The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Jerall Steps

generalmyrick
generalmyrick
✭✭✭✭✭
What's the story with this cool place!!!

Dark Anchor you can't get to inside a fortress....
Harversters and daedra patrolling the place.

anybody got lore on this or know its story?
"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get to explore more of these mountains in Skyrim. This game makes them a border, so it reduces possibilities.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Jerall_Mountains
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dark anchor is not part of the anchor achievement for Cyrodil.
    its just there to troll you.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is Cloud Ruler Temple. It is an important part of the storyline in TES IV: Oblivion. It seems to have simply been added for nostalgia to ESO.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    That is Cloud Ruler Temple. It is an important part of the storyline in TES IV: Oblivion. It seems to have simply been added for nostalgia to ESO.

Or was added because it exists in Cyrodiil and has done since the second empire, having been built by the Akaviri Dragonguard.

Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I started playing at console release I always thought it should be opened up as a small scale AvAvA dungeon-quest-race type thing. Like an Undaunted Pledge but with three 4-man groups competing to finish the quest (close the anchor). Maybe they'll do something with it now that we have Battlegrounds.
    Edited by Number_51 on April 23, 2019 6:38PM
  • rei91
    rei91
    ✭✭✭
    Was definitely a nostalgia thing for me. The atmosphere of devastation and hopelessness is strong in all basic Cyro towns, but this one (along with Chorrol) made my jaw drop with "ohhh Cyrodiil is f- screwed" feeling.
    Was expecting just to see closed doors with "you can't go further" note, not all this crap happening around.
    Edited by rei91 on April 23, 2019 6:42PM
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    The dark anchor is not part of the anchor achievement for Cyrodil.
    its just there to troll you.

Still remember how confused I was when I was trying to get a way into completing this one.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

yes! thanks!

it does seem like something cool should happen here!
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when I first saw that place. Circled the thing forever trying to find a way in or a quest marker. Kind of a bummer.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."