The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skyshard crown cost

• CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bekkael wrote: »
    Is there any info on how much the skyshard packs will cost yet?

The cost will be your soul, which the Vestige may not want to pay again after going to the trouble to recover it.

In reality, likely your entire bank account if you want all shards from all zones. I predict more than a notable home when all is said and done, so well over $150 USD? If it's less, I will be shocked.

Why don't we fight so that the achievement is accessible?

What price would make you buy it on many characters?

ZOS sees these estimations and are like "increase the price, they're willing to pay 4k for them"
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sionIV wrote: »
    One outflit slot, for one character, is 1500 crowns. Even after a thread with over 50+ pages, ZoS still hasn't changed the price. I highly doubt that they will go lower than 1000 crowns per zone.

I would imagine that they price it at 100 crowns per skyshard, so certain areas are more expensive than others.

Guessing 100 crown/skyshard was how I made my estimate that the packs cost roughly the same as unlocking an Outfit Slot for one character (most normal zones have 16 skyshards x 100 = 1600 crowns).

My logic tells me they would have scaling prices for the packs in relation to how many skyshards each unlocks. However my gut tells me they'd rather consider a pack a pack and have a single flat price for them all. As each skyshard pack requires the associated achievement to unlock, it'll be especially interesting with some of those with the fewest skyshards. I'm specifically thinking of the lone skyshard on the mountain in Cyrodiil which is all by itself in it's achievement.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »
    One outflit slot, for one character, is 1500 crowns. Even after a thread with over 50+ pages, ZoS still hasn't changed the price. I highly doubt that they will go lower than 1000 crowns per zone.

I would imagine that they price it at 100 crowns per skyshard, so certain areas are more expensive than others.

Guessing 100 crown/skyshard was how I made my estimate that the packs cost roughly the same as unlocking an Outfit Slot for one character (most normal zones have 16 skyshards x 100 = 1600 crowns).

My logic tells me they would have scaling prices for the packs in relation to how many skyshards each unlocks. However my gut tells me they'd rather consider a pack a pack and have a single flat price for them all. As each skyshard pack requires the associated achievement to unlock, it'll be especially interesting with some of those with the fewest skyshards. I'm specifically thinking of the lone skyshard on the mountain in Cyrodiil which is all by itself in it's achievement.

The only ones I would buy (if the price was right), would be the one hidden behind the enemy gates in Cyrodiil. Took me a long time to get them on my main, and I wouldn't want to go through that again. If the prices are in the 1000+ category (which I expect), then I most likely wouldn't. That would be 2000 - 3000 crowns for both enemy zones in Cyrodiil.
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »

The only ones I would buy (if the price was right), would be the one hidden behind the enemy gates in Cyrodiil. Took me a long time to get them on my main, and I wouldn't want to go through that again. If the prices are in the 1000+ category (which I expect), then I most likely wouldn't. That would be 2000 - 3000 crowns for both enemy zones in Cyrodiil.

I'm sure many will be right there with you buying those, but thye are crazy easy to slip in and get if you keep your eyes open and prep a little.

Keep your eyes open: Even if you don't PvP, watch for when your alliance has 3 bars on a little campaign and the enemy alliances only have 1. Peek in and see if any gates are open. It's especially easy during PvP events as the different alliances tend to claim different campaigns. I was able to easily complete the collection of all gated shards on all 15 of my alts during a single short evening of last week's anniversary PvP event! Before that, only 2 of my characters had them all.

Prep:
    • I don't suggest trying until your character is trained up well at the stables in both Speed and Stamina. The higher each is, the better your chances of riding past the gate guards unscathed.
    • Eat a good health and stam food before trying.
    • Make sure you haven't drained your mount's stamina before making the attempt through the gate.
    • Slot rapids and use it right before passing the gate.
    • Invisibility potions aren't needed but can make it even easier to evade guards after passing through.
    • If you have many characters, consider making a checklist of who has collected which gated shards. This will let you quickly respond with the right character when specific opportunities arise on a campaign.

Tactics: After through the gate, turn hard to break Line of Sight to the guards; try to gain as much distance as possible along one of the sides before hiding. The guards will chase a small ways, so make sure to break line of sight whenever possible. Sometimes you'll get the Stuck in Combat bug and be unable to enter stealth; using an invisibility potion will help here. Or ignore most of that and just head straight for the shard, because chances are there will be no enemy players nearby.

If another gate is open, bloodport (die to the nearest enemy mobs - like back at the gate or at a scroll shrine) to the nearest ally-held fort and repeat. If your team has all four enemy gates open, you can get them all real fast!
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pessimistic me says: 4000+ per zone

optimistic me says: 1000 per zone.

1000 per zone at best, lol. I wonder how they'll split up cyrodiil since that's the only place i won't go to on any of my toons willingly.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS never fails to disappoint when it comes to monetization, so i suggest y'all to expect the worst. They are simply bad and greedy in that regard.
    I really hope that they price it like 2k or 2,5k per zone.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bekkael wrote: »
    Is there any info on how much the skyshard packs will cost yet?

The cost will be your soul, which the Vestige may not want to pay again after going to the trouble to recover it.

In reality, likely your entire bank account if you want all shards from all zones. I predict more than a notable home when all is said and done, so well over $150 USD? If it's less, I will be shocked.

Why don't we fight so that the achievement is accessible?

What price would make you buy it on many characters?

ZOS sees these estimations and are like "increase the price, they're willing to pay 4k for them"

I'm not willing to pay squat for them, not at the prices I expect from the Crown Store. :unamused: If it were an account-wide unlock, I might be tempted to pay as much as 5000 crowns (or 50 real world dollars...which is still highway robbery TBH). I would like one purchase and done, but that's not how ZOS rolls. It's all about nickel and diming the customer to death, so screw it, I'll grind it out on each character, or more than likely, I will just go without.

Crown Store prices are generally ridiculous and over-the-top, but I don't expect them to make any changes in their monetization practices, as they are obviously making bank with the current model, regardless of whether they embitter the customer or not. It's poor business practice to engender hate in your community, as they (the customer and consumer of your product) will have negative emotions and be less likely to want to purchase from you in the future, and will have less and less connection and feelings of loyalty to the brand.

But I think ZOS identifies with Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind, when he told Scarlett O'Hara: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would never buy it since I believe it is lazy and shouldn't be implemented.

I estimate the cost as follows:
    Small Zone, like Stros M'kai: 1,500 crowns.
    Large Zone, like Auridon: 4,000 crowns.
    Hard to obtain Skyshards, like Cyrodiil: 5,000-6,000 crowns per area.
    Edited by Universe on May 1, 2019 5:26PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Universe wrote: »

Hard to obtain Skyshards, like Cyrodiil: 5,000-6,000 crowns.
    People still naively think that they want to help the playerbase. If they really wanted to "help" or improve QoL, they would implement this whole thing into the game itself.

Edit: Or it should be a ESO+ feature at the very least.
    Edited by Facefister on May 1, 2019 5:29PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »

People still naively think that they want to help the playerbase. If they really wanted to "help" or improve QoL, they would implement this whole thing into the game itself.

Indeed.
    A simple in-game shortcut, like buying it for gold will be nice.
    Crown store exclusive is bad when it is implemented in such a manner.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200 crowns per skyshard and every third is 500 because that's you're actual skillpoint.

Don't tell me that's an unreal assumption.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grandma wrote: »
    I wonder how they'll split up cyrodiil since that's the only place i won't go to on any of my toons willingly.

One package for each alliance:
    8zbXRWE.png
    The mountain skyshard is not included.

Edited by Edaphon on May 1, 2019 5:35PM
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    200 crowns per skyshard and every third is 500 because that's you're actual skillpoint.

Don't tell me that's an unreal assumption.
    Prepare yourself for "Zone packages". Besides, why do you think that youre able to bargain the price?
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    I wonder how they'll split up cyrodiil since that's the only place i won't go to on any of my toons willingly.

8zbXRWE.png
    They reallysplit Cyro? My sides hurt from laughing atm haha.
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    My experienced guess would be 250 or 400 each but there will most likely be no communication on it until we see it live.

