The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are you using any of these sets? (PVE/PVP)

Durete
Durete
✭✭
Hello all,

I'm getting sick and tired of having always full inventory (+bank+8 characters backpacks +storage in housing full). Yep I'm a hoarder, because I don't want to remove /deconstruct sets that I might need at one point.

Anyways, Because of that, I'm creating a list for myself to "Deconstruct/Sell"

I've removed all the sets so far that I've seen people use in builds, pve or pvp, doesn't matter the class. and I've come to 151 dropped sets that seem to be completely useless/never used.

So here the question:
Are there any sets in this list that you use? Pve, pvp, doens't matter what for.

If so please reply what sets you use, and what you use them for.

Thanks.

Affliction
Alessian order
Aspect of mazzatun
automated defense
Bastion of the heartland
Battalion Defender
Beckoning Steel
Champion of the hist
Curse of Doylemish
Draugr Heritage
Duneripper Scales
Embershield
Eternal warrior
Footman fortune
glorious Defender
Hagraven's Garden
Hand of mephala
Hatchling's shell
Haven of ursus
Hide of horihaus
Immortal Warrior
Jolting arms
Knightmare
Lunar Bastion
Medusa
Mighty Glacier
Nikulas heavy armor
Order of diagna
Permafrost
Sergeant's Mail
Shalk Exoskeleton
Soulshine
Steadfast Hero
The ice furnace
Juggernaut
Thews of the Harbinger
Tormentor
Ulfnor's Favor
Undaunted Bastion
Vampire's Cloak
Vanguard's challenge
Way of FIre
Wyrd Tree's Blessing
Archer's mind
Barskin
Crusader
Dead water's guile
Defiler
Flanking Strategist
Heem-jas'retribution
Hircine's veneer
Kure's Kiss
Leki's Focus
Night Mother's embrace
Oblivion's edge
Para Bellum
Plague Slinger
Quick serpent
Ranger's gait
Salvation
Scavenging Demise
Sentry
Shadow walker
Shield of the valiant
Soldier of anguish
Spelunker
Storm master
Stygian
Sword Dancer
Toothrow
twin sisters
Undaunted infiltrator
Vicecanon of venom
Way of Air
widowmaker
Wilderqueen's arch
Witchman Armor
Almalexia's mercy
Auroran's thunder
Buffer of the swift
Combat physician
destructive mage
Draugr's rest
Dreamer's mantle
Elemental Succession
Flame Blossom
Galerion's revenge
Hanu's Compassion
Healer's habit
Icy conjuror
Indomitable fury
Inventor's guard
Knight slayer
Lamia's song
Light of Cyrodiil
Magicka furnace
Meritorious Service
Noble duelist's silks
Overwhelming surge
Phoenix
Prayer Shawl
Prisoner's rags
Robers of alteration mastery
Robes of destruction mastery
Robes of the hist
Robes of the withered hand
Skooma smuggler
Stendarr's embrace
Syrabane's grip
The arch-mage
Treasure hunter
Trinimac's valor
Twilight remedy
Undaunted unweaver
Vampire lord
Vestment of the warlock
Way of martial knowledge
Wisdom of vanus
Wise mage
Ygramor's birthright

(Updated list, after input by the people that responded)
Edited by Durete on April 25, 2019 7:46PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to keep sets that I use often. Most of those are sets you have already removed from your list for good reason. Of the ones you do have listed, I will keep hard to acquire sets if I feel they have moderate use.

I keep:

Sheer Venom - I've used it from time to time in pvp and refarming it would be time consuming so I keep it stashed when not in use.

Scathing Mage - I have it on a dps pve sorc currently. Probably not best in slot but it's the sort of set that is one or two minor adjustments away from being solid. Also annoying to refarm so I keep it.

Darkstride - I use this in combination with cowards gear for farming or sustained running for things like scroll running in cyrodiil. It's very easy to track down so if I weren't using it, I wouldn't stash it. I'd just buy it if needed.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durete wrote: »
    Are you using any of these sets?

Netch's Touch
    Spider Cultist
    Sword Singer
    Dreugh King Slayer

bye1.gif

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several of them are useful if you want to run a non meta tank for dungeons. Sets like Brands of the Imperium, Ironblood, Galenwe can be paired with a health set like Ebon or Plague Doctor.

