The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Lost in Translation quest

leeny
leeny
Hi I get how to navigate Ebon Stadmont. I just can't find how to use Leythan's rune. Can't find the ancient writing the quest refers to. Searched high and low. There is no quest marker for the ancient writing. I tried logging off and logging back on. Any help at all is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
  • Protoavis73
    Protoavis73
    ✭✭✭
    I did that quest just yesterday and when entering Ebon there are indeed no markers, but just walking around they eventually showed up. (you do mean the inscribed stonework don't you?).
    I had more trouble with the portals and crows though (but found that as well).
  • Zeffiron
    Zeffiron
    Soul Shriven
    I am having a similar problem. The first time that I ran this quest everything was going ok, I was past the inscribed stonework, I had to find the lady that went ahead of me. However, I was also doing the quest that they give outside of Ebon Stadmont and I decided to finish it first. I did and when I was ready to get back to the main quest the lady stopped talking to me and I followed the hints in the notes, about the ravens, and still, nothing else happens in the quest. So I dropped the quest and to start it again I had to go back to Ritemaster Iachesis and he sends me to the forest once again to use the rune. However, nothing happens and the lady does not meet me there. I am not sure what is wrong with this quest but I need help because this is the main quest line for Summerset and I want to do the rest of the quests.
  • Zeffiron
    Zeffiron
    Soul Shriven
    I was on Vangroovie. I was in the North American server and I have tried to reset the quest 4 times and I keep running to the same problem
  • Zeffiron
    Zeffiron
    Soul Shriven
    I don't get a prompt to use the rune inside of Ebon Stadmont.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer