The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dungeon Quests

superthero1ub17_ESO
superthero1ub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Has anyone ever actually heard or read the quests in the dungeons? There always seems to be some really interesting stuff going on, but every random group is just GO GO GO, and I don't want to be that one guy chatting to NPCs for 5 minutes
  • Bored_Owl
    Bored_Owl
    ✭✭
    I try to when I have the opportunity, but it isn't very often. I usually have better luck with it in the beginner dungeons (when newbies want to do quests too) or in the newer DLC dungeons. If you're in a more casual pve guild or social guild you might try asking some guildies for help. They might be a little more willing to wait for you to do the quest.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time I ever get to actually pay attention to the quests in dungeons is with guildies. In my guild most people actually ask if anyone needs to stop and pick up the quest or needs help fulfilling it. It's pretty considerate. But yeah, I've never been able to do a dungeon quest in a PUG.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the travesties of the game is not being able to enjoy the Dungeons. Yes, the stories are good and well worth a read or listen. But, how often do we get to just stop and take a look around? Some of these dungeons are beautiful.

Its good to run with a guild or a group of friends who are like minded. Make it a weekly thing with your guild or friends and it won't take long to enjoy all of them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Werid choice not saying the dialogue while fighting, hell half the time i cant turn the damn quest in due to the auto kick when group disbanded
  • Bored_Owl
    Bored_Owl
    ✭✭
    I was just looking around on the guild recruitment section (PC/NA, idk if there's anything on EU or console) and I noticed at least one guild that advertised 'story mode' questing in dungeons.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I have, even in PUGs.

Usually if I say that I am questing, my group will let me do the dialogue/interactions. But in some dungeons, DC2, Selene’s or Direfrost, where the dialogue and plot action can take ages, it is very trying. I will also try and accommodate people who say they are questing in groupchat if I’m doing normal randoms.

As a guild we did do some ‘walkthrough’ versions of the 2 new dungeons so we could experience the story. These were fun, although they felt really, really slow.

If you really want to experience the quest (and not feel like the 5 minute guy, which you shouldn’t anyway), doing it with guildies who also want to experience the dungeon that way is the route to take. And there are lots of players who will want to join you.

The main issue we found was that only one player got to see/interact with/control the quest giver and once they had completed their dialogue, the option to talk to the NPC wasn’t there for any of the others. Unlike the dungeon, the quest is not a shared event.

• FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