A number of these sets I know are used for niche group builds in PVP. If you don't play in an organized raid, you probably don't see much use for sets that require group play to be effective. Shieldbreaker, Reactive, and Lich can be used in specific PVP builds, and I'm sure there are more. But again, if you don't play that specific way in PVP, they may not be useful.

The one I personally use is Darkstride. The 50% sprint reduction means my PVE mat farmer can sprint forever, which I prefer over some of the sets that give bigger speed bonuses.

I think the real question I would pose is: are you ever going to use those sets in a build?
  • Durete
    Durete
    ✭✭
    Thanks all, updated the list with your input.

@VaranisArano To the question "Are you ever going to use those sets in a build?" Answer would be: I have no clue.

I'm just a small fish in a big pond with thousands of options, and I'm totally lost :) But I don't want to deconstruct stuff that I might want to use at some point.
  • Durete
    Durete
    ✭✭
    aww. guess that editing is not an option, ahh well; here the updated lists:

Affliction
    Alessian order
    Aspect of mazzatun
    automated defense
    Bastion of the heartland
    Battalion Defender
    Beckoning Steel
    Champion of the hist
    Curse of Doylemish
    Draugr Heritage
    Duneripper Scales
    Durok's Bane
    Embershield
    Eternal warrior
    Footman fortune
    glorious Defender
    Green Pact
    Hagraven's Garden
    Hand of mephala
    Hatchling's shell
    Haven of ursus
    Hide of horihaus
    Immortal Warrior
    Jolting arms
    Knight-errant's mail
    Knightmare
    Lunar Bastion
    Medusa
    Mighty Glacier
    Nikulas heavy armor
    Order of diagna
    Permafrost
    Sergeant's Mail
    Shalk Exoskeleton
    Soulshine
    Steadfast Hero
    Storm knight's plate
    The ice furnace
    Juggernaut
    Thews of the Harbinger
    Tormentor
    Ulfnor's Favor
    Undaunted Bastion
    Vampire's Cloak
    Vanguard's challenge
    Warrior-poet
    Way of FIre
    Wyrd Tree's Blessing
    Archer's mind
    Barskin
    Crusader
    Dead water's guile
    Defiler
    Flanking Strategist
    Gryphon's Ferocity
    Heem-jas'retribution
    Hircine's veneer
    Jailbreaker
    Kure's Kiss
    Leki's Focus
    Night Mother's embrace
    Night Terror
    Oblivion's edge
    Para Bellum
    Plague Slinger
    Quick serpent
    Ranger's gait
    Salvation
    Savage werewolf
    Scavenging Demise
    Sentry
    Shadow walker
    Shield of the valiant
    Soldier of anguish
    Spelunker
    Storm master
    Stygian
    Sunderflame
    Swamp Raider
    Sword Dancer
    Toothrow
    twin sisters
    Undaunted infiltrator
    Vicecanon of venom
    Ward of cyrodiil
    Way of Air
    widowmaker
    Wilderqueen's arch
    Witchman Armor
    Almalexia's mercy
    Auroran's thunder
    Bloodthorn's touch
    Buffer of the swift
    Combat physician
    destructive mage
    Draugr's rest
    Dreamer's mantle
    Elemental Succession
    Flame Blossom
    Galerion's revenge
    Gossamer
    Hanu's Compassion
    Healer's habit
    Icy conjuror
    Indomitable fury
    Inventor's guard
    Knight slayer
    Lamia's song
    Light of Cyrodiil
    Magicka furnace
    Meritorious Service
    Moon Hunter
    Noble duelist's silks
    Overwhelming surge
    Phoenix
    Prayer Shawl
    Prisoner's rags
    Queen's Elegance
    Robers of alteration mastery
    Robes of destruction mastery
    Robes of the hist
    Robes of the withered hand
    Shadow dancer's rainment
    Skooma smuggler
    Stendarr's embrace
    Syrabane's grip
    The arch-mage
    Treasure hunter
    Trinimac's valor
    Twilight remedy
    Undaunted unweaver
    Vampire lord
    Vestment of the warlock
    Way of martial knowledge
    Winterborn
    Wisdom of vanus
    Wise mage
    Ygramor's birthright
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aww. guess that editing is not an option,
    You can edit the first post in your own thread but the edit button is in a different location and easy to miss.

