The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WE NEED CLARITY ON MMR

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
we gotta know how these matches are put together people like me and others get the feeling of unfair matchmaking. just show us the numbers like in overwatch. be transparent about it
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    This!
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guessing you mean BGs?

But yeah matchmaking is dreadful.
  • Haojin
    Haojin
    ✭✭✭
    yeah... also, negative mmr for more diversity.
    Guildmaster of Phalanx

PC-EU Vivec/Sotha Sil
    Hao Jin [Stamden]
    Haojun [Stamdk]
    Haojin [Stamsorc]
    Hao'jin [Stamplar]
    Food Fetish [Stamblade]

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the system is a lot more flexible then people make it out to be. I have no idea how many BGs I’ve done, maybe a thousand?

I don’t have long queues times because I don’t premade. I think the people with 15 minutes plus are premade queuers, but I’m not sure because I haven’t experienced it. I’m usually 5-10 minutes.

Sometimes I’ll get people at the highest MMR and sometimes people under CP160. It’s weird. Some clarity would be awesome.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 29, 2019 1:31PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’ve tweaked the MMR quite a bit since the days of 30+ minute solo queues.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like when there are not many players online i sometimes see matchups with each of the 3 teams having one amazing player while the rest gets carried. thing is sometimes u get the feeling.... "hey thats not fair this dude have that healer and this guy while i dont" if we would have numbers it would be less of a pain when u see that the matchmaking made kinda fair teams.

u just gotta know what ur dealing with. like "ok i have 2 low teammates i gotta step back and defend those and not rush in the battle expecting they would follow"

idk how much sense that makes for others but i rly like to have some sort of indicator. the system dont need to be as accurate as in overwatch.
    Edited by Noctus on April 29, 2019 7:08PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’ve tweaked it. It used to be pretty easy to predict.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When is player vs player ever supposed to be fair?
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would honestly add another level of toxicity to bgs if you really think about it.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would honestly add another level of toxicity to bgs if you really think about it.

I might yea. It would also add something too, people would be able to compete and try to get their MMR as high as possible.

It’s like poker. Playing poker for fun gets boring fast, play it for a nominal amount to track your results and it’s a lot more fun.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know that the MMR is anything more than "oh, these characters would look cute together?"
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queues on my templar are ridiculous sometimes. However, i think mmr is about character lifetime score and then they create teams with similar sum lifetime scores. That's why u get 1 good player and 3 bad vs 2 decent and 2 awful.

Ive also played against teams of 4 great players with 3 god awful players and im thinking to myself, let's turn the game off and do something else.

How the greek does it actually work? I doubt zos even knows. I mean, look at the way the teams get generated, hiting accept 30 times before entering. It's just poorly done in general.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I think the system is a lot more flexible then people make it out to be. I have no idea how many BGs I’ve done, maybe a thousand?

I don’t have long queues times because I don’t premade. I think the people with 15 minutes plus are premade queuers, but I’m not sure because I haven’t experienced it. I’m usually 5-10 minutes.

Sometimes I’ll get people at the highest MMR and sometimes people under CP160. It’s weird. Some clarity would be awesome.

How do you know they are the highest MMR? Do you actually know, or are you just making the assumption they are?
    Edited by Donny_Vito on April 30, 2019 2:58PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »

How do you know they are the highest MMR? Do you actually know, or are you just making the assumption they are?

Assuming they are, it’s hard to tell. Thoguard mentioned he is and I remember seeing him and the Dottz guy together on an opposite team. Think they were on DKs.

I usually play in the morning in the EST time zone, anyone know a name I can look for to tell?

One thing I’ve noticed is during prime time there’s a tighter range in skill level. When not a lot different of people are on you get wildly different skill levels for team mates.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 1, 2019 12:11AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Assuming they are, it’s hard to tell. Thoguard mentioned he is and I remember seeing him and the Dottz guy together on an opposite team. Think they were on DKs.

I usually play in the morning in the EST time zone, anyone know a name I can look for to tell?

One thing I’ve noticed is during prime time there’s a tighter range in skill level. When not a lot different of people are on you get wildly different skill levels for team mates.
    My Stam DK isn’t high MMR.

PC NA high MMR toons would be characters like Fiji, thorinoakenblunts, thogaine, lucian’s Stam sorc, Phoenix grey, mystikkal, vandstyle’s stamplar, leena’s magden, residentcp’s magplar, crom’s Stam sorc, mograine iron fist, YKCids mag sorc, Betty broomstick, dahlia’s Stam DK, etc
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By Leena do you mean LeenaPeena Warden (or something like that) and YK’Cid Sorc (or something like that) are the only names I see a lot.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 1, 2019 11:42AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my main I have 15+ minute ques minimum solo. In a group, which I rarely even try, I’m lucky to get 2 games in an hour. It’s ridiculous. Also on XboxNA you can somewhat tell the high MMR based off the BG wins tracked in achievements. There’s more that goes in to this but it’s a decent loose gauge of MMR standing.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The point I'm trying to make is.... how does anyone actually know they are high MMR? You said Thoguard mentioned he was high MMR, but what stats is he looking at to tell? It seems like it's all a big assumption and no one ACTUALLY knows for sure what their MMR is. Which is why I agree with the OP: give us a stat we can visually see so we don't have to make assumptions.
  • hunter937
    hunter937
    ✭✭
    I’d love a visible MMR score. I think that would be very very cool. That’s something someone at endgame can be proud of, take pride in and continue to build over time. Also I think a great feature would be to lower MMR after consistent poor performance in PvP. Let people fight within their bracket so they aren’t getting stomped every time the jump into a BG
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hunter937 wrote: »
    I’d love a visible MMR score. I think that would be very very cool. That’s something someone at endgame can be proud of, take pride in and continue to build over time. Also I think a great feature would be to lower MMR after consistent poor performance in PvP. Let people fight within their bracket so they aren’t getting stomped every time the jump into a BG

Yea I agree. People love stats and competition for rank would add another dimension in pvp.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Syhae
    Syhae
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be interesting to see MMR values, make it almost a leader board too. But it'd also be interesting to see MMR not be heavily influenced by # of BG's played.

Lot of potential with the system to make something more competitive, more transparent but also more fair and faster match making.
    Edited by Syhae on May 1, 2019 8:46PM
    @Syhae
    Lil Fruitsnack - DC Stamina Templar
    Syhae - EP Stamina Warden
    Syh-Ko - EP Stamina Nightblade
    ANIMOSITY
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did 5 bgs today. Had a total of 19 different people. Out of a potential 55.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most games have a timer, where after X amount of time the range of acceptable Ranges increases.

For example in World of Tanks, every 1 minute during ranked battle queue times the ranked level difference increases 1 tier.

I would suspect a similar thing here

Because I typically play late night I see the same 3 players per match (sometimes same team woot!!!) but about half are players I don't recognize.

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds