tick) than a 7th proc, but 7th will buff your heals,ultimates and executioner too

how does 7th buff my ulti and exec?

so 7th and Spriggan on heavy build still had most damage? I'm a med DoT build so may need to change my playstyle...
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Davidon you’re stacking wep pen in a bleed build lol

so no Spriggan? i mean, i use nox breath and claw too...... and DH ulti....
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    PVP?

i had Hunding. that is not a DoT set. if u build for DoT, Deadly Strike is much better.

if u build for burst or sustain, Hunding is really solid, yes. But I'd take Spriggan over it.

Yes, this is PvP.

I think i'm sticking with DS + Spriggan for highest DPS. yes, i died a bit more often, but i can usually take one or two with me.

Because i'm lame ;o)

lol nah i wish i have a set of Viper to run with Deadly Strike. That'll be neat. I have Master 2H and it's nice to hit Carve with it.

No cp cyrodiil.

SnB/2h

that's a solid build. in CP PvP tho u can survive a bit longer and probably can make use of Fury, but 7th is easier to proc by far. Blood spawn is great, but i love looking at my killer running away from my dead body just to be hit by a meteor and died.

No I mean Hundings outperformed Deadlys tooltip of the DOTs of Venomous, Noxious and Poison Injection. Only bleed from Rending was better with Deadly Strikes. 300 weapon damage > 12% dot increase. And weapon damage will also boost your heals. I can check again but thats how I remember the theorycrafting showed me.

You dont want to use Spriggans if you use:
    Corrosive Armor as your ulti
    2H ultimate as your ulti
    Bleed or Oblivion builds (Rending, Carve, WW)

Because they all bypass resistances so Spriggans 5th piece will be for naught.

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP?

Yes, this is PvP.

Because i'm lame ;o)

No cp cyrodiil.

SnB/2h

No I mean Hundings outperformed Deadlys tooltip of the DOTs of Venomous, Noxious and Poison Injection. Only bleed from Rending was better with Deadly Strikes. 300 weapon damage > 12% dot increase. And weapon damage will also boost your heals. I can check again but thats how I remember the theorycrafting showed me.

2H ultimate as your ulti

understood. looks like i'm sticking to Deadly + 7th jewel/weapons for my DoT build.

god knows what'll happen next month tho.........
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP?

PVP?

Yes, this is PvP.

Because i'm lame ;o)

No cp cyrodiil.

SnB/2h

2H ultimate as your ulti

300wd from Hundings giving more tooltip damage on dots than Deadly Strike is absolutely incorrect. Whatever you did, it was wrong.
    Edited by ecru on May 3, 2019 8:28AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    PVP?

PVP?

Yes, this is PvP.

Because i'm lame ;o)

No cp cyrodiil.

SnB/2h

2H ultimate as your ulti

300wd from Hundings giving more tooltip damage on dots than Deadly Strike is absolutely incorrect. Whatever you did, it was wrong.

I tried therycrafting again with Nirnhoned DW axes and: Bone Pirate + Hundings OR Deadly, with Continuous Attack, Major and Minor Brutality:

With Hundings:
    Noxious Breath dot: 13 000
    Venomous Claw: 17 100
    Blood Craze: 16 300

With Deadly Strikes:
    Nxious Breath: 14 000
    Venomous Claw: 18 500
    Blood Craze: 17 700

So I was very wrong. I don't know what went wrong last time, but the biggest difference is with bleed damage which goes past resistances. With the others the difference is not so significant. However I didn't even remember Deadly Strikes also grants 260 weapon damage, which isn't far away from Hundings 5th piece so you don't lose out that much on healing..

I think I'm going to try Deadly Strikes with my sDK after all!
  • MannKurt
    MannKurt
    ✭✭
    Deadly strike is must have rn for medium stam dk. It buffs 2 bleeds from weapon passives, 2h and dw bleed skills, claw, breath, dawnbreakers passive portion of damage, poisons applied on you weapons and even any proc set with dot damage (viper, sheer venom).
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried a few combination last night, each 3 or so matches of Deathmatch BG. also killed a few world bosses while waiting for queue.

Deadly Strike med, Skoria and 7th Leg jewel/wep seems to give me the best balance of survavibility, putting pressure, and burst. BUT THIS IS JUST MY PLAYSTYLE. not saying its best for everyone or anything.

DW/2H with Master great axe.

Armor + jewel/wep =
    7th+Sprig = less burst, less pressure, barely more tanky.
    Sprig+7th = more burst, less pressure
    Sprig+Deadly = more burst, less pressure. my Carve/Nox now unbuffed by Deadly because i got Master Axe on my backbar. I think if i switch to deadly 2H maul would be better BUT Carve is getting a huge buff comes Elsewyr, so im sticking with the Master for now.
    Deadly+Sprig = similar burst, similar pressure. but felt a lot less tankier.

so i'm retiring my Sprig, putting 7th for extra wep damage proc and heals.

i think comes Elsewyr i'd have to move all Ardent to my 2H bar. spamming carve and nox...
    MannKurt wrote: »
    Deadly strike is must have rn for medium stam dk. It buffs 2 bleeds from weapon passives, 2h and dw bleed skills, claw, breath, dawnbreakers passive portion of damage, poisons applied on you weapons and even any proc set with dot damage (viper, sheer venom).

hold up. poisons applied also got buffed by Deadly?

Damn. better craft more pots.
  • MannKurt
    MannKurt
    ✭✭
    Try 5 medium- bloodspawn, deadly and veiled heritance (chest, legs, 1 jewelry and 2h backbar) with master dw. With all your dots once you go backbar for rebuff or carve/execute you get 400 weapon damage from veiled heritance which is boosted up to 500+ by major and minor brutality and weapon damage enchant proc (348 if nirnhoned > 450 buffed with brutality buffs). I'm not sure if weapon damage affects your dots dinamicly but this is the best I could do with my main stamdk character. Wtb english teacher :tired_face:
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try 5 medium- bloodspawn, deadly and veiled heritance (chest, legs, 1 jewelry and 2h backbar) with master dw. With all your dots once you go backbar for rebuff or carve/execute you get 400 weapon damage from veiled heritance which is boosted up to 500+ by major and minor brutality and weapon damage enchant proc (348 if nirnhoned > 450 buffed with brutality buffs). I'm not sure if weapon damage affects your dots dinamicly but this is the best I could do with my main stamdk character. Wtb english teacher :tired_face:

aaaah i dont have Master DW, and people dont run vDSA anymore? lol... that said, Rending is getting nerfed in Elsewyr, and Carve getting buffed, soo........

BUT I will check out Veiled Heritance. I'm not letting go my Master 2H tho haha. so Veiled will be the DW.

Honestly, i think 7th Legion is a step up, because not only it gives the same 10% chance but more wep damage, it also heals... every 2 second compared Veiled's 5 sec....

Last night in BG 7th procs easily, so when i switch to Carve, i got the buff and deadly strike's is on all the time.

Bloodspawn is never a bad idea, but Valkyn can kill people even after you die lol.... I drink dubious camoran all the time, so sustain isn't a big big issue....
  • MannKurt
    MannKurt
    ✭✭
    7th is not bad (btw that heal proc is halved by battle spirit). Veiled has better uptime when backbarred compared with 7th. And it gives sweet 3k physical resist.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7th is not bad (btw that heal proc is halved by battle spirit). Veiled has better uptime when backbarred compared with 7th. And it gives sweet 3k physical resist.

mmmmmm good point. but why better uptime? it's the same chance. and less wep damage?
  • MannKurt
    MannKurt
    ✭✭

mmmmmm good point. but why better uptime? it's the same chance. and less wep damage?

You need to take damage to gain 7th proc. Sometimes fast weapon swap for rebuff or carve refresh is not enough. But with all frontbar dots applied VH is always up. The main reason for me to swap 7th was that physical resist boost.
    Edited by MannKurt on May 3, 2019 8:33PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to take damage to gain 7th proc. Sometimes fast weapon swap for rebuff or carve refresh is not enough. But with all frontbar dots applied VH is always up. The main reason for me to swap 7th was that physical resist boost.

ah but I'm not using Master dw, I'm using master great Axe. so I'm mostly on the front bar where is a pair of 7th axes.

but makes sense though.