Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Lost my Main Quest

Meryyl
Meryyl
✭✭✭
First off, let me assure you that I googled and read all the past queries on this subject and they didn’t help. My templar is lvl 23 and at some point I lost my main quest after finishing several levels. I have repeatedly visited the front gate at Vulkhel Guard. I have repeatedly visited the wall on the shoreline outside the harborage - never get visited by the Prophet. Go into the harborage - the Prophet, Lyris Titanborn, Sir Cadwell and Abnur Tharn are all present. Just hanging around, playing the lute and accomplishing nothing.

Any ideas?
Police Detective: “Why did you shoot him, Marlowe?”
Phillip Marlowe: “There was a lot of killing going on and I wasn’t getting my fair share.”
  • iso125
    iso125
    Soul Shriven
    I had the same problem a few days ago. I had the prequest to Elsweyr active in my journal where I also have to speak to Abnur Tharn. Deleting this quest worked for me. I could speak to Abnur in the mages guild to go further on the main quest. Maybe you cannot talk to Abnur twice at the same time.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tharn is a fickle guy.
    Another thing that can happen is that you're not yet high enough level for the next step in the quest.
    So level up 2 levels and see if things change.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Meryyl
    Meryyl
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses. iso125 is correct. Abandoned the Demon Weapon quest and Tharn sent me off in search of Mannimarco.

I’m back in business. Love the ESO community.
    Police Detective: “Why did you shoot him, Marlowe?”
    Phillip Marlowe: “There was a lot of killing going on and I wasn’t getting my fair share.”
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DBZVelena wrote: »
    Tharn is a fickle guy.
    Another thing that can happen is that you're not yet high enough level for the next step in the quest.
    So level up 2 levels and see if things change.

Level gates on main quest were removed. That shouldn't be a reason today.

After passing The Tharn Speaks, the next time you'll find the Main Quest getting interrupted is when you need to go to Coldharbour with the Fighters and Mages Guilds, and complete that series, before it will continue.