Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

An Addon That Removes The Blur Around Inventory Zoomed Screenshots

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
There is a blur that is put around your character that blurs the background when you use your inventory to zoom into them.

v203teckv0w4.jpg

Here is an example of a screenshot I took of one of my characters showcasing the meridian purified skin. You can notice the inventory blur in the background.

Edit: Taking a screenshot in the inventory provides a convenient angle to take a screenshot of your character in. Plus it provides your photo with artificial lightning that can be essential to shots. Compare to top picture to the picture below. The bottom picture was taken outside the inventory. Note that it lacks the artificial lighting the inventory provides. Bottom photo taken about the same time.

868aodt54tzj.png
Edited by Aliyavana on May 2, 2019 7:41AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just looked at a SS I took of one of my characters and I do not see blurring. I do not recall noticing this before.

That brings into question what the source of the blur is.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it caused by the "Distortion" effect in Video Settings?
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I just looked at a SS I took of one of my characters and I do not see blurring. I do not recall noticing this before.

That brings into question what the source of the blur is.

did you take a screenshot while accessing your inventory and then hid your UI?
    Streega wrote: »
    Isn't it caused by the "Distortion" effect in Video Settings?
    You may be referring to depth of field, which does not disable the inventory screen blur
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 2, 2019 5:54AM
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just get another player to take the photo. xD #lazy solution with ironically too much effort to do.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would I access my inventory then hide my UI? Have you tried getting out of your inventory before hiding the UI?

Regardless, I would doubt that would be an API function..

Edit: I just tested it and if you exit your inventory first then hide the UI the blur is not present. You can turn your character around instead of using the inventory to do so or get someone else to take the SS for you.
    Edited by idk on May 2, 2019 7:26AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Why would I access my inventory then hide my UI? Have you tried getting out of your inventory before hiding the UI?

Regardless, I would doubt that would be an API function..

Edit: I just tested it and if you exit your inventory first then hide the UI the blur is not present. You can turn your character around instead of using the inventory to do so or get someone else to take the SS for you.

you are missing the point completely, the inventory zoom provides an optimal camera angle and provides arguably essential artificial lighting for screenshots

Example, the top screenshot is a inventory screenshot, note the artificial lightning. Bottom is a screenshot outside the inventory, taken at about the same time and note the lack of the artificial lighting that you get from accessing the inventory. The bottom one outside the inventory is notably darker.

v203teckv0w4.jpg

868aodt54tzj.png
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 2, 2019 7:35AM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realise until now this is something the game did. I thought it was weird so many people were blurring the edges of their screenshots but I assumed it was a trend, maybe emulating photo filters for social media.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"