The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

please help with installing addons

Stabjoo
Stabjoo
Hello, ill try and make this short and understandable. I've read all the info I can find on installing addons. Yet nothing covers my situation. I don't have a "live>addons" directory at all. I'm wonder if it's because i have a patched beta version or what. Trying to find someone that knows so i can avoid the whole trial and error process.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try just using minion?
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Blackhorne
    Blackhorne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to make sure: are you looking in My Documents \ Elder Scrolls Online ? [i.e, NOT in Program Files.....]
    If not, look there. You should definitely have a "live" folder there.
    But you might not have a live \ addons folder -- if not, it's ok to create the addons folder under live; it's just a folder.

• Stabjoo
    Stabjoo
    I installed it myself, into its own folder take my word for it when i say theres no live>addons folder. Unless any of you have beta client patched i doubt you know about this and no I've not tried minion yet.
  • Stabjoo
    Stabjoo
    And when i say i have no live folder i have no live folder. Brandon from support told me to post here. Hate to have to pester him more. :\
  • zytukin
    zytukin
    I have the updated beta client as well. Actually, I *just* finished updating it from beta. And the beta wasn't even on my computer until I copied it over my home network from my brothers computer yesterday (updating it was faster then downloading a fresh 22gb client)

It doesn't matter where you installed the game, the 'Live' folder wont be in the install directory. It's in your My Documents folder as Blackhorn said above.

As soon as I opened the game for the first time, an Elder Scrolls Online dir was created in My Documents with a Live folder and an AddOn folder in that. And just for the sake of it, I just *deleted* the folder and reopened the client. It was recreated automatically.

On a side note, the Live folder isn't the only thing stored in the 'My Documents\Elder Scrolls Online' dir. Your user settings file is also in there, so unless your game is reverting to default settings every time you open it, that file is being stored somewhere for your client to use. You could try doing a search for the file UserSettings.txt, then if/when found right click on it and select Show File Location to be taken right to the folder.
    Edited by zytukin on April 11, 2014 12:27PM
  • Nymea1963
    Nymea1963
    Not sure if this will help try libraries /documents/elder scrolls online/liveeu (liveus) thats where mine are after patching the beta I only looked after running the repair tool so you could try that as well
  • Blackhorne
    Blackhorne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stabjoo wrote: »
    I installed it myself, into its own folder take my word for it when i say theres no live>addons folder. Unless any of you have beta client patched i doubt you know about this and no I've not tried minion yet.
    I do have a patched beta client, and it doesn't matter where you choose to install the game. It will still use the My Documents folder to store the player's game data.
  • Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    Take a screenshot in-game. Then you can do a search on your computer for the screenshot. The screenshot folder is in the same spot as the addon folder.

And yeah, use Minion. ;)
    Edited by Cairenn on April 11, 2014 7:28PM
    Cairenn
    Co-founder & Administrator
    ESOUI
  • Stabjoo
    Stabjoo
    Black cleared it up for me. I thought since i installed it in my own place it didn't have files there. Thanks for barring with me guys. :p