The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do not play a magicka character in pvp for this reason

LoveForElderScrolls
Ball groups in pvp are using more and more sorcerers in their groups to use negate therefore I'm am not able to use magicka abilities when my health goes down and magicka players don't have a heal over time like vigor. How should I fight a ball group as a solo player when I get ulti dumped and my abilities do not work and I can't heal myself because I'm negated and when I move out of the negate there's another negate! Now add to this the snares problem and it's worst for magicka players because they don't have that much stamina recovery. Seriously how do you expect a magicka player to fight a million people when magicka abilities do not work? Time to play hybrid I guess.
Edited by LoveForElderScrolls on April 21, 2019 5:18PM
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to git gud I guess.
  • LoveForElderScrolls
    Time to git gud I guess.

I have the highest kills and medals in high mmr battleground as a magicka player but I cannot play in cyrodiil because of the reasons above so your argument is invalid.
    Edited by LoveForElderScrolls on April 21, 2019 5:24PM
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How should I fight a ball group as a solo player

You don't.

Ball groups target zerglings. It's laughably easy to move away from their path and take little to no damage.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negate their negate. Seriously.

A good leader will call out for negates when it is tactically beneficial. A good raid leader will also call out an enemy negate so their people know to get out.

It comes down to being able to read the situation and knowing how and when to do things. BTW, a good small group leader will have their group run certain skills if they are going to try to tackle challenging situations like larger groups or zergs. It is not a request they make of them but a requirement.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    negates are used to negate the negates, and if possible another person can again negate the nageteed negate. So it's all good, the more Sorcs, the more negates gets negated! Lets keep this rolling!

On a more serious note, I love dropping negates right after a ball groups drops their ultimate's. Seeing the panic in their eyes as mere pugs destroy them fills me with joy every time =)
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »
    negates are used to negate the negates, and if possible another person can again negate the nageteed negate. So it's all good, the more Sorcs, the more negates gets negated! Lets keep this rolling!

On a more serious note, I love dropping negates right after a ball groups drops their ultimate's. Seeing the panic in their eyes as mere pugs destroy them fills me with joy every time =)

I wish Negate was available to all classes...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With negate...

Dmg or healz?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is an exceptionally strong ultimate in group vs group battles. It can take just one well-placed negate to win a fight. If their healer can no longer hold block and spam BoL then it usually gives you enough time to burst some people down.
    However, it's not very cheap, and it's situational, so it's pretty well balanced.
    It's damn disgusting when you have a dedicated negater and encaser in your group. Throw in some psijic bubbles and snares. I have to go now, I'm feeling queasy.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What if there were a morph of negate that affected stamina instead?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

That’s not a good idea in my opinion. Stamina classes have a role in cyrodiil almost entirely because of negate and close quarters. Otherwise it’ll be a purely magicka dominated zone because magicka are usually ranged.

I play a magicka non-sorc healer - in before someone accuses me of being biased. I’ve been negated and rooted, only to dodge roll and be negated and rooted again because I get focused.

There are ways to counter negates and being rooted in the negate.
    - don’t ball up
    - back bar 2 hander for forward momentum and use it purely as a buff bar
    - good positioning

You know a while ago I was considering complaining about this ability because it’s so powerful, but then I realized it’s only powerful situationally with how people play. You rarely see it in BGs.

There’s nothing wrong with an ability being so powerful only because people make themselves vulnerable to it. It’s part of the counterplay in pvp.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 22, 2019 12:31AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball groups in pvp are using more and more sorcerers in their groups to use negate therefore I'm am not able to use magicka abilities when my health goes down and magicka players don't have a heal over time like vigor. How should I fight a ball group as a solo player when I get ulti dumped and my abilities do not work and I can't heal myself because I'm negated and when I move out of the negate there's another negate! Now add to this the snares problem and it's worst for magicka players because they don't have that much stamina recovery. Seriously how do you expect a magicka player to fight a million people when magicka abilities do not work? Time to play hybrid I guess.

