The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hybrid Help

Chims
Chims
✭✭✭
I have been working on a hybrid Warden that incorporates the following:

Bar 1: Magicka skills
Bar 2: Stamina skills

This allows me to switch back and forth as resources get low. I already have Pelinials set crafted but its heavy (i know I should have went med). I am thinking of making my second set blood moon so I can werewolf which is where i plan to stay most of the time if its up. Just wondering on thoughts since its not a pure damage set. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends largely on what you want to do:

PVE, if so what kind?
    PVP, if so what kind?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait, if u r staying ww most of the time, how is it hybrid?
  • Chims
    Chims
    ✭✭✭
    i plan on playing small group pve such as dungeons or pvp battlegrounds.

In terms of WW and staying in it I will be in it at least 50%. With pelinals my SD and WD are the same so about 25% will be spent using pure magicka skills.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    long story short, you are asking people to tailor you a build that will work only for you. therefore, you should really just build it yourself.

ok. lets get something explained. damage from skills scale also from your max stats, therefore even if your weapon and spell stand on 3k (for example) but your mag is 10k while stam is 30k, stamina skills will over preform(compared to mag), while putting too much in mag (20k of each for example) it will lower the performance of your 80% uptime of stamina abilities (ww+back bar).
    while hybrid ww is fine, it will never be as good old ww build.

now, what do you want from your hybrid build? damage over time effects everywhere? mag spamable? stam spamable? bow/dw/2h? i mean hybrid wont be as good as pure stam on ww anyway, so if i were u i would just try to enjoy it, put some strong dots(damage over time) on the mag bar, put some strong dots on the weapon bar. add a spammable somewhere.
    Chims wrote: »
    This allows me to switch back and forth as resources get low.

^that part is honestly makes me feel sooooo discouraged from actually googling real quick a hybrid build (to find some good hybrid builds) because it is counter productive.

if you want a build that works well, you will need to learn rotation and practice hard anyway, on a good build you will have only 1 spammable on a bar.

"long story short, you are asking people to tailor you a build that will work only for you. therefore, you should really just build it yourself." <---- please just build it yourself. that way you will also know your build best, and all it's skills.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I think it goes without saying that hybrid builds will always under perform compared to straight-stat builds; but I want to make sure you know that in case you didn't already.

Furthermore using WW will make it even harder to pull your damage because you are going into half magicka. There isn't a problem with that necessarily; it's in my opinion that you should search for another ultimate is all.

Last warning, this will make your champion points nearly impossible to manage adequately, you will be splitting CP in several places.

As someone said earlier, straight Magicka + Stamina is a better choice in a hybrid build. You want to stack both resources as high as you can so that you will have good damage on either bar.

Pelinals is a good choice for one set; another might be Grave-Stake to sustain your pools (since your recovery in both will be hindered by your split-stats and CP)
    or if you are mostly using Warden abilities Innate Axiom will help you a lot more (spell and weapon damage increase to only your class abilities; but it'll make a difference atleast.)
    If you are using a lot of DoT and AoE DoT abilities and cycling them with uptimes then Mechanical Acuity would be a good choice as well to proc several crits during the abilities uptime with the set.
    If you just want raw stats and power Shacklebreaker is another good craftable could-be-hybrid set.
    Last suggestion is Sloads Semblance for craftable sets.

Monster Set wise Domihaus can work for you, other options are out there but I think the raw stats on that set will benefit you more and the set proc will increase both sides of your damage output.

You'll have to pick if you will favor the 5 piece Light or Medium bonuses because it's not possible to have both.
  • Chims
    Chims
    ✭✭✭
    Im not asking someone to tailor me anything. I am asking for advice because blood moon is hard to farm and may not even be good on a hybrid. I haven't asked for skills or anything as I am more concerned if it will work based off having pelinals and blood moon as a set combo. All my stats are around 20k currently.

Since I don't have a damage set due to having pelinals and bloodmoon I am not sure it will pump out enough damage. I am planning on running molag kena right now too for extra damage
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mechanical acuity then, craftable and buffs both mag and stam
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also add next time "second set advice" since as you saw, another person understood you as in general help for the whole build, not only me. also you could also try twice born star(with all divines everywhere).
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could find a set that buffs weapon damage, like Hundings and then wear Pelinal's from the gold coast to make your Spell/Weapon damage the higher of the two. Weapon Damage is usually higher, hence why I suggest Hundings. Then just split you stam and magicka attributes and enchants how you see fit. Enchant your jewelry to be all weapon damage.
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    A single stat build will always outperform a hybrid build, but it is more important that you have fun with your build. I suggest a destroy bar for the dots and two-hander for the stamina bar, but DW works too
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I was going to go a hybrid build i'd run pelinial and acuity. Stack weapon damage as much as possible, it's easier to acquire than spell damage.

That said, everyone posting above is correct due to the way max stats scale damage all your skills will do less damage than they should. If you're doing this for resource management just pick mag or stam and run a lot of regen on that stat.
    You'll have higher dps overall.
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    If I was going to go a hybrid build i'd run pelinial and acuity. Stack weapon damage as much as possible, it's easier to acquire than spell damage.