+ I was simply hoping they were going to add an "all zones" option... wishful thinking though.

I was soooo hoping for this.

As someone who:
    - Has all Skyshards and skill points possible on my main
    - Has 14 and soon at least 16 characters
    - Obtained about 30% of skyshards with other characters
    - Did the Mages Guild 6 times
    - Did the Psijic line 9 times
    - Leveled all crafting to 50 on most of my characters

I was hoping that all skyshards would cost about 30% per character.

There's a breakpoint for me at which I won't buy if it's too ludicrous. At 30$ per character, that would be a chunk of change but I'd probably afford it. Any higher and I'm out of the skyshard purchasing game...

As for those *** say that's p2w, I'd make them realize that it is situational. I've done so much legwork to get to where I am that farming for skyshard will take my enjoyment of the game away again (I've had the blues a few times).

I just hope the achivements are not cost-prohibitive....

Are you saying $30 per character for all the skyshards? Or do you mean per zone?

Because if you mean all the skyshards, I think you are going way too low.

Consider this: What dollar amount would you put on the time it takes to collect all the skyshards on a character? The amount ZOS will charge will likely be higher than that, because they already stated they don't want to devalue time spent playing.

Again, a matter of willingness to pay. It takes 5 minutes per small zone and 20-30 per large zones. If you don't consider the gated skyshards in Cyrodiil, I could probably collect all skyshards in 10-12 hours.

Lol no. It may or may not feel like that when you're doing it, but that is dramatically underestimated. Let's do some quick math:

12 hours is 720 minutes. There are 423 Skyshards, but 59 of them are in Cyrodiil and Imperial City, so let's exclude those just to give your claim a bit of a handicap. That leaves (423 - 59 = ) 364 Skyshards.

720 Minutes / 364 Skyshards = 1.98 Minutes/Skyshard

It will take you at least 2 minutes to gather each skyshard on the overland zone maps let alone the ones in delves and public dungeons. You are not gathering all the Skyshards in 12 hours, let alone 10 hours.

Let's say you need 5 minutes per Skyshard, which is still lower than what you'd realistically need. That's about 2.5x as long as the Minute:Skyshard ratio you made the claim for before. So, at 5 Minutes/Skyshard, you'd end up at (5 * 364 = ) 1820 minutes, which is 30 hours and 20 minutes.

A more realistic expectation for the time it would take to gather all non-Cyrodiil, non-Imperial City skyshards is:

30 hours and 20 minutes.

And that's assuming you're on PC and can constantly head toward the "uncollected skyshard" marker granted to your zone map by an addon. You can easily add another 2-3 Minutes/Skyshard if you're on console and need to constantly refer to off-screen maps. And trying to do it without maps? Probably closer to AN HOUR per Skyshard.

So please stop understating the ridiculous grind that skyshards entail.
    Edited by Vandril on May 1, 2019 5:44PM
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭

8zbXRWE.png

Why wouldn't they? Most larger zones have about 15 skyshards, so it makes sense to count each Alliance's corner of Cyrodiil as a large zone since they also have 15 skyshards. They'll almost definitely price the zones based per skyshard, so it would just cost 3x as much if it were one package for all of Cyrodiil. With it split like this, at least you can decide which Alliance's skyshards you'd like to purchase if you, for example, already have your own Alliance's skyshards.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vandril wrote: »

8zbXRWE.png

Why wouldn't they? Most larger zones have about 15 skyshards, so it makes sense to count each Alliance's corner of Cyrodiil as a large zone since they also have 15 skyshards. They'll almost definitely price the zones based per skyshard, so it would just cost 3x as much if it were one package for all of Cyrodiil. With it split like this, at least you can decide which Alliance's skyshards you'd like to purchase if you, for example, already have your own Alliance's skyshards.
    I really greet this. I really hope ZoS it as expensive as possible.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyrodiil skyshards are already split up by faction, if you look at the achievements. So it's consistent to split them up for purchase also.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »
    ZOS never fails to disappoint when it comes to monetization, so i suggest y'all to expect the worst. They are simply bad and greedy in that regard.

Let's try not to paint everyone with the same broad stroke. The odds are, their business people are to blame, not the developers or designers.

