Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leveling a second max char

lukoi
lukoi
✭✭✭
So I've reached 50 (and about 380 CP) on my first character and finally have him generally outfitted and skilled the way I want.

The itch to start a new character is on me, and I wanted to know how CP works when you level a new character. I'm under the impression (maybe I'm wrong) that CP is account wide.

If that's the case, does that mean that the CP are there waiting for me to apply when I hit level 50 on the next character or does that character have to earn the xp for the CP same way as the first?
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes CP are account wide and you can make a new character and benefit from your 380 cp points before hitting level 50 on that character. You just won't continue to gain CP on that below 50 character until you hit level 50.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blinkin8r wrote: »
    Yes CP are account wide and you can make a new character and benefit from your 380 cp points before hitting level 50 on that character. You just won't continue to gain CP on that below 50 character until you hit level 50.

True. The bonus is that new character can earn CP faster as they can redo old quests, get skyshards, exploration XP points, etc
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another big advantage on a second character is that moment they hit level 50, they suddenly become the same level as your highest character. Since your highest character is above CP160 it means the new character can go right from whatever they were wearing when they hit level 50 straight into the top level gear (CP 160). You never have to do the grind from level 50 to CP160 again!
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another big advantage on a second character is that moment they hit level 50, they suddenly become the same level as your highest character. Since your highest character is above CP160 it means the new character can go right from whatever they were wearing when they hit level 50 straight into the top level gear (CP 160). You never have to do the grind from level 50 to CP160 again!

I have been wondering about this - specifically if it is considered bad form to apply your CP points to the new toon before they hit level 50. So far I have played new characters at 0 CP just in case.
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    I have been wondering about this - specifically if it is considered bad form to apply your CP points to the new toon before they hit level 50. So far I have played new characters at 0 CP just in case.

Play them the way you want, if I'd take everything other players feel or think at heart, I wouldn't have a gaming life.
    At some point you will make choices when playing with others, but CP points is for now the least of your worries.
    Enjoy your builds with or without them.

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lukoi wrote: »
    So I've reached 50 (and about 380 CP) on my first character and finally have him generally outfitted and skilled the way I want.

The itch to start a new character is on me, and I wanted to know how CP works when you level a new character. I'm under the impression (maybe I'm wrong) that CP is account wide.

If that's the case, does that mean that the CP are there waiting for me to apply when I hit level 50 on the next character or does that character have to earn the xp for the CP same way as the first?

how you wanna di that with servers down???
    and mostly why shpuld you do that????
    with server down all the time it will take you weeks or months probably till you get
    the new char off the ground!
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    with server down all the time it will take you weeks or months probably till you get

By relaxing, breath in....breath out, enjoy your space outside the game. No need to hurry. Your characters won't walk away :)
    The world will not end, gaming is for your leisure, not work.

EDIT: unless your post is sarcastic, if so = well played :P

Edited by BoraxFlux on April 28, 2019 4:54PM
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    lukoi wrote: »

I've 10 characters, 8 of which are at max 50. Neither server down time or the levelling process has prevented me from managing this in a fun, progressive manner.

If you dont like levelling or grinding, then dont do it. Simple. Main one character and crack on.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now got 5 max level characters all the classes. Use XP scrolls the anniversary 100% XP bonus and you fly to level 50. And it is really fun to do.

I would advice you to craft gear for Level 10,20,30 and 40 all with training trait. I use shackle on all, julianos for mag toons and hundings for stam toons. If you have not reached 6 traits crafting yet, no worry just pick any set you can craft and switch gear every 10 levels. This makes the whole experience much better.

Have fun.

PS, dont forget to pick up a mundus stone and yes allocate all 380 CP's.
    Edited by WoppaBoem on May 1, 2019 12:25PM
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »

The only reason to not use the CPs, pre or post L50, is to increase the challenge of some content, but that is a personal choice.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't let the benefit of the CP make you lazy. The new skills that you haven't worked on before will need practice.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Creating the first characters is always like this. My tips for the next?

1.Distribute your CP asap, you already benefit from it
    2.If you have a friend(or a good guild), try talk to someone to get your favorite Mundus Stone asap
    3.If you're a good crafter(Or have a good guild) you can craft a Training Set for the new character on LVL10, 30 making level up easy
    4.Decide how you're going to level up, griding or questing and use the XP Scrolls you get from level up on that
    5.Don't forget you 1st character, go back everyday to do daily, pledges and most important... THE AWESOME HORSE UPGRADES
    6.If you want you can get the equipment of your 2nd character with the 1st and when you reach CP again already have it in hands
    Edited by yRaven on May 2, 2019 12:49AM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know this when I was new to the game. The first time I hit level 50 with my second character and suddenly shot up to my max CP level was surprising, to say the least. LOL.