The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Sets for Magick DPS

Zymcio
Zymcio
✭✭✭
Hello,

i saw this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wE8qrY8e1E where this guy was testing BSW vs Scathing vs Julianos.

I am currently have Julianos and MS.

Is Siroria better choice vs Julianos + MS or Siroria + Julianos ??
Edited by Zymcio on April 30, 2019 4:59PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siroria is situational, longer fights where you stand in place, are good for it. Anything else... Less.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mundus should always be Shadow

You then choose from either Mother's Sorrow (body) or Acuity (front bar)

Then you complete it with either:
    1. Static fights either single or multi target: Siroria
    2. Mobile single target boss fights: Spell Strategist
    3. Mobile multi target boss fights: BSW or Julianos

Other sets to consider:
    1. Moondancer - If your group is coordinated, with good healers. Can be bodied or front barred.
    2. Master Architect - If your class has a cheap ulti (NB, Templar, Warden). Can be bodied or front barred
    3. Necropotence - If your class has pets (Sorc or Warden). Can only be worn on the body.

Scathing Mage isn't great unless you run force pulse, which is generally a dps loss.
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here are the tiers of sets, from easiest to hardest to acquire. You'll want to progress from the top of the list to the bottom. That also applies to each category within it! but usually if you have any 2 of the sets on anywhere in this list you can acquire whatever else you want. I will not just be going over the purely perfectly optimal ones, but all of the "good" ones.

Craftable -

Magnus's Gift

Seducer's

Julianos

Mechanical Acuity

Dungeon -

Netch's touch (for sorcs mostly)

Scathing Mage

Aurorans thunder

Burning Spellweave

zone -

Spinner's

Necropotence (pet builds)

Bright-Throat's Boast

Crafty Alfiq*

Mother's Sorrow

Spell Strategist (pvp)

monster sets, vet dungeons -

Slimecraw (rip nb)

Ilambris (sorcs)

grothdar

Iceheart (survivability)

Valkyn Skoria

Zaan's

there are plenty more good for various situations but those are the popular / best ones typically in that order.

trial sets -

Infalliable Aether (usually is run by your healer so you're okay missing this)

Moondancer

Master Architect (ESPECIALLY For low cost ult builds like templars, nb, and bear wardens)

False God's Devotion*

Siroria (perfect or not)

*coming with Elsweyr and isn't on live yet.
    ---
    Pick and match any two of these, each 1 from separate categories and it'll be a good build. You can easily parse above 30k-40k if you have the game knowledge using any combo of these sets. if you want to squeeze out the absolute best potential you would go for Spell Strategist, Siroria, and Zaan's for a skeleton parse. These sets collectively add ~ 8k or more to your damage if i had to guesstimate. Typically you want to go for sets that work together well. Using crafty alfiq and bright-throat at the same time wouldn't be great because you're only getting a lot of 1 stat. try to spread out your stats evenly. Something like Julianos + spell strategist, or necro + BSW, or master architect + mother's sorrow.

GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    Slimecraw (rip nb) ?? why rip ?? it will be must have for them ?

Btw i was thinking about monster set... For PvE can two different monster set be good ? let say one gives me spell crit second one gives me max magicka ??

I heard someone said 2x spell crit is better than valkyn skoria in DPS..
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zymcio wrote: »

Btw i was thinking about monster set... For PvE can two different monster set be good ? let say one gives me spell crit second one gives me max magicka ??

From what I know, the potency of mixing monster sets like that (most commonly two spell crit bonuses) depends on group coordination. If you have pretty constant major force uptimes from a tight warhorn rotation, then higher critical will be very powerful. If you don’t have that, you might benefit more from a proc set like Zaan.

I’m not sure how the buff to the shadow stone changes this, but I’d assume it’s still the same. Either way I don’t think the difference in dps is drastic enough to make or break your performance.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2pc Spell Crit can be a good option. Say you’re at about 65% crit chance with a crit damage bonus of 115% (pretty typical values). Adding one piece crit brings you to 68.8% crit, resulting in a 2.5% increase in DPS.

So if you mismatch 2 crit sets it is about 5% increase in DPS.

So if you want to compare this to Skoria just look at how much damage the Skoria proc does. If it is less than 5% you would be doing more damage in mismatched crit pieces (I’ve found Skoria is usually around 3%). Also consider that Skoria gives a good amount of health, so there are cases where it can be useful for survivability even if it is a small DPS loss.

To compare to other sets like Zaan, you have to consider that the 1pc Zaan is a Spell Crit bonus, so the beam proc only has to do 2.5% of your DPS to be better than mixed crit. If you are in melee range this is usually your best option.

Slimecraw is also a good option, which also has a 1pc Spell Crit bonus. The 2pc bonus is Minor Berserk, which increases your DPS by 5-6% (not a true 8% like the tooltip suggests, due to additive stacking of bonuses). Now you may already have Combat Prayer or another source of Minor Berserk, so to determine if Slimecraw is better than double crit we have to look at uptimes. The 2nd crit bonus adds 2.5% DPS, so we need the 2pc Slimecraw to add at least this much to be worth using. If your Minor Berserk uptime is less than 50% from Combat Prayer then you’ll gain 2.5-3% DPS by bringing this uptime to 100% with Slimecraw. If you’re already getting over 50% Combat Prayer then double crit will be more beneficial.
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zymcio wrote: »

the rip nb joke is because nightblades no longer get minor berserk, meaning they have to run slimecraw if they want the 8%. the joke is that they were the only class who had it for the majority of the game's existence unless you had a healer using combat prayer. so me saying rip nb is a jab at how now they're just like every other class.

as for the two separate monster sets, sure. Iceheart (spell crit) and zaan (spell crit) or slimecraw (Weapon + spell crit) are some good options. Molag Kena is a good one that adds 129 spell and weapon damage, too.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer