The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Possible change to class skills?...

EpicRekkoning
EpicRekkoning
✭✭✭
There's always a lot of chatter about magicka and stam skills for all classes. The change below is from update 5 and I wonder if this could be a possible changes for all CLASS skills.  It would open up class freedom to develop different builds (hybrids?) and give class identity without having to worry about how to make stam or magicka skills make sense for each class.

Change to the streak morph:
"Streak (morph): This ability will now scale with your highest offensive stats..."

My thought is to have all damage class skills, and only class skills, scale off of the highest offensive stat. Magicka (fire, lightning, ice, etc.) and stamina (poison, bleed, disease, etc.) type skills would still be affected by the same CP, but the damage scaling would give options to builds such as a stam sorc with lightning attacks, or a  stam warden with frost damage abilities.

Any thoughts on this? I'm on the fence to whether this would work and I'm curious what others think.
Edited by EpicRekkoning on April 22, 2019 3:44AM
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, but doubt ZOS would do it.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually really like this it gives player a choice you simply don’t have right now. Not sure how this would work with resource pools but that would be awesome.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the option to morph my Breton racial passives to stam 🙏
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice for this to happen, but it won't. ZoS likes to make the distinction between magicka and stamina via the elemental/magical damage vs the physical/poison/disease damage split. They have worked very hard on this distinction, so much so, that the stamsorc is almost locked out of a class line entirely. They get no damage from any of the abilities, only one ability will scale with their stamina, and it is a passive ability and never actually get used besides slotting it, and none of the passives work for them unless they give up an ulti slot.
    Edited by ShadowKyuubi on April 22, 2019 10:23PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and none of the passives work for them unless they give up an ulti slot.

??????

ability cost reduction. 11% stronger light attacks(ability passive). 10% stam regen. more weapon damage for each sorc ability slotted <----what about these things? are they not passives?
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am talking about a very specific skilline. Look at the Daedric Summoning Skill line and tell me how many passives stamsorcs get besides powerstone. Yes, I get the Bound armaments bonus and buffs if I slot my atro, but I have to give up three of my skills slots for it. Even then, I don't get all the passives from that line unless I want to throw clanfear on my bar and give up two more slots.
    Edited by ShadowKyuubi on April 22, 2019 10:31PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    clannfear.... is a big no. never use it on a stamsorc. it scales of sd and max mag. i do agree that the lack of passives is underwhelming, but the passives that are there, are pretty good.
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kind of my point, almost an entire skill line just sucks for stamsorcs. Storm calling is the most useful, even the Dark Magic skill line sucks for stamsorcs. People ask why stamsorc want an identity, because we don't have access to half the things magsorcs do. They can use everything freely.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kind of my point, almost an entire skill line just sucks for stamsorcs. Storm calling is the most useful, even the Dark Magic skill line sucks for stamsorcs. People ask why stamsorc want an identity, because we don't have access to half the things magsorcs do. They can use everything freely.

bound aegis / armaments should give "while a pet is summoned" passives while slotted
    crystal blast should be changed to stam version of crystal frags
    haunting curse should scale off max stat / damage

oh, and air atro should replace aoe blast atro
    Edited by Tannus15 on April 23, 2019 12:54AM
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be a nightmare as suddenly you'll have stamina characters being able to use class magicka heals to their full extent, or stamina characters with amazing damage shields. Even though it doesn't look that way, there is some sort of balance in ESO which would be completely messed up if this was ever implemented.
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean sure, stamsorc specifically will have access to a big shield. But it isn't like we can just spam it out. Maybe one or two good uses, then no more magicka
  • EpicRekkoning
    EpicRekkoning
    ✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    Will be a nightmare as suddenly you'll have stamina characters being able to use class magicka heals to their full extent, or stamina characters with amazing damage shields. Even though it doesn't look that way, there is some sort of balance in ESO which would be completely messed up if this was ever implemented.

I agree and that's why I stated it should only be for damage based skills. I think there are some class skills that should be magicka, like the ones you mentioned above.

As far as the balance comments, there's really not a balance in class skills. I've posted this multiple times, but if you look at the stam to magicka skills for classes (not including Necros), there's 18 stamina based class skills to 199 magicka based class skills. That doesn't seem balanced to me. And even if you want to look at all skills in the game, including weapon skills (since there's more stam weapons than magicka), there's 130 stamina skills to 280 magicka skills.

Don't get me wrong, the game has a decent balance to it, but as someone who enjoys playing stam characters over magicka, I struggle with the lack of diversity in stamina builds.
    Edited by EpicRekkoning on April 24, 2019 4:43AM