The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Angry about housing?

Imperial_Voice
Imperial_Voice
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the last ESO-live weve had a lot of anger towards ZoS from the hohsing community. Weve seen multiple threads each day about the way ZoS has decided to treat players while still milking them for hefty sums. In fact in any given month ZoS releases upwards of $200 worth of asset flips for housing including furniture and housing, not to mention assistants and storage chests and mundus stones yet the idea of putting any of this money back in to housing is deemed too much effort on their part. If youre angry about this though, dont -just- post it here. Write reviews. Send in these reviews to any site who will host them. I sincerely encourage everyone to do this because frankly its the only way to get ZoS to listen.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only thing I want for my house is writ quest board and a wayshrine.

The statement for housing cap has been since day 1: Consoles.

Wait untill next gen consoles. or untill ESO dies out on consoles. There. increased cap.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »

Wait untill next gen consoles. or untill ESO dies out on consoles. There. increased cap.

Not talking about caps. Im talking about ZoS outright ignoring housing for 3 years then popping in just to say 'were not going to do anything'

Its their lack of communication that is the heart of the issues as well as their unwillingness to do anything. Not necessarily the caps but even basic functionality.
    Edited by Imperial_Voice on April 30, 2019 3:52PM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty disappointed. I think they need to work harder and figure out the things they say can't happen. :unamused: Other games have no problem keeping furnishings out of players inventory. And the caps, well, if we want a laggy house, let us. Stop being so controlling about it. It's horrible and hugely disappointing having a large house only 1/3 full. Not fixing this is not okay.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Special Collections limit of 10 means you can only display a few of your pets and mounts. I've been asking for this ridiculous limit to be raised for ever but they're not listening so I'm refusing to spend a cent on anything housing related.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will definitely write up some reviews, but I don’t have hope, I think they’d just continue to ignore us. Worth a try though
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Special Collections limit of 10 means you can only display a few of your pets and mounts. I've been asking for this ridiculous limit to be raised for ever but they're not listening so I'm refusing to spend a cent on anything housing related.
    Yeah that's pretty bad to be honest :disappointed: The separate collection limits for furnishing types is so annoying... What if I want to fill a house with only a carpet and 8 different cat pets? :neutral: And vice versa, a house could have spare room for 20 undaunted busts, but I can't place just one more fork because that's over the limit. Furnishing caps are pretty bad, but the separate furniture type caps just make it even more unncesessarily annoying.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how much it would take for ZoS to listen, and how much more it would take for them go get off their ass and actually work on housing.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Add a usable Wayshrine or exit-system to Housing, to choose a proper zone/exit when leaving :neutral:
    -Increase the "Special Collections" limit from "10" to 20, or even 50. :lol:
    -Allow players to mount in open/outside areas such as courtyards, etc. (you know, like the rest of the game already does) :unamused:
    -Greatly decrease the atrocious predator-pricing that is the ESO Housing Editor "crown store furnishings"
    -Add Imperial-style furnishings/recipes to the game, instead of Imperial-style furniture being crown-store only (what a rip-off)

This is just a few of my major "pain-points" with ESO Housing, overall.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    --Add Imperial-style furnishings/recipes to the game, instead of Imperial-style furniture being crown-store only (what a rip-off)

Yeah that Imperial thing has always stuck in my craw. That and the fact that the only Nibenese Imperial style homes are Linchal Grand Manor and the Snowglobe Home (a.k.a Anvil Lighthouse) - both limited time/crown exclusives.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    --Add Imperial-style furnishings/recipes to the game, instead of Imperial-style furniture being crown-store only (what a rip-off)

Yeah that Imperial thing has always stuck in my craw. That and the fact that the only Nibenese Imperial style homes are Linchal Grand Manor and the Snowglobe Home (a.k.a Anvil Lighthouse) - both limited time/crown exclusives.

Ah but there are plenty of Imperial furnishings in the crown only section. Just 5 dollars will buy you 1 banner....
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I feel like that's just an excuse they threw out there. It was a vague reference anyway, iirc, to "certain platforms" which could also include low-end PCs.

The fact is, based on what they said, it's too much work. So, consoles aren't necessarily limiting them so much as they don't want to do what is required to allow high-end PCs to have more items. Whatever it is will require work, and not a simple matter of just giving PCs a higher limit as they can handle it and consoles can't. Something in the way they've coded things or how the database works is preventing a higher limit and while they might be able to increase it for PC, it would require too much work to do so.

We're beating a dead horse at this point on the item limit. Let's focus on getting them to listen to our suggestions about ways to alleviate that limit (more clutter items, more building/structure items), our ideas for providing more functionality to our homes, and our desire for more small/medium homes.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

I feel like that's just an excuse they threw out there. It was a vague reference anyway, iirc, to "certain platforms" which could also include low-end PCs.

The fact is, based on what they said, it's too much work. So, consoles aren't necessarily limiting them so much as they don't want to do what is required to allow high-end PCs to have more items. Whatever it is will require work, and not a simple matter of just giving PCs a higher limit as they can handle it and consoles can't. Something in the way they've coded things or how the database works is preventing a higher limit and while they might be able to increase it for PC, it would require too much work to do so.

We're beating a dead horse at this point on the item limit. Let's focus on getting them to listen to our suggestions about ways to alleviate that limit (more clutter items, more building/structure items), our ideas for providing more functionality to our homes, and our desire for more small/medium homes.

I agree. I also see no reason why the 700 item limit couldn't be applied to all homes in general, making smaller homes a great deal more attractive than they currently are. Seperating homes based on cells would also be an amazing improvement to larger homes especially since Elsweyr will have a 4 celled home loading screens and all, this change would even make our psijic manor usable finally.

The problem as I see it isnt coming up with solutions, its getting the apathetic people in charge of housing to actually get up and do something about it.
  • Gune
    Gune
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I also see no reason why the 700 item limit couldn't be applied to all homes in general, making smaller homes a great deal more attractive than they currently are. Seperating homes based on cells would also be an amazing improvement to larger homes especially since Elsweyr will have a 4 celled home loading screens and all, this change would even make our psijic manor usable finally.

My guess is that it is (in part) a business choice (aka money reasons). Why would we buy a way more expensive notable home with 700 item slots, that we can't fill to our liking within the item limit, if we can get a less expensive small/medium home with the same amount of slots that we can actually fill to our liking? Now we have the problem of not enough slots across the board so players might be less likely to factor that in their decision to (not) buy a certain home.
    I'm absolutely not saying this is a choice I agree with (because I don't). I hope they have done market studies to back up their choices, because I can also imagine selling more small/medium homes (albeit for a smaller price each than notable homes) will increase their total revenue. Even more so if they make materials needed for furnishing crafting easier to get (i.e. furnishing a house becomes cheaper) so players are able to furnish the houses they have more easily, and move on to the next (bought) house. And when you furnish more houses you might run into that specific crown-store only furnishing you want for your build more often, thus enticing players to buy more crown-store furnishings in total. All in all I think it might actually result in more (smaller) crown purchases by players and increase ZOS' revenue.
    Not to mention it will probably increase customer satisfaction in the housing community, giving that a lot of players have been getting more and more vocal about the stagnation in ESO's housing system (and rightly so IMO).

On the Elsweyr house: I believe ZOS missed an easy chance to experiment with instanced housing with separate item limits for each wing. They're giving the house for free, which means it would be a large test group for them. If it doesn't work as expected (either positively or negatively) they could adjust their method in the future. ZOS basically has an enormous virtual sandbox to play around in, why not use it?
    [PC-EU] PvE lover and Housing enthousiast
    Member of Tamriel Homes, Housing Guild on PC-EU