The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Guide] How to get NPC subtitles

Maehdro
Maehdro
✭✭
Having trouble hearing what NPC's are saying when you're not in a direct conversation with them? Then this is the guide for you!

While in the game mouse over the chat window (either while in your inventory or by pressing <.> to toggle the cursor) and clicking on the plus <+> next to the word chat this brings up a menu box, tick the Box for NPC under filters and name the window whatever you want then press alt to exit.

You now should be able to read what NPC's say behind your back, enjoy.
  • interficiam
    Thanks. I never understood what the prophet was saying while walking next to him. Now I can read it :smile:
  • ChanceofRust
    ChanceofRust
    ✭✭
    Thanks heaps! This was one of my biggest issues during the beta, missed a few important moments not being able to hear people over suddenly loud background noise.

I must admit I was hoping they'd make a more official subtitle option, but it's good to know this is available.
  • Fixa
    Fixa
    Good find, thanks! I actually posted a suggestion during beta that they would add subtitles. Just like interficiam said, at certain points the prophet's mumbling is way too muted.
  • KittyMauge
    Is there like an add on to make the subtitles bigger and better? I recall there was one for the beta, but that doesn't seem to be working now :cry: I'm hearing impaired and I speak spanish, so subtitles are a big help to underestand the game.
  • Nodonn89
    Nodonn89
    Thank's. Very good.
  • phier817b14_ESO
    phier817b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you so much, that was driving me nuts.