Negate should be nerfed in pvp. Its only fair considering they took the reflect from wings and their whole argument was because it shut down a certain builds. Negate basically does the same thing...shuts down skills/builds.
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A stamina "negate" given to another class would be interesting.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭

You wouldn't be able to roll dodge out of it or use snare removal. Stack that with the current negate and there wouldn't be counter-play for anyone.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot solo a ball group. The whole point of a ball group is that they are organized and beat larger zergs. How can anyone have any expectation to solo a ball group?? Take it easy on the whole 1v1,000,000 expectation.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've lived entire faction balls w/ destro ult holding block. There's an option...or rolling twice. If you don't have any stam on a mag character, prepare to die a lot...

Then again, I only use hybrids for that exact reason.
  • LoveForElderScrolls
    CompM4s wrote: »
    You cannot solo a ball group. The whole point of a ball group is that they are organized and beat larger zergs. How can anyone have any expectation to solo a ball group?? Take it easy on the whole 1v1,000,000 expectation.

Well, you can solo the dungeons why not pvp? Also even if you're not solo it still feels bad that you can't do anything during combat because the whole ground is filled with Negate.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, you can solo the dungeons why not pvp? Also even if you're not solo it still feels bad that you can't do anything during combat because the whole ground is filled with Negate.

Think of ball groups as HM last bosses for DLC dungeons, you can't solo it.

Seriously, just stay away from ball groups if you're solo. There's lots of other fights out there.

• CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »

Seriously, just stay away from ball groups if you're solo. There's lots of other fights out there.

PvP solo hints:
    Red circle= avoid
    Negate= avoid
    Ball group= avoid

Have realistic expectations. People are not npcs that follow predetermined mechanics.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're struggling with Negate, I'd lower my expectations of being able to fight a ball group solo.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How should I fight a ball group as a solo player.

You don't. Stop trying.

...if there's a big enough pug zerg around to make it worth trying to fight them solo, just stay out of the way. Ball group movement is super predictable, and you should always have enough stam to break free+dodgeroll, which gets you off the pain train tracks.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're struggling with Negate, I'd lower my expectations of being able to fight a ball group solo.

This.

But, what you can do is and what I do to ballgroups, i use Silver leash to pull them away from the zerg 1 by 1 and killing them, extra points when gets healers out of it, then the ball crumbles soon to the pugs going after them. So one CAN help against them while solo. Leash/Chain, Caltrops/Time Stop & Negate if you are a sorc. Enjoy. :)
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP solo hints:
    Red circle= avoid
    Negate= avoid
    Ball group= avoid

Have realistic expectations. People are not npcs that follow predetermined mechanics.

is that reply for me or the OP?

• david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a pro PvPer but I don't get how someone can complaint to not beeing able to stop a ball group.

If 5-6 skilled players whoc mmunicate together pass near you, you should run away for your life.

Your a paysant encountering a group of samurai, you will die.
    Edited by david_m_18b16_ESO on April 23, 2019 5:01PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one negate, roll out. A second negate follows, u did ur worth by taking from the enemy two negate ultimates by yourself.

a nice morph would be for it to stick to the player like Eye of Noob from destro staff, at the cost of decreased range and duration.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously how do you expect a magicka player to fight a million people

Nobody shouldn't be able to 1vM ...
    rolleyes.gif

Edited by SirAndy on April 23, 2019 5:55PM
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Seriously how do you expect a magicka player to fight a million people

Nobody shouldn't be able to 1vM ...
    rolleyes.gif

Yeah, people should know by now that no 1vM happens and should not, but.. as i said 1 person can make ballgroups life miserable by Leashing/Chaining people out of it from max distance and killing them when they try to run back to it.

It gives pleasure. And the group soon goes down, one by one.. especially when you get healers pulled out. >:)
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP solo hints:
    Red circle= avoid
    Negate= avoid
    Ball group= avoid

is that reply for me or the OP?

For OP
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Or even with a small group that is not well organized.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are hoping to stop a ball group as a single player with no help, I don't really see that happening. If you are asking for what you can do as a solo player to assist in stopping an organized ball group, that's different. If you are unhappy with what you can or cannot do in various situations, maybe it is time to try some different characters out to see what you find yourself being more successful with out there in Cyro, and that is not going to be the same for everyone. But I think the number one tip for dealing with ball groups is to get out of their way, watch for when they turn and run back towards you and be ready to MOVE. Now that an be through them as fast as possible, or some other direction they are not going in. Staying in the area they are trying to be in is the #1 cause of death by ball group.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts