The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lower Pop cap, then allow alliance swap, add campaigns as needed

technohic
technohic
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Judging by how the game cannot handle the players a certain zerg stacks in Vivec NA; why do we have that many players allowed per faction? Then we have several campaigns that barely see action and are mostly still overrun by the same faction. Need to eliminate the ability to get so many players on one group, encourage using other campaigns, and encourage the players to balance out population. When all 3 factions fill all of a certain type of campaign (7 day, 30 day, CP, No CP, sub 50) then add 1 if needed and then get rid of ones that are not used.
Edited by technohic on May 1, 2019 11:59AM
  • Silverhand2156
    Silverhand2156
    ✭✭✭
    The lags are mostly caused by ball groups though,the number of players very rarely causes issues
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lags are mostly caused by ball groups though,the number of players very rarely causes issues

I don't know. The reduced lag on siege week and midyear mayhem where I did not see a lot of ball groups lead me to agree with you; but last night was the worst I have seen it and I did not see a ball group anywhere. There was a ball of yellow in one spot, and a huge ball of red in another but were not ball groups as they scattered when you jumped into them and even fled individually with any sort of pressure. Not that you could do anything to them as only light attacks would really work.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please lower server pops I strongly agree with this.. We need to address the performance issues. ZOS needs to formally tell its playerbase it cares about performance of the game.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I don't know. The reduced lag on siege week and midyear mayhem where I did not see a lot of ball groups lead me to agree with you; but last night was the worst I have seen it and I did not see a ball group anywhere. There was a ball of yellow in one spot, and a huge ball of red in another but were not ball groups as they scattered when you jumped into them and even fled individually with any sort of pressure. Not that you could do anything to them as only light attacks would really work.

Last night there were plenty of ball groups running... 1 ball of 2 bgs will lag out the whole server .. I counted 2 yellow, 1 blue 2 reds with 1 huge red...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Please lower server pops I strongly agree with this.. We need to address the performance issues. ZOS needs to formally tell its playerbase it cares about performance of the game.

Just something being done would be good. 1 Campaign that is packed and lagged to death and several others are hit or miss on whether anything is happening at all more than 1 faction rolling it. Something to indicate they even care about populations. I think the plan right now is just move IC and buff siege and see if that helps perfomance but I dont think it goes all the way in making sure we have a healthy Cyrodiil
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just something being done would be good. 1 Campaign that is packed and lagged to death and several others are hit or miss on whether anything is happening at all more than 1 faction rolling it. Something to indicate they even care about populations. I think the plan right now is just move IC and buff siege and see if that helps perfomance but I dont think it goes all the way in making sure we have a healthy Cyrodiil

There just isn’t a large enough playerbase that care about PVP to have a healthy environment. The main campaign Vivec only has enough players for around 8 hours a day.

Last night EP was running…
    2 raids of AP
    1 raid of Vae Victus
    1 Half/raid of Warpath
    1 group of Vanguard (Old Invictus guys)

Those 5 groups make up about 100 of the EP players and the poplock is somewhere around 125-150. The half/raid of Warpath had to leave Sotha and come over to vivec to get fights.

Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There just isn’t a large enough playerbase that care about PVP to have a healthy environment. The main campaign Vivec only has enough players for around 8 hours a day.

2 raids of AP
    1 raid of Vae Victus
    1 Half/raid of Warpath

Those 5 groups make up about 100 of the EP players and the poplock is somewhere around 125-150. The half/raid of Warpath had to leave Sotha and come over to vivec to get fights.

This seems to happen in a lot of MMOs where we can get into a chicken or the egg first debate. Usually its when it comes to matchmaking and not having enough players to pop a good even arena competation but still kind of the same here. Is it low pop so they cannot do anything about the health of Cyrodiil? Or is it low pop because they haven't done anything about the health of Cyrodiil?

I know I logged off at 8:30 which is before any of the people I regularly group with even showed up really because I just couldn't do any abilities in Vivec, and Sotha was the next closest pop with a couple bars a piece save for 3 EP but yet there were no fights popping up.
    Edited by technohic on May 1, 2019 7:04PM
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2 raids of AP
    1 raid of Vae Victus
    1 Half/raid of Warpath

This seems to happen in a lot of MMOs where we can get into a chicken or the egg first debate. Usually its when it comes to matchmaking and not having enough players to pop a good even arena competation but still kind of the same here. Is it low pop so they cannot do anything about the health of Cyrodiil? Or is it low pop because they haven't done anything about the health of Cyrodiil?

I know I logged off at 8:30 which is before any of the people I regularly group with even showed up really because I just couldn't do any abilities in Vivec, and Sotha was the next closest pop with a couple bars a piece save for 3 EP but yet there were no fights popping up.

We use to have the pop but ZoS ignored performance for far to long and killed the game for PVP. ESO PVP is a ghost of what it use to be.
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of performance . Please lower pop caps eliminate battle groups. There is no reason to run more then 12 people. Large guilds can play on multiple servers just like smaller guilds do now to get away from the lag they create! There are guilds now that run 48 people at one time and a ball and latency skyrockets. Some of these larger guilds can still run multiple groups of 12 on 2 different servers but splitting them up should be priority for game performance.

If on a nightly basis latency for 90% of the playerbase exceeds 250 to 400 then its essentially a broke game. As a company its their responsiability to fix. As a customer it's our responsibility not to play when dissatisfied. Well the later has been happening for years now. Please fix this ZOS...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables