The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Gear goals at CP 160?

mashugana
mashugana
My mag sorc is my first CP 160. What are dome gear goals for me to go after? Right now I have mostle blue quality crafted and dungeon gear. Are there specific Vet Dungeons to run that drop a set gear good for mag sorc? Crafted or overland sets? Monster helms (whatever those are)?

I'd like to create a list of things to go after to constantly improve my character. Any advice? Thanks.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For damage, can't go wrong with Spell Strategist. It is the top right now. Its a Cyrodiil set, but you can buy it from guild vendors. Others include IA (Craglorn trials), BSW (City of Ash), Siroria (Cloudrest), Moon Dancer (MOL) Master Architect (HOF), and Mother's Sorrow (Deshaan). As for monster helmets, Zaan, Valkyn Skoria, and Ilambris are all very good.

IA is one of my favorites to pair with Spell Strategist.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like to farm solo, both Spider Cultist (Fungal Grotto I) and Netch's Touch (Darkshade Caverns I) can be farmed in those dungeons since they can be easily soloed on normal difficulty and are soloable on vet with decent damage mitigation.

If you are using Conjured Ward (and/or one of its morphs) on your Sorc you can add Infernal Guardian to your monster sets as it procs with shield casts. The helmet drops from the final boss in vet City of Ash I and the shoulder drops as a reward from one of the undaunted chests at the enclave.
    bye1.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on April 30, 2019 9:51PM
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you play a pet Magicka Sorcerer, you plan to be a Damage Dealer, and you need some effective easy-to-get and relatively inexpensive starter gear, I would advise you to go for Queen's Elegance and Necropotence sets (all 10 items with the Divines trait), with a Staff of Willpower on both bars.

Invest your CP in Direct damage, Elemental damage, and Staff Light/Heavy Attacks damage. If you have enough later, go for Damage over Time too.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • mashugana
    mashugana
    Thanks all - these are great goals.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, you’d have a hard time beating 5X Julianos + 5X Mother’s Sorrow at CP160. You can craft Julianos staves, and armor pieces in any weight (you want to end up in 5 Light, 1 heavy, 1 Medium so craft your armor pieces around what weight of monster helm you find). Mother’s Sorrow can be found in Deshaan or bought from guild traders, and is one of the best sets due to its synergy with the Shadow Mundus Stone. Then you can pick a 2 piece monster helm set, Slimecraw (from vet Wayrest 1) and Ilambris (from vet Crypt of Hearts 1) are great options for a sorcerer.

Eventually you’ll want to get your hands on a Maelstrom Inferno staff. At that point you’ll be better off swapping Julianos for a “single bar set” since you’ll lose the 4 and 5 piece bonuses while on your Maelstrom bar (typical back bar). This is when things like Burning Spellweave and Spell Strat become useful, since their bonuses persist even if you lose the 5pc set for a few seconds. Until you have a Maelstrom staff they are no better than crafted Julianos.

Trials sets like Siroria and Moondancer also work well as single bar sets, and can be farmed fairly easily in normal Maw of Lorkhaj and Cloudrest. Both are a little situational though (requiring synergies or remaining inside a small circular area) so I would start with some of the more general sets above.