Yeah, I went back and fourth between acuity and trying to stack weapon damage with hundings. I think you're right that acuity will perform better after thinking about it more. The damage from the 5th bonus can do a lot of work with the shadow mundus.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay, hold up, let me explain how to hybrid real fast and why you would.

you essentially build, spec, and CP for the kind of damage you are, you pick a main

for example if your magicka you would still go 5 light, if stam 5 medium, etc.

for CP you would go physical pen, physical damage, etc for stam. and magicka nodes for magicka.

where does hybrid and pelenials come into play?

healing / support, as these gain the benefits of a high attribute / damage stat without requiring things like pen

for instance if your a magicka build you would still slot magicka damage skills and run mostly magicka, but you would run a 2H back bar with things like rally / forward momentum, vigor, etc.

or maybe a stam with a resto back bar for regen, resto ult, etc. or a stam templar that gets full use of breath of life, etc.

the best way to build a hybrid is to steal the heals of the opposite spec, and that's it, as that's the most effective way to build them and not gimp yourself by trying to mess with how to double dip pen or CP.
    Edited by Wing on April 23, 2019 4:58PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm usually one to make to not make too many assumptions, but I would wager that a majority of your time, @Wings, is doing pvp? I've been wrong in the past. Your right however, double dipping pens is always a bad idea. However, some of us perceived this forum as more of a way to build a fun character that can use any skill it wants, while maintaining reasonable damage, not just having a damage bar and a healing bar.
  • Chims
    Chims
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information. I wanted to make a build that would blast people with AOE's plus run up and use melee weapon skills like a battle mage.

I am aware I would not be doing close to BiS dps but I still want to make it able to do content because its super fun to play as. Mech Acuity does look pretty good, I might have to try that.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally think that hybrid wardens are one of the worst to aim for.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something to think about if you want to build a hybrid, is tanking. Tanking makes use of all stats, and can be a lot of fun. Just my two drakes worth.
  • Ajaks
    Ajaks
    ✭✭✭
    Pelinal goes well on a hybrid build with Shacklebreaker. Innate axiom is also a fun choice, given the fact that it adds a little bit of critical rate, but the damage does not add up to your non-class heals such as rally, vigor etc. Besides, Axiom kinda makes Pelinal less useful as it lacks the raw weapon (or sometimes spell) damage increase in numbers.

That being said, Wing is right in saying that you should concentrate on the stat that will provide the main portion of your damage. Usually most people would concentrate on stamina, but I do the opposite on my hybrid templar. While maxing out the magicka attribute points, I use the increased stamina pool of the dunmer racial passive, tri-stat glyphs and Shacklebreaker only for Rally, Power of the light (as it reduces the resists for my team) and roll dodges (and in rare cases critical rushes as a gap-closer).

The reason you would pick Pelinal is to receive those 15% of damage increase that come with Medium armor. In my case we add to that the 6% of weapon damage from the templar passives, the 8 % of the Dawnbreaker ultimate skill equipped, the 6% of the greatsword passive, and the 20% increase from Rally. So overall the spell damage gets constantly increased by 55% at the cost of severe lack of critical hit rate. But hey, I still run fast as a stamina build, I'm able to roll dodge and my jabs heal me simultaneously with the rally HoT, making me able to trade damage while passively healing myself quite well. Thus, I'll stack the CPs mostly for my magicka pool, as it is the primary one, where the damage comes from.

As for the monster set, there are many options. Some people use a combination of 2 damage increasing pieces, as it will add nearly 400 raw weapon damage overall (258 + 55% = 399.9 weapon damage increase).

I personally use Grothdar, because it helps me to pull Nightblades out of their stealth and it adds more magicka to my build, being the primary stat... Besides I already sit on 4,2 k spell damage with the Lover mundus stone so anything that allows me to use my skills for a longer period of time is quite useful. Skoria or Velidreth could also be fun if you want to be a bit more bursty and depending on your main pool.

Adding a critical rate monster set or 2 pieces of such sets could also be an interesting option - especially if you pick Innate Axiom as a secondary set. Slimecraw 2 pieces for example will also add 8% of damage to those 55% that we already have.

Overall, picking a hybrid can be a challenging and interesting experience but with the current sets, it will hardy out-damage the regular builds, unless you invest your resources in one single stat pool, while only partially using the other.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Chims search my forum posts for my hybrid ones. They might give you ideas and they will explain a lot but wings explained it pretty well.
  • Chims
    Chims
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I was wondering why hybrid builds I saw only used mainly stamina skills and such. I always wondered how that really was a hybrid but it makes more sense now that i have had it explained to me.

I am starting to think my best bet is using something like a pure magicka DK since a lot of his skills are close range weapon skills like the whip. That would kind fit the spellsword build better.

I really wish they would just release a damn magicka weapon that wasn't a staff.
    Edited by Chims on April 24, 2019 8:42PM
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shackle breaker.
    Twice born star.
    Mighty chudan.
    Shackle and twiceborn for stats/skills.
    Chudan for defense.
    Balance I think.
    Now just balance your attributes.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chims wrote: »
    I have been working on a hybrid Warden that incorporates the following:

Bar 1: Magicka skills
    Bar 2: Stamina skills

This allows me to switch back and forth as resources get low. I already have Pelinials set crafted but its heavy (i know I should have went med). I am thinking of making my second set blood moon so I can werewolf which is where i plan to stay most of the time if its up. Just wondering on thoughts since its not a pure damage set. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

I am playing a warden werewolf and there is no reason to go hybrid. I tried hybrid too, but it is not worth it. Wardens have a huge stamina heal and can get a second if they level PvP. There is always enough magicka for Ice Fortress.

Personally i usually use Salvation medium and Pariah. With good food there should be no problem with sustain. The WW utlimate itself is a nice sustain buff. If there still is a sustain problem then use a glyph or two on the jewels. Pariah plus warden passive is enough HP. On weapons i usually use decisive traits.

I dont play veteran dungeons, only PvE questing, crafting and PvP 30 day campaign. I dont have a monster set. I craft two pieces with stam sustain or weapon damage.

If i want to play without the werewolf then i switch Salvation for Briarthorn or Gryphon.
    Edited by mague on April 25, 2019 5:33AM