The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Invigorating Trait

Fellwitch
Fellwitch
✭✭✭
Is there any point in using this? It seems completely useless? Will it be addressed in the next patch yet? (Sorry I have not checked the PTS yet for this)

• GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Useless in almost every scenario. PVE healers, I guess, could try to make it work, but it's still pretty pathetic.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is fine, it is a filler trait and leagues better the trait that it replaced, prosperous, which was hot garbage. I much rather wear a set piece that had this trait, when prosperous was a thing, I would just not wear the set piece.

If you feel it is not good, I wonder what you think of reinforced or nirnhoned, the later of which is rare but is just no good, as grumpyduckling said about invigorating, both those traits are "Useless in almost every scenario."
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could've been of use in PVP if impenetrable was not so much OP.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much worth in pvp even if impen is garbege(better off with divine or well fitted in that case). Invogorating only give about 30 regen for all resources which is useless in any why you put it.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is fine, it is a filler trait and leagues better the trait that it replaced, prosperous, which was hot garbage. I much rather wear a set piece that had this trait, when prosperous was a thing, I would just not wear the set piece.

If you feel it is not good, I wonder what you think of reinforced or nirnhoned, the later of which is rare but is just no good, as grumpyduckling said about invigorating, both those traits are "Useless in almost every scenario."

agreed on everything

BUT

a reinforced heavy chest is pretty solid on every kind of character, that's damn near major resistance on one armor piece.

would not use it in any other case though.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a full set of invigorating would give say a 10% or so increase in regeneration, that would be interesting.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If a full set of invigorating would give say a 10% or so increase in regeneration, that would be interesting.

I say little more so that it would make drinks of 3 stats of recovery more viable for pvp. And some recovery food and drinks for pve. I’m thinking a 4% like a sturdy gold piece.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isnt invigorating's purpose is being utter thrash? Any objections?
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not very useful but it is definitely not utter trash number-wise. It always helps to put things into perspective. Gold piece of divines gives 18 WD (with Warrior) or 18 recovery to a single stat (with Serpent/Atronach). Compare that to 11 recovery of every stat from invigorating. It's just that no one really needs recovery on all stats.
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Or I could nerf myself by having all divines gear and run The Serpent for regen too. Either one gets the job done.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's better, imo than divines for a PvP build that is NOT a vampire and would otherwise run divines+regen mundus.

....but I can't think of any PvP builds in the past few patches were I would run divines+regen mundus.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's better, imo than divines for a PvP build that is NOT a vampire and would otherwise run divines+regen mundus.

....but I can't think of any PvP builds in the past few patches were I would run divines+regen mundus.

That is because it is not a thing. Like the invigorating trait on builds.
    Edited by ShadowKyuubi on April 23, 2019 7:24PM
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This trait is useless... it should give 30-50 mag, stam, or health regen depending on what armor weight it’s on instead of giving 11 of each
    Edited by _Ahala_ on April 23, 2019 7:27PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much worth in pvp even if impen is garbege(better off with divine or well fitted in that case). Invogorating only give about 30 regen for all resources which is useless in any why you put it.

It's +70 to all recoveries, while divines are only +125 to one type of recovery.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That is because it is not a thing. Like the invigorating trait on builds.

Well yeah. That's what I'm saying.

On paper, there's a situation where it's better than one of the "good" traits, but it's a situation that, in practice, never happens.

Basically, I like invigorating, but it's trash : P
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A gold invigorating trait gives 11 stam, mag, and health regen while a gold impen gives 258 crit resist... so would you rather have 77 extra tri regen or 1806 extra crit resist?
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess it wont be addressed any time soon if ever. It was a product of a large trait re-balance a while back, and I have seen nothing to suggest it was going anywhere. And yeah, its garbage. I dont know what the right value would be, but I think it would need buffed by a factor of 3-5 times to see any real use.
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, they should get rid of the trait and replace it with something else. Even buffing this trait will not help it. Maybe a trait like increased gold from selling to vendors or something.

Something that is equally useless, but at least we could benefit from.
    Edited by ShadowKyuubi on April 23, 2019 8:04PM
  • Fellwitch
    Fellwitch
    ✭✭✭
    Why not have something that is like the desert rose set?

For example:

When receiving damage you have a 15% chance to restore 40 health / 30 magicka / 30 stamina.
    This effect can occur every 5 seconds.

I don't know what the actual numbers should be but you can see the intention.
    With 7 traits it would be 280 health / 210 magicka / 210 stamina.

