The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why only one master writ of a type at a time?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I want to clear out some of the Master Alchemy writs I have piled up. Why can't I make the content for several after accepting them all?
PC
PS4/PS5
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can make all of them at one time but it will only allow you to accept one contact at a time. I will just make them all up go see the turn in guy and just turn in accept till I finish them.
    I have made a potion book for these writs so I know I have made them correct
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can make all of them at one time but it will only allow you to accept one contact at a time. I will just make them all up go see the turn in guy and just turn in accept till I finish them.
    I have made a potion book for these writs so I know I have made them correct

^This.^

You can make the required potions ahead of time for master writs.

Then just open and turn in one after the other with Rolis Hlaalu.
  • teejkapow
    teejkapow
    Is there an addon that automates this? Like one that looks in my inventory and crafts all my writs at once?
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    teejkapow wrote: »
    Is there an addon that automates this? Like one that looks in my inventory and crafts all my writs at once?

I would LOVE that on the PS4. Sigh....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The addon you need this one thinks is Writ Master perhaps?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WritWorthy will complete all the writs in your inventory (can optionally do bank as well) and then you can turn them all in at once.

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    WritWorthy will complete all the writs in your inventory (can optionally do bank as well) and then you can turn them all in at once.

That's the one - Khajiit thinks so anyway.

Sounds about right.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know if it was a bug or it's the way it works, but with writ worthy, if I added a writ to the que, then later accepted the writ, it would make two of the items.

Now I just make sure I only add to que in the crafting area, and take on the writs in front of the turn in NPC
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I dont know if it was a bug or it's the way it works, but with writ worthy, if I added a writ to the que, then later accepted the writ, it would make two of the items.

Now I just make sure I only add to que in the crafting area, and take on the writs in front of the turn in NPC

That might be an interaction with Dogulbon's Lazy Writ Crafter, which will also craft master writs IF they are in your quest log (you've "opened" the writ).

The only major bug I've had with WritWorthy, is if you are crafting a glyph and you don't yet know one of the runes (for example Kuta for a legendary) it will construct 2 of the glyphs when making the one for your master writ, but just with the first one where a rune is translated.

I have not tested it for Alchemy, as I level those first by learning all the traits, since those give a greater amount of Inspiration for the craft to level it up faster, but Enchanting is restricted by the skill points to level it up
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably was. I think you can turn off Masters with Lazy....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Probably was. I think you can turn off Masters with Lazy....

Yes, you can. I have it off to avoid any potential conflict.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    An update on this: I just wasted a bunch of crafting (gold) enchants because I wanted to avoid running back and forth. The page I am using has great details, but doesn't properly note Epic as purple, not the gold I thought it mapped to everyplace else.

Hopefully those sell on the guild trader, but I made a bunch of them I didn't need.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's really on you being new at this. Epic maps to purple consistently throughout crafting in this game, legendary to gold. If you're unsure about the master writs, take the time to run back and forth. I don't have to but I've been doing this for a while.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was using the information at http://www.sunshine-daydream.us/ESO/alchemy.html

Yeah, I will learn it over time. I have plenty of Master Writs I have no chance of crafting since the styles are not easy to get. (One was 500K AP points, for example. Shield I think from the PvP vendor in Vivec City.)
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I will learn it over time. I have plenty of Master Writs I have no chance of crafting since the styles are not easy to get. (One was 500K AP points, for example. Shield I think from the PvP vendor in Vivec City.)

Probably referring to Militant Ordinator which is AP-purchasable only. The way around this is to have someone who PvP's a lot buy it with their AP and sell it to you for gold. I was able to do this when I was acquiring that motif since I don't PvP at all. Akavirii is another one that usually only sells for AP, but I believe they are dropping during the anniversary event, so now would be a good time to shop traders for them.

As a matter of fact, right now is probably the most efficient time of the year to finish off motif collections because of the glut of them entering the market from reward boxes.

I was able to buy my last needed chapter (Huntsman staves) a couple days ago so, until Elsweyr drops anyway, I'm 100% on motif knowledge. ...I'd hate to know how many millions in gold I've spent over the years acquiring them though!
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

Probably referring to Militant Ordinator which is AP-purchasable only. The way around this is to have someone who PvP's a lot buy it with their AP and sell it to you for gold. I was able to do this when I was acquiring that motif since I don't PvP at all. Akavirii is another one that usually only sells for AP, but I believe they are dropping during the anniversary event, so now would be a good time to shop traders for them.

As a matter of fact, right now is probably the most efficient time of the year to finish off motif collections because of the glut of them entering the market from reward boxes.

I was able to buy my last needed chapter (Huntsman staves) a couple days ago so, until Elsweyr drops anyway, I'm 100% on motif knowledge. ...I'd hate to know how many millions in gold I've spent over the years acquiring them though!

@Feric51 Congrats! I just have Huntsman Bows, Welkynar Chests (gah, it's expensive...I hope I get it to drop this week), and Welkynar Staves. I, too, have spent a good deal of gold on motifs.