Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Made New Character but Need Help With Armor

tinkerbelle
tinkerbelle
Soul Shriven
Hey everyone! I've been playing for a couple months now and never expected that I would love it as much as I do. My bf suggested we try and play it together and now I am more into it than him haha

Anyways, I have one character that I've managed to level up to Champion 300 but I made a new one because I'm OCD and I wanted to complete all the quests, lorebooks, dungeons, bosses, delves, and whatever else in each map. My first character was a Magicka Sorcerer and I liked how much damage she had but I made a new one last night and I made her a High Elf Templar.

I have no idea where to start as far as what armor to start with. I apologize if this is a repeated question but any advice is appreciated!
~*faith, love & pixie dust*~
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on what you are looking to do, heal or dps or tank? Everything will have a separate set of gear that will work best for those conditions. If you get a chance maybe look at a few of the guide sites like Alcasthq and Dottz Gaming for a start on where you should be with champion points and gear specific to the type of character you would like to play. Hope this helps and happy hunting!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's a Templar, so healing is the only option, right?
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    She's a Templar, so healing is the only option, right?

Of course not, she can be DPS, Tank... Basically you can play anything with any class, and be good with that, gods heaven the PVP Templar with the damn spear
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, as i can see you made her a High elf, so you're going to Magicka right? I would say go for 5x Law of Julianos, 3x Magnus' Gift, 3x Willpower for start, and you need to say if want DPS or Healer if you want more then that
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Julianos, Magnus' Gift, or Seducer body, weapons, and one jewelry spot. Pick 2 of the 3 for a 5/5/2 setup. Then fill in the 2 jewelry spots with trash you pick up. Craft them all in Training. Julianos is the hardest to craft as it requires 6 traits researched while the other two require 4 and 3 respectively. I've seen some use Inate Axiom, which is passable. Remember, you are only going to wear this until you hit Level 50.

Level up as fast as you can to Level 50. I'd recommend using those XP scrolls they give us in daily rewards. At Level 50 you will immediately gain the level of your highest character and be able to wear the good CP 160 gear. Use her as a DPS until you level up to 50, its the fastest way. Don't worry about monster sets or "meta" sets until then.
    Edited by El_Borracho on April 24, 2019 6:13PM
  • tinkerbelle
    tinkerbelle
    Soul Shriven
    Thank y'all for the comments! I enjoy being a DPS and using magic.
    Are all those sets ones that I have to craft or are they sets I can find and collect?
    ~*faith, love & pixie dust*~
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are all those sets ones that I have to craft or are they sets I can find and collect?

Yes all 3 of those are crafted sets. I would go with a level 10 set, and as mentioned all training, and then a level 30 set to get you to 50. If you need any help with anything on PC/NA as far as the crafting goes let me know and I will help you out.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafted sets are cheap to make at lower levels, but you also outgrow them fast. I've used overland dropped sets up to about 40, and made a crafted set or two at that level (Training, of course) to get to 50. Since you have a CP300 character, your alt will inherit that level, and can use CP160 gear immediately.

I do hope you didn't delete that first character, or that won't happen. :o

And I should also remind you that the first one can do Cadwell's Silver and Gold (i.e. the other Alliances' quest lines) after you complete the main quest, so if you prefer MagSorc to Templar, you can still do everything on that one.

If you're really OCD, you now have to do everything twice, because two characters. >:)
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KappaKid83 wrote: »

Yes all 3 of those are crafted sets. I would go with a level 10 set, and as mentioned all training, and then a level 30 set to get you to 50. If you need any help with anything on PC/NA as far as the crafting goes let me know and I will help you out.

I've done that, and I've also run a level 10 set the whole time. You start to notice it weakening around Level 35. I ran storyline quests in zones like Deshaan, Alik'r, and Auridon, where getting around is easy, as are the quests, so the drop in set effectiveness wasn't that bad. I also ran delves and skyshard hunted. Again, I ran with XP scrolls to cut the time significantly. All together, it took about a week of casual playing (i.e 2 hours a day during the week, maybe 5 out of 7 days, and a little more on the weekends). I avoided side quests unless they were part and parcel to the storyline one. Auridon has a lot of those.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I upgraded my alt's armor every ten levels or so and used crafted armor that has bonus experience buffs, never died once that way. My main is a crafter however but if you can find someone on your server to craft and you supply the mats it's worth it. All other posts on this are spot on also