The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

While server is down

DarthVlarrad
DarthVlarrad
Soul Shriven
Hey guyserino. I have a very stupid question, but I humbly asking you to answer more or less serious, so we all could avoid creating similar topics in future.
A month ago before playing ESO I played WoW and nowadays everything is given to you for free in that game, so I've caught a mental disease which is called "Why am I dying so much even after playing this game for a month?"

Yes, I know this sounds stupid, because for a new player, who knows near to nothing about mechanics and skills and etc (templar's jabs are actually dot, holy sh*t!) this is quite natural to suck. But I don't want to suck, because I enjoyed 1-49 pvp so much, because I could kill almost everyone on my stamplar. I've watched a couple of youtube videos and tried to copy some playstyles and I was successful until I hit lvl 50, where I started to die from a single aoe fart.

So, I'm currently at 160CP, I've bought epic spriggan set + 2heavy pieces for additional resists for my stamplar and I still die like a who*e. So, just tell me what do I need to be able to live at least 5 sec against those 810CP guys. Maybe their dmg\survivability scales with each champion point or they have some specific enchants and awesome gear? (I doubt my every single enemy has BiS gear, so it's me being low lvl?) Also, I've been watching a lot of videos where even five or six 810 players can't take out one guy. What's the secret? Apart from being a good player, is this really a gear issue? As far as I know bone pirate is a good set for stamplar, but it's not that hard to get, but that guy on a youtube vid was annihilating players in 5 sec. I want to be just like him, help.
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=130232 his build
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players sometimes underestimate the value of leveling a PvP character up in a regular PvP campaign. After all, a character in decent gear will do fine because below-50 stats are scaled. Having champ points to allocate is a bonus. But, yeah, under-50 PvP is a way different ball game.

Gear doesn’t make a player good all of a sudden. It takes practice, enjoying the class, and being willing to learn.

You’re right ... Bone Pirate and Deadly Strike are not that difficult to farm. Getting a Master’s Bow is a much different task. Some time will be spent in vet DSA for that. Hopefully, you can find a farming group in your guild or friends list.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 28, 2019 8:07PM
  • DarthVlarrad
    DarthVlarrad
    Soul Shriven
    Players sometimes underestimate the value of leveling a PvP character up in a regular PvP campaign. After all, a character in decent gear will do fine because below-50 stats are scaled. Having champ points to allocate is a bonus. But, yeah, under-50 PvP is a way different ball game.

Gear doesn’t make a player good all of a sudden. It takes practice, enjoying the class, and being willing to learn.

You’re right ... Bone Pirate and Deadly Strike are not that difficult to farm. Getting a Master’s Bow is a much different task. Some time will be spent in vet DSA for that. Hopefully, you can find a farming group in your guild or friends list.

Thank you for your answer, but I still want to know, am I being 1 shoted in 1 sec because it's 650 CP difference or I don't know something? I mean, I can't outlive anything w\o pressing a shield, resist rune and healing spam + potion.
  • Travestynox
    Travestynox
    ✭✭✭
    I find stamplars to be squishy. I've played in medium armour for a while, but I will change it to heavy.
    Aim to have Vigor and Rally should up at most times, so you would need to use a twohander.
    The other bar I would recommend 1 hand and shield.

If you get '1 shotted', the reason could be a number of causes. The difference between 160 and 810 CP is large, a thought out build will mean alot and the ability to unload alot of dmg while staying alive is down to experience.

If you are new to PvP, I dont think copying that build is a good idea. It's very offence oriented, which can work for experienced players. I'd rather build to stay alive longer and mitigate more incoming dmg.

Maybe Bone pirate, Ravager and Bloodspawn/Trollking
  • DarthVlarrad
    DarthVlarrad
    Soul Shriven
    I find stamplars to be squishy. I've played in medium armour for a while, but I will change it to heavy.
    Aim to have Vigor and Rally should up at most times, so you would need to use a twohander.
    The other bar I would recommend 1 hand and shield.

If you get '1 shotted', the reason could be a number of causes. The difference between 160 and 810 CP is large, a thought out build will mean alot and the ability to unload alot of dmg while staying alive is down to experience.

If you are new to PvP, I dont think copying that build is a good idea. It's very offence oriented, which can work for experienced players. I'd rather build to stay alive longer and mitigate more incoming dmg.

Maybe Bone pirate, Ravager and Bloodspawn/Trollking

Ty, this explains a lot. I thought about 1h+shield, I just can't see where should I place vigor and rally, if my 2nd bar is 1h and main bar can't be filled only wit buffs. I suppose I have to replace charge (aka stampede), but how do I do gap closing then? Shield charge probably.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried a no CP campaign? Guesting in one would give you a change to guage how much of what you're experiencing is due to CP differential. I prefer no CP regardless, but even if you want to play CP, it could be diagnostically helpful, as well as a chance to try out another option to see whether it's more or less fun for you.
  • Travestynox
    Travestynox
    ✭✭✭
    Make the 1 hand and shield bar your attack bar. Heroic slash and/or jabs as spammable. Javelin as CC. Keep vigor on this bar, as well as the extended ritual. Use 2 hander bar as buff and execute bar. Power of the light is nice if you're in a group, if not, meh, players will just turtle up when you hit them with it because they know the burst is coming.
    Atm I dont use a gap closer, but when I change to heavy I will probably use shield charge, or maybe the aedric charge, even though it's magic dmg it can work as a magicka dump. You don't need much magicka or mag rec on a stamplar.