The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild funtionality wiped by ZOS and 'social bans' for sending member notifications

misslexinub19_ESO
Anyone else experiencing this? Our Guild masters and officers need to send mails to aprox 500 members - weekly at least. There has never been an issue with this until the last couple months. Now, like clockwork, after sending 10-12 mails, "WHAM" 'social ban' This obviously totally impairs all guild communication and functionality. The Support response to something that seems to be a global guild issue, is "oh, we can't tell you anything - have everyone send a support ticket." OMFG. Any clues - let me know - though I'm sorely tempted to have all 500 guildies submit individual tickets, daily until someone in their tech dept. gets this resolved....
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s called message of the day...
    Or discord
    Or Facebook...
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @misslexinub19_ESO

Examine the text of the e-mail. It sounds like an automated social ban kicking in, triggered by a word or phrase in the mail.

A friend of mine.... :) had the exact same issue when psijic ambrosia first came to the game. He put "power level" in the raffle e-mail subject line. Got 2 of his accounts social banned before he realized what was doing it. Whoever got bans does need to put in tickets. I'd say something like "oops my guild mail triggered the social ban filter can you unlock?"

You're welcome to PM me the mail and I"ll look at it for clues as to what triggered the ban.

@Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)