I think most people would use divines over this but if you are leveling a character you could use this, as well as a tank if you did not care about block cost (sturdy).

• SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trait is just there to lengthen your research times
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    A gold invigorating trait gives 11 stam, mag, and health regen while a gold impen gives 258 crit resist... so would you rather have 77 extra tri regen or 1806 extra crit resist?

that's a pretty great comparison, anyone that rocks or has rocked the impen armor set knows how amazing that amount of impen feels
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    _Ahala_ wrote: »

that's a pretty great comparison, anyone that rocks or has rocked the impen armor set knows how amazing that amount of impen feels

That amount of crit resist is 27%. That is crazy, if your attacker has base 50% damage increase, you just negated 18% of the damage they did to you. Just stupid how good that is. For comparison, full nirnhoned traits on your armor adds 2,107 resists or 3.2% damage mitigation. Reinforced is worse because it adds less resistance then nirnhoned (301 resistance or .45% damage mitigation) on all armor but heavy armor minus the belt.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 24, 2019 2:03PM
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont think all traits need to be used a lot. This trait is fine as a niche trait but it should be buffed a little because honestly health recovery sucks.

I agree that impen being so good really hurts invigorating because a regen trait would probably fit better in a pvp build.

I might consider using this on small pieces for my solo build though because I use both resource pools and as someone pointed out you get overall better stats than divines.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want it replaced with

Irritating: decrease all experience gains by X% (white 50%, green 40%, blue 30%, purple 20%, yellow 10%).
    Alternatively Itchy.

Would then go with 2 white pieces for 75% decrease.

EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »
    I want it replaced with

Irritating: decrease all experience gains by X% (white 50%, green 40%, blue 30%, purple 20%, yellow 10%).
    Alternatively Itchy.

Would then go with 2 white pieces for 75% decrease.

This will be OP in below 50 BG.
  • ATreeGnome
    ATreeGnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see this trait switched to provide cost reduction instead of regen. Something like 0.2/0.4/.06/0.8/1% so you could get a total of 7% reduction for health, stamina, and magicka abilities. Obviously wouldn't apply to block, dodge, or ultimate costs. I think that would make it a good, but not OP, option for tanks and a reasonable choice on 1 or 2 pieces for healers and DPS who need just a little more sustain.
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    ATreeGnome wrote: »
    I would love to see this trait switched to provide cost reduction instead of regen. Something like 0.2/0.4/.06/0.8/1% so you could get a total of 7% reduction for health, stamina, and magicka abilities. Obviously wouldn't apply to block, dodge, or ultimate costs. I think that would make it a good, but not OP, option for tanks and a reasonable choice on 1 or 2 pieces for healers and DPS who need just a little more sustain.

I was just about to say the same thing. Honestly this is probably the best course of action for this trait, as cost reduction can be pretty powerful. If it worked on all abilities including ultimate that would really put it as a contender, but probably not wise.
  • Somnilux
    Somnilux
    ✭✭✭
    Multiple issues with invig. It's itemized under the older valuation for tri-stats, and penalized in a way that prevents it from being super useful even when you're utilizing all three stats, as well as health regeneration is not properly reduced by battle spirit so it tends to be itemized and valuated for pvp making the stat useless outside of it. And like Well-fitted and other pvp orientated traits, everything falls to the wayside because impenetrable is so critical (which also adds a design flaw for making pvp inaccessible).

As I've mentioned in other threads, a lot of this could be addressed by redesigning battle spirit (specifically in cyrodiil, they would need to use a separate balanced battle spirit for BGs), to give a passive crit resistance buff to all players of around 25% requivalent. This would allow for more consideration of traits since there are large diminishing returns on impen over 3k, without making the damage reduction value of impen lower and making survival harder. This would open up room for a better tuned invigorating and well fitted.

Invigorating should be 70-80% of the value of a divines piece applied to the attronach stone. Divines will give 18 regen in your primary stat when golded from running a regen mundus. Therefore buffing invigorating to 13 or 14 on a golded piece would go a long way to making it viable. Then you'd be considering 125 magicka regen versus 91 or 98 health/magicka/stamina regen.
    Luxe Khanna - AD, Rank 49 Argonian Magblade Healer
    Crystala Khanna - AD, Rank 40 Khajiit Stamplar
    Guilds: Fantasia, Dominant Dominion.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fellwitch wrote: »
    Is there any point in using this? It seems completely useless? Will it be addressed in the next patch yet? (Sorry I have not checked the PTS yet for this)

Its totally and utterly pointless as it stands. The increases involved are next to negligible.