The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Premades in BG should be matched -ONLY- with other premades.

dazee
dazee
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Premades in BG should be matched -ONLY- with other premades. no more premade 4 man groups on voice chat crushing pugs in 500 to 10 matches.
Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Outside of this and the glitched BG match starts. I have no issues with BGs.
  • kollege14a5
    kollege14a5
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree. Most of the time it is pretty much a L2P issue. Also on low MMR I see a lot of people that are playing against a good team instantly calling out "Premades it's gg" and stuff like that even tho they aren't.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree. i don't know why this isn't implemented from the get go.

the only people that are happy with this are the ones who enjoys fighting one-sided and crushing new players.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree. Most of the time it is pretty much a L2P issue.

yes, it is a L2P issue. But what and how can new players learn when they're blowing up under a second when hit by 2 stamNB, healed by a templar, and a DK leaping and acting as a sponge absorber?

if players are really THAT good that they're completely winning the round without being pre-made, so be it. I'm sure losing to them would be more palatable.

that's why we need 2 queues so WE KNOW when they're premade or not.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree absolutely, in theory.

I am unconvinced, in practice, that the population supports any more divisions within the queue. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am unconvinced, in practice, that the population supports any more divisions within the queue. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

i'm intrigued.

can you explain?

i think clear division - like random dungeons separated veteran and normal - would be beneficial in general. (minus the DPS claiming to be tank coz of longer queues...)

the stress now is when people who just wanna do random BG daily, or just want to have fun for 15 - 30 minutes, can sometimes be matched with a team that completely obliterates.

having this separation would give an excuse for the PUGS saying "ah, well, those guys are good", instead of claiming (with no fact other than gut feeling) "they must be premade!!"

I'll be honest, I'm more pissed lately when getting hate tells from people who lost, claiming I'm pre-made (I never *EVER* premade a BG round. Like, ever. Guess i don't have enough guildmates/friends lol) which is why i'm winning.

son, lemme tell u the thousand deaths and hundreds of hours or practice and theorycrafting and hours sneaking behind my sleeping wife, just so i can push over 1-million damage points................ that ain't no premade, boy.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

i'm intrigued.

can you explain?

i think clear division - like random dungeons separated veteran and normal - would be beneficial in general. (minus the DPS claiming to be tank coz of longer queues...)

Sure.

I agree that divisions would be beneficial if there are enough people queuing to allow for the queues to actually move--

But if there are only 20 people queueing at a given moment (within a given MMR range), and it's 2 teams of 4 and 12 solos...how does the queue match them up?

The more you split up the population into subqueues (flag games, ball games, TDM, groups vs solos, CP and noCP, etc.) the more you risk not having enough people in a subqueue for it to actually function. I would love for there to be enough people for me to log in pick the exact type of match I want and be matched with a revolving mix of players at about the same performance level--but I don't know that there's enough population to support that level of granularity. Anecdotally, I see enough of the same names match after match in a session that I don't think there is enough pop--but ultimately, only ZOS knows.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bah. Only ZOS knows indeed.

I'm an optimist that says there's a LOT of people would queue, considering the millions of active accounts right now.

But you may be right too....
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. There should me 2 modes - unranked for solo-randoms, and ranked for premades. For ranked provide much higher rewards, so time in queue will pay off.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But if there are only 20 people queueing at a given moment (within a given MMR range), and it's 2 teams of 4 and 12 solos...how does the queue match them up?

what? their servers are melting under the amount of playing people. do you really believe there are not enough players for battlegrounds? id rather believe there are not enough professional devs in zos. they cant write a proper matchmaking system or fix existing one
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

what? their servers are melting under the amount of playing people. do you really believe there are not enough players for battlegrounds? id rather believe there are not enough professional devs in zos. they cant write a proper matchmaking system or fix existing one

Yes, because those in the top MMR brackets are matching with themselves back to back, to the point where you can join a match, hit F5 to look at who's in there, and you recognise most if not all names. That tells me that at the least there isn't enough players in the top brackets to support a queue split.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, the population on my server wouldnt deal with that well, a group wouldnt be able to get a game for ages.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, the population on my server wouldnt deal with that well, a group wouldnt be able to get a game for ages.

the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

solo bg's are life. cyrodiil is your group fix. there is a reason group ques in bg's wouldn't be successful. most don't group que. it is why the few that do relish the opportunity - their competition already weaker, the deck already stacked.

seek your skill equal in the mindless zergs of cyrodiil. or lobby for a group vs. group que. all other options display only your cowardness. so it is written...
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »

the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

solo bg's are life. cyrodiil is your group fix. there is a reason group ques in bg's wouldn't be successful. most don't group que. it is why the few that do relish the opportunity - their competition already weaker, the deck already stacked.

seek your skill equal in the mindless zergs of cyrodiil. or lobby for a group vs. group que. all other options display only your cowardness. so it is written...

Even in solo BGs its long que times on my server, population is slowly dying off.

And how would it work if you were in a group of 2 or 3 then? 2/3 good players can still easily wreck everything. So its pointless making 4 man groups wait, just so noobs can fight noobs. You dont get better playing *** players.

Also think this wouldnt be as much as a problem if the game was balanced, when people know somethings strong, theyll abuse the hell out of it. Your average player is just using whats fun for them, not whats going to perform well. And i find alot of the population in BGs are just that, average players, there for fun.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not true. PvPwise Cyrodiil has been a success but not BGs. Like I recognize names in this thread like Mursie from BGs.

I think there are less people playing BGs as a percentage of total population... then anything else I can think of in game.

In response to the OP:

Keep it simple and just have two queues. I solo queue and like fighting premades for the challenge. I get a kick out of thinking the other team has an advantage and winning anyways.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 29, 2019 4:10PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGs are non CP that's a no go for a vast majority of the Population. There is a host of other reasons why Bgs are struggling...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

Yes, because those in the top MMR brackets are matching with themselves back to back, to the point where you can join a match, hit F5 to look at who's in there, and you recognise most if not all names. That tells me that at the least there isn't enough players in the top brackets to support a queue split.

that tells me that matchmaking doesnt work. it doesnt work even if you get ready confirmation from other 15 players. it doesnt work when it drops you into an empty arena despite this 15 confirmation. we have no information about player numbers, no information about mmr levels and its calculation algorithm. we have no information at all to make such conclusions.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    BGs are non CP that's a no go for a vast majority of the Population. There is a host of other reasons why Bgs are struggling...

I don’t think CPs are the issue, it’s mostly people don’t spec for pvp and it’s vastly different then pve.

Every week the same questions get asked and the answers are sometimes funny but mostly accurate:

Do I really need all impenetrable traits?

Answer yes, person tries to go with some divines and gets roflstomped

Do I really need mitigation and defense?

Answer’s always yes, but I see people in glass canon specs getting carried all the time.

Maybe because it’s not intuitive? Maybe because they would need all different gear for pve from pvp? Idk.

I think a lot of people try pvp and get destroyed so they stop playing BGs. People I talk with about it in social guilds are like that. In other games you can wear the same gear for pve and pvp, that’s definitely not the case in ESO.

Edited by Iskiab on April 29, 2019 9:30PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The servers are melting with players who quest, do PvE content, and other things not PvP related.

PvP population is not big and once you get a medium MMR, it's a small pool where everyone pretty much knows everyone.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The servers are melting with players who quest, do PvE content, and other things not PvP related.

PvP population is not big and once you get a medium MMR, it's a small pool where everyone pretty much knows everyone.

Seperate the que

Its one thing to play against the same individual a few times.

Imagine being an individual playing against the same premades.

Seperate the que.

The forums go on and on about balance. Randoms vs randoms is balance Not premade vs randoms.

The fear mongering idea that the pool is too small is make belief. More people would que if they didnt have to face premades..
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

once again. if you are playing with same people it doesnt mean there are no more people at all. you dont know how it picks up players for a fight. you dont know how accurate its assessment of your playing skill and how accurate the system compares you with others. maybe there is no sense in mmr because its based on a time spend in game and we can play all together.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

This. I wait 10 to 15 min to fight the same ppl every day it seems. 3 of which are the most cancerous group no matter what they are doing.
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to post this into the post on the BG forums too. Maybe if the poll showing a 2/3 majority of players thinking this is a problem stays on pg 1 of the Battlegrounds forums for ANOTHER year ZOS will get the message.

BGs are so broken, and grouping vs pugs is a huge part of it.