It's the gear icon to the right of the thread title all the way on the top of the page ...
    type.gif
  • Durete
    Durete
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    aww. guess that editing is not an option,
    You can edit the first post in your own thread but the edit button is in a different location and easy to miss.

It's the gear icon to the right of the thread title all the way on the top of the page ...
    type.gif

Thanks,

seems to be working for normal posts, but not the first one that started the Topic.

Learned something new ^^
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems to be working for normal posts, but not the first one that started the Topic.

Actually yes, you can, that was my point.

For the very first post only, it's not the gear next to the post but the gear all the way at the top of the page next to the topic title.

You should see a gear icon right where the red arrow is pointing to ...
    post-2-1556148321_thumb.jpg
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been a while since I did my spreadsheet of sets for my PVE characters, so they may not be up to date (2 or 3 DLC's old).I have 15 characters and they are all wearing at least one set from this list, either in combination with a crafted set or a 2nd set from the list..

Mag Healers: Healing Mage, Infallable Aether, Worm Cult, Olorimes, Spell Power Cure.
    Stam Tanks: Ebon, Alkosh, Plague Doctor, Galenwe.
    Stam DPS: Vicious Ophidian (Serpent), Twice Fanged Serpent, Ophidian Veno (poisonous Serpent), Relequen, Advancing Yokuda (Berserker), War Machine.
    Mag DPS: Mothers Sorrow, Master Architect, Siroria, Burning Spell Weave, Moondancer.

These are only the PVE dropped sets and pretty much the only ones I keep - everything else I get rid of. I've never really used any PVP dropped sets as I only dabble in PVP.

My suggestion to you if inventory is an issue is to farm for gear as you need it. I did start like you and keep stuff 'just in case' but it was a nightmare. With transmutation now in the game, eternal farming for the right trait is over.

Hope this helps.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Durete
    Durete
    ✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Been a while since I did my spreadsheet of sets for my PVE characters, so they may not be up to date (2 or 3 DLC's old).I have 15 characters and they are all wearing at least one set from this list, either in combination with a crafted set or a 2nd set from the list..

Mag Healers: Healing Mage, Infallable Aether, Worm Cult, Olorimes, Spell Power Cure.
    Stam DPS: Vicious Ophidian (Serpent), Twice Fanged Serpent, Ophidian Veno (poisonous Serpent), Relequen, Advancing Yokuda (Berserker), War Machine.
    Mag DPS: Mothers Sorrow, Master Architect, Siroria, Burning Spell Weave, Moondancer.

These are only the PVE dropped sets and pretty much the only ones I keep - everything else I get rid of. I've never really used any PVP dropped sets as I only dabble in PVP.

My suggestion to you if inventory is an issue is to farm for gear as you need it. I did start like you and keep stuff 'just in case' but it was a nightmare. With transmutation now in the game, eternal farming for the right trait is over.

Hope this helps.

None of the sets you listed here are on the list I posted though ? :open_mouth:

other than that thanks for the tips ofc :)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i use several of the sets mentioned, however, to me this looks like another nerf request thread.
    this is getting really boring and loathsome to see every single day more threads asking for nerfs and changes to armor sets and skills and classes.
    i hope it ends, and the types of threads stop being created.

Edited by Gilvoth on April 25, 2019 1:08AM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use all of them.

At the same time.

Don’t be jelly.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »

Hope this helps.

None of the sets you listed here are on the list I posted though ? :open_mouth:

other than that thanks for the tips ofc :)

Doesn't that tell you something?
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Night Mother's Embrace
    Night Terror (3 pieces)
    Robes of Destruction Mastery (stopped after Murkmire)

First two are to reduce sneak radius on my thief.

Destruction Mastery is a good non-pet substitute for Necropotence, like Julianos but for max magicka. My magplar main used it until Murkmire, when I switched to Bright-Throat. It'll face competition from Crafty Alfiq too when Elsweyr comes out.
  • Durete
    Durete
    ✭✭
    @gilvoth @chunkycat if you're not being helpful, then why post here at all?
    Trolls that way >>>> *Door*

@mudcrabber thanks.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont use Haven of ursus but for some reason I read it as Having uranus.

I do use Ward of Cyrodiil in PvP. I dont use any of the rest but my use is pretty limited to PvP and I largely share the same sets across multiple characters.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Queen's Elegance as one of the starter sets for my PvE Magicka Damage Dealers, as it is fairly easy to get. The 5 items bonus damage is awesome.
    Edited by Watchdog on April 25, 2019 6:07AM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green Pact is still a decent beginner set, so if you're making alts that can use it on the way up, I'd keep that one. One of mine is using it that way. Too busy crafting to go farm a dungeon set replacement.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Durok's Bane: PVP tank set
    Green Pact: Werewolf set
    Knight Errant: Decent starter PVE tank set
    Storm Knight: PVE/PVP boom tank set
    Warrior Poet: PVP tank set
    Gryphon' Ferocity: PVP gank set
    Jailbreaker: PVP scroll runner set
    Night Terror: TG/DB quest set (as is NME)
    Savage Werewolf: duh....
    Sunderflame: I keep this one around just in case heavy attack builds come back around
    Swamp Raider: PVP damage dealer set / gank set
    Bloodthorn: PVP magic damage dealer set
    Gossamer: PVE healer set
    Moon Hunter: PVP poison-based gank set
    Shadow Dancer Raiment: DL/TG magic set
    Twilight Remedy: PVE healer set

Next time, just look up each set and add "reddit" after it. You'll get the ESO daily set discussion

• sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winterborn, For PVP on a Magden.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll use just about any set that I reasonably have access to (which means dungeon/trial/arena sets are immediately off the list) if it fits the character concept I'm going for. For context, most of my gameplay involves overland questing, beating down world bosses solo, the occasional dungeon, and the very occasional trial or PvP. These are sets I have used of those you list:

Embershield

I currently use this on my ashlander, who is a melee-magicka character. It made a bit more sense when he got a boost to fire damage from his racials, but I still use it because it is just a really fun set. The visual effect is awesome, and combined with the grothdar he uses, it's like... fire everywhere!

Jolting arms

I experimented with this set on my artificer once (who is also my primary tank). On paper, the idea of the set really fits his character. In practice, I just wasn't feeling it. The visual effect was kind of lackluster relative to what I was hoping it would be. I got enough pieces of the set to try it out for a while, then scrapped it.

Shalk Exoskeleton

I have used this set on a couple of characters. Once, on my ashlander before I switched him to Embershield. I currently use it on my tree hugging warden (who is my primary healer). I like to keep my magicka characters more durable, so this was the heavy armor set I picked for her to wear. It means she can use her ultimate a bit more often, which is nice. It is pretty boring though, so I am looking to swap it out with something else at some point.

Undaunted Bastion

This is another set I experimented with for my artificer. When I was first learning to tank, I ran Whitestrake's Retribution all the time, and this looked like a better version of that. Except in practice, it wasn't. The proc was very unreliable by comparison, so I scrapped it. In fact, I think that this set might be broken.

Vampire's Cloak

I used this set on my ashlander (who is also a vampire) for a while, largely for thematic reasons. It gave him a bit more survivability that balanced out some of his limitations as a melee-magicka character, but I ultimately found sets I like better for him than this one. Still decent, though, all things considered.

Shadow walker

I used this for a time on my thief character, especially when I was doing a bit more PvP with the guilds I'm in. She's a magical cat and nightblade, so she could just cloak away, sit somewhere, and heal herself with it. It's a fun set, and I plan to use it on another character at some point in the future. I ultimately found other sets I like better for her.

Storm master
    While my artificer is mainly a tank, I put him in damage dealing gear when doing overland stuff most of the time. One of those sets is strength of the automaton, since dwemer fits with the artificer theme. I wanted to grab a second one. Jolting arms (see above) was one I experimented with and a disappointment. This one? Perfect for him. I still use it, and will likely never replace it. And I despise grinding dungeons. I ground dungeons to get this set for him. It's fun and worth trying out.

Stygian

I currently use this set on my thief. It fits her much better thematically speaking than shadow walker, as she is all about ambushing/assassinations. It is a stamina set, which seems like an odd set for a magicka character until you think about how it gives you a bit more stamina pool for staying in sneak for long periods. As she cloaks frequently in combat, she gets quite a lot of mileage about that 20% extra damage to spells when sneaking/invisible. I use this character in PvP occasionally, but I'm not going to pretend that I'm good at it or get as much mileage out of this as I could.

Overwhelming surge

There are a couple characters of mine I tried to use this set on, because it is thematically appropriate. The problem I found with this set is that the proc rate is too low for being as restrictive as it is: only a 15% chance and only when activating class abilities. It was just not reliable enough, and it needs some adjusting. I trashed it due to its lack of reliability, even when trying it out on my warden who can spam netch for zero cost.

There are many other sets on your list that I have wanted to try or have planned for use on future characters, but I won't bother with that right now. The long and short of it is you can use anything and everything if you are creative in your character designs (which is kind of my bread and butter, personally).
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add comments on other sets that were in your edited list that I use or have used (sorry for not catching them earlier):

Storm knight's plate

This was another set I played with on my artificer. This is a really fun set, but the proc condition is just too problematic and I loved Storm Master for him a lot more. There are not that many sources of non-physical damage for the types of content I do, and the proc rate is a measly 10%. The visual effect is awesome and incredibly fun, but the bad proc makes it lackluster.

Warrior-poet

I currently use this on my artificer when he is tanking. Prior to that I was running plague doctor on him, but I kind of hate the name of that set and it doesn't fit his character at all. I wanted to get rid of it but maintain his health pool, and with the changes to warhorn, this set fit the money. I'm still not that happy with it. After all, he's not a "warrior poet" either, but at least it is a better name than "plague doctor" when he isn't even a healer... lol.

Gryphon's Ferocity

This set is a mainstay for my warden archer. She's all about speed and dodge rolling, and this set means she's always running around fast while getting some extra crit damage boost. The visual effect on the set is quite pretty, and it is just fun to use. I doubt I will be swapping her out of this set any time soon.

Queen's Elegance

I used this briefly as an experiment with my lightning mage, back when overload used to hit like a truck? It worked well enough for what I wanted it to do, but I really don't like running two light armor sets on my magicka characters. Would be solid pick for some folks character concepts, but in the end i went back to his classic setup.

Shadow dancer's rainment

This set is absolutely essential for my thief. And I mean absolutely. For reasons that are probably obvious. If you want to play a thief who isn't a stamina character and who isn't a vampire, this is best in slot, hands down.
    Edited by Starlock on April 26, 2019 8:08PM
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of your list i have kept light of cyrodiil and dead waters guile. I have gotten a few of these set pieces during the event and I thought I'd try them out. So this is my answer to your question.

Now these extra words are just some of my thoughts I wanted to include here. I was always having a very difficult time trying to figure out what sets to keep and what ones to sell or decon. I found a way to help me that suits me personally.

I pvp and pve but not on all my 10 characters, some just pve. I use my chests to sort out my gear.

Chest A: stamina pve
    B: magicka pve
    C: Stamina pvp
    D: Magicka pve
    E: jewelery

Any time I come across a set I am not familiar with I look it up and read player's views on the set. Reddit is a great site to get set info...great discussions that are clear and on topic. Then if it is a useless set, I decon it. If it is a viable , strong set but not bis, I keep it only if I intend to farm the whole set. If I do not intend to farm whole set for a specific character then I look it up on ttc and if it's worth something I put it in trading guild store for sale. This system keeps me fairly organised. I also have a banker that keeps gear in his bag...if im feeling lazy to look it up to see if it's good...i keep it there until im ready to go through the process i just mentioned. This system helps me keep my hoarding down.

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @wishlist14 I do something similar. I use one chest for PVP only gear, another for Monster Helmets, a third for Monster shoulders, and a fourth for miscellaneous stuff I can't part with (i.e. motif pieces, recipe pieces, etc). Clears up the bank substantially.