The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I still think Radiant Apex mounts should cost 4K gems or something.

Hanokihs
Hanokihs
✭✭✭✭✭
Just so we have an option buy them outright, they stay rare, and ZOS is guaranteed to make plenty of cash off the amount of crates it'd take someone to farm that many gems in the first place. Every time I look at them, I think, "Man. My impulse-purchase senses are tingling, but I don't quite want it badly enough to farm for it. Maybe if they were purple... Aah, but that senche is doofy-looking, and I don't want to end up stuck with that one. Bummer for them, I guess. Looks like my money is safe for a while."

That's it, really; nothing much else to say on it. Only felt like griping. Again. Fruitlessly, I know, I know.
"I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
"I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4k gems, ok Done.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is 4K gems in real money? Sounds high. I’d rather see them go for closer to 1k gems (still 2.5X the price of an Apex mount, so remains rare). Still I suppose anything is better than the pure RNG we have now.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is 4K gems in real money? Sounds high. I’d rather see them go for closer to 1k gems (still 2.5X the price of an Apex mount, so remains rare). Still I suppose anything is better than the pure RNG we have now.

Yeah, I agree. Picked it because it's the next decimal up from 400, and maybe the cost would be high enough to make the powers that love money fairly happy. But let's see. I'm bad at math, but:

I lowball it at about 10 gems per crate, give or take. So about 400 crates. And that would make it somewhere near 20-30 packs of 15, if someone is particularly lucky/unlucky with their duplicate card pulls and sweetrolls. Which makes my guess anywhere on the scale of... 100K - 150K crowns, on average, per RA. 6 of the biggest offered crown packs?
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4k gems. Do people even have that many gems stored up? I think at my highest I had something like 1500 or so, but not even 2k. I think more people would riot than be like YES this is awesome!
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4k gems. Do people even have that many gems stored up? I think at my highest I had something like 1500 or so, but not even 2k. I think more people would riot than be like YES this is awesome!

On PC, possibly. There are the twitch crates with nothing but vendor trash, essentially. So if someone freebases Twitch streams... Could be doable. But on console, probably not. Hasn't been a good way to get freebies in a good while.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, i think 1k - 1.5k would be more fair.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably like $500
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thing is if they increased the drop rate on the crates or made them cheaper I think they would sell hell' of alot more crown crates , I know I would buy more
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4 k gems is way too much lol. 1k would make sense
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4K gems sounds good actually.