I really don't know what you mean by blaming the business. This business could be done in 9.999.999 better ways. Hunger is hunger, greed is greed. There are gazillions of examples of this.

For example, did you believe when Rich said they won't do class change token because it's hard to do? Did anyone actually buy that? They take their players for bunch of fools then expect respect? I'll tell here as i tell everywhere: ZOS won't make class change token because selling everything bit by bit instead is at least 10 times the price! Starting with skyshards soon, here is your reason.

So, i can actually very well point ZOS, or say whoever is in charge of monetization in there, and say they are greedy af. It's a fact.
    PC|EU
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »

Let's try not to paint everyone with the same broad stroke. The odds are, their business people are to blame, not the developers or designers.

I really don't know what you mean by blaming the business. This business could be done in 9.999.999 better ways. Hunger is hunger, greed is greed. There are gazillions of examples of this.

For example, did you believe when Rich said they won't do class change token because it's hard to do? Did anyone actually buy that? They take their players for bunch of fools then expect respect? I'll tell here as i tell everywhere: ZOS won't make class change token because selling everything bit by bit instead is at least 10 times the price! Starting with skyshards soon, here is your reason.

So, i can actually very well point ZOS, or say whoever is in charge of monetization in there, and say they are greedy af. It's a fact.
    B-But Gina told me that they don't implement this because of technical reasons!
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are items in the crown store that cost 120+ euros. Find me a similar MMO that has individual items in the store with those prices. There is no defending ZoS when it comes to greed, they are up there with the best of them (EA, Ubisoft, Activision etc).
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are items in the crown store that cost 120+ euros. Find me a similar MMO that has individual items in the store with those prices. There is no defending ZoS when it comes to greed, they are up there with the best of them (EA, Ubisoft, Activision etc).
    ZoS is easily on par with EA but we don't perceive that because EA has bad publicity for years and ZoS doesn't.
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS is easily on par with EA but we don't perceive that because EA has bad publicity for years and ZoS doesn't.

I agree with you, but there are exceptions, Bethesda destroyed their reputation in a few months with Fallout 76.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree with you, but there are exceptions, Bethesda destroyed their reputation in a few months with Fallout 76.
    Bethesda did that with Fallout 4 already, Fallout 76 was their coup de grace. People shouldn't expect TES6 anytime soon, since they wont release it on the same engine. And if they do, you can bet on your precious butt that Zenimax will dissolve Bethesda.
    Edited by Facefister on May 1, 2019 6:14PM
  • AbraKDabbler
    I would like to see a 30-point Skyshard Hunter Achievement added for each alliance, awarded for getting getting all 86 skyshards in that alliance's main game zones.

If they added that to the game, I'd think fair crown pricing for skyshard achievements would be:

21,000 crowns: Tamriel Skyshard Hunter (319 skyshards)

7,000 crowns: Alliance Skyshard Hunter (86 Skyshards each)

1,500 crowns: 15-shard Cyrodiil achievements

1,500 crowns: 16-shard zone achievements

450 crowns: 6-shard zone achievements

300 crowns: 3-shard zone achievements

By increasing the value-per-crown mostly according to the size of the achievement, it both rewards and encourages gameplay. You have incentive to put in the elbow grease of getting the big achievements before opening your wallet to get quick skyshards. It also ostensibly rewards the more veteran players with the best deal.

I'd also put in a 4 day minor discount for ESO+ members at launch.

Just my two cents!

PSN: abracadabraxas
    Edited by AbraKDabbler on May 1, 2019 7:09PM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to unlock them first on one character, yes?

I wonder how many people are going to buy the Cyrodiil shards without ever stepping foot in Cyrodiil, thereby actually getting no shards.

This....might get pretty messy...

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    My experienced guess would be 250 or 400 each but there will most likely be no communication on it until we see it live.

+ I was simply hoping they were going to add an "all zones" option... wishful thinking though.

I was soooo hoping for this.

As someone who:
    - Has all Skyshards and skill points possible on my main
    - Has 14 and soon at least 16 characters
    - Obtained about 30% of skyshards with other characters
    - Did the Mages Guild 6 times
    - Did the Psijic line 9 times
    - Leveled all crafting to 50 on most of my characters

I was hoping that all skyshards would cost about 30% per character.

There's a breakpoint for me at which I won't buy if it's too ludicrous. At 30$ per character, that would be a chunk of change but I'd probably afford it. Any higher and I'm out of the skyshard purchasing game...

As for those *** say that's p2w, I'd make them realize that it is situational. I've done so much legwork to get to where I am that farming for skyshard will take my enjoyment of the game away again (I've had the blues a few times).

I just hope the achivements are not cost-prohibitive....

Are you saying $30 per character for all the skyshards? Or do you mean per zone?

Because if you mean all the skyshards, I think you are going way too low.

Consider this: What dollar amount would you put on the time it takes to collect all the skyshards on a character? The amount ZOS will charge will likely be higher than that, because they already stated they don't want to devalue time spent playing.

Again, a matter of willingness to pay. It takes 5 minutes per small zone and 20-30 per large zones. If you don't consider the gated skyshards in Cyrodiil, I could probably collect all skyshards in 10-12 hours.

Now this is a hobby so you can't affix an hourly rate similar to your wage. There's also the fact that I won't spend 10-12 hours per character to get them, I will quit the game WAYYYY before.

Consider the cost of a game now, it's 50-60$. At 30$ per character with 14 to pruchase the achievement on, I'm paying the equivalent of 7 brand new AAA games.

As an opportunity cost, I'll put my money Elsweyr. I did the achievements and did the multiple grinds for the different skill lines on many characters, It nearly took me out of the game, had to stop and go play something else because I just wasn't having fun. That also has to be factored in.

You are thinking of it from your end of the bargain. I'm thinking about it from ZOS'. The time you spend collecting all the skyshards is worth far more than $30 to them, so they will not trade all those skyshards for such a low sum.

I feel like the estimates of 100-1500 crowns for a full zone sound accurate to me. Because they don't want someone to just open their wallets and buy all the skyshards. The same way they don't really want someone to open their wallets and spend $180.00 on maxing out their horse.

It's a stopgap to keep people from getting too frustrated with the grind, and maybe they'll buy 10-20 points in Speed. Or maybe they'll buy 2-3 zones worth of skyshards to round up a build.

But it's definitely not going to be the price level where starting a new character with all available skyshards is going to be the preferred option.

I think you have to also attach a $ value to a skill point.

A skill point is worth about 0.20-0.25 cents to me. At that price, we easily reach 35$+, I don't think it's unreasonable.

At 1.5k Crowns per zone, it's over for me lol. The dream dies forever......

Again, a skill point is worth way more than that to ZOS.

And they need to be careful to price things in such a way that it doesn't devalue the time spent in game acquiring these things. Like horse riding skills, if you choose to log in every day to train your mount, you don't feel like you are wasting your time over buying the lessons in the crown store.

The Moot Councillor
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay anything short of a kidney to not have to grind skyshards again. If you include lorebooks, I may consider the kidney. :D
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭

Neverwinter Online. It's pretty much as close to ESO as you'll get in gameplay aside from Guild Wars 2, and its cash shop is egregiously priced (and used to be WORSE, as now they have frequent sales and "coupon" items that you can rarely find). Early on, iirc, certain mounts used to cost $40. And if you wanted a specific Drow outcast race, you needed to purchase a "founder's" pack (that they decided to keep selling indefinitely under a different name, without telling founders) that costed over $200.
    Kel wrote: »
    You have to unlock them first on one character, yes?

I wonder how many people are going to buy the Cyrodiil shards without ever stepping foot in Cyrodiil, thereby actually getting no shards.

This....might get pretty messy...

It probably just won't let you buy them unless you're eligible.
    Edited by Vandril on May 1, 2019 8:39PM
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed.
    A simple in-game shortcut, like buying it for gold will be nice.
    Crown store exclusive is bad when it is implemented in such a manner.

I believe they're achievement locked, so we have to either spend our own cash on them, or get someone to agree to buy a code for crowns from cdkeys.com and be willing to trade that for gold.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |