The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to Improve Sorcerer Healers in Gameplay

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
First Presented Here

Issues with Sorc healers

Are lack of heals over time in toolkit outside ultimate
Be brought for conduct synergy
Lack of Effective Group Utility
Twilight only non ultimate skill heal in toolkit being used skill mostly be dps Sorcs

Underused Skills that Could be Turned into Utility

Lighting Flood - for most part is only used by solo players and some people wanting more room against moving bosses. They could just increase radius of liquid lighting and make Lighting Flood apply a heal over time with it's synergy. Another option give it minor evasion proc for anyone who uses it. Like they avoided lighting strike?

Crystal Blast - Should be used as instead to crystallize area giving allies a buff in magicka damage or reduction in magicka damage to allies? (The crystal protects them from magicka)

Underdeveloped Skills

Restraining passive - Would be nice if this range skill could be apply something to allies like necro root skills.

Empoward Ward - It gives minor intellect to allies but unlike warden you can't target the 6 who can get it. Also warden does same thing with healing, and giving stamina regain. Would be nice if they gave it major intellect instead which would make it less useful on dps or simply just more regain. Another option would be really make pet healers if they allow it empoward ward to give buff to group depending which pet you have slotted.

Edited by Tasear on April 22, 2019 1:45PM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree about Lightning Flood proposal. With the recent PTS Lightning Flood does more damage and lasts 2 seconds longer than it used to. It's my new damage morph, and I now prefer it over Liquid Lightning.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree about Lightning Flood proposal. With the recent PTS Lightning Flood does more damage and lasts 2 seconds longer than it used to. It's my new damage morph, and I now prefer it over Liquid Lightning.

I think it's better in long run just to merge the two damage morphs of it, but still it's okay to disagree. Really hoping that powers that be look that empowered Ward proposal.

Have Clanfear do something more with empowarded ward in gameplay
    Have shield do something for scamp in gameplay
    Have Shield do something with twlight Torrementor in gameplay
    Have the Shield do something with twlight Mariach in gameplay
    Have shield do something with 2 ultimate pet morphs
    Have the shield do something with set combat pets.

Answer to non pet sorcs
    dark magic skill line
    overload
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal Blast - Should be used as instead to crystallize area giving allies a buff in magicka damage or reduction in magicka damage to allies? (The crystal protects them from magicka)

Someone else also suggested bound weapons elsewhere.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only solid thing that could be done is to give the Sorcs a healing line. Otherwise it is just half baked ideas and will end up like the frost staff is for tanking. A poor design.

So I guess we do away with the summoning line.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The only solid thing that could be done is to give the Sorcs a healing line. Otherwise it is just half baked ideas and will end up like the frost staff is for tanking. A poor design.

Idk I don't see why my ward idea wouldn't work. Just add more support uitlity on the summoning skills. The Ward idea solves this in many ways. The necromancer gameplay design allows for skills to work on multiple situations and roles so just got to add that to other classes too.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Idk I don't see why my ward idea wouldn't work. Just add more support uitlity on the summoning skills. The Ward idea solves this in many ways. The necromancer gameplay design allows for skills to work on multiple situations and roles so just got to add that to other classes too.

If you are talking about giving the major buff instead of minor buff then it is a bad change. If I have read Empowered Ward idea wrong then sorry. But any serous raider will have major intellect or endurance up full time depending on their build being magicka or stamina.

If you really want the Sorc to be on par with other classes that have healing lines it needs a healing line. Not shoehorned skills like what Zos did with the frost staff.
    Edited by idk on April 22, 2019 10:11PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are talking about giving the major buff instead of minor buff then it is a bad change. If I have read Empowered Ward idea wrong then sorry. But any serous raider will have major intellect or endurance up full time depending on their build being magicka or stamina.

If you really want the Sorc to be on par with other classes that have healing lines it needs a healing line. Not shoehorned skills like what Zos did with the frost staff.

Healing Skill line is just unlikely to happen, so got to work with existing skills.

To rephrase my suggestion is add something idk what but something when both twlight and empowered Ward are in play. Something unique over warden bull that helps allies.
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, the only heal over time that even templars use is Healing Springs and Ritual. The ritual doesn't actually heal that much, it is usually just there for the cleanse. Other than that, they have templar ulti, which while good, doesn't get used outside of pvp.
    Edited by ShadowKyuubi on April 22, 2019 10:33PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see Crystal Blast becoming useful if it provided an debuff for 10% more Magic damage or Lightning damage taken (similar to the Fire damage debuff from Engulfing Flames). This would also be a great skill for healers to cast for the group Minor Prophecy passive.

I’d prefer to avoid any major changes to Lighting Flood or Liquid Lightning. Both morphs have their uses, and it’s one of the few difficult morph choices in the game right now (not simply determined by your role). I’m not exactly sure what you’re recommending here, but I wouldn’t want it to end up like Cinder Storm/Eruption or Refreshing/Twisting Path, these are one-dimensional boring morphs with no real choice. One minor tweak that could be interesting is unique synergies in each morph, so they don’t share the same synergy cooldown. Then it would be beneficial for groups to have at least one of each morph available.

Major Intellect on Empowered Ward would be a waste. Anyone using Magicka potions already has that buff. Minor Intellect is much more unique and useful, and I rarely see Warden healers getting high uptimes from Enchanted Growth. The only change I can recommend here is that the Minor Intellect apply to an entire group of 12 players (I actually thought it did this already, not sure if it’s limited to 6).
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on April 22, 2019 10:34PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see Crystal Blast becoming useful if it provided an debuff for 10% more Magic damage or Lightning damage taken (similar to the Fire damage debuff from Engulfing Flames). This would also be a great skill for healers to cast for the group Minor Prophecy passive.

I’d prefer to avoid any major changes to Lighting Flood or Liquid Lightning. Both morphs have their uses, and it’s one of the few difficult morph choices in the game right now (not simply determined by your role). One minor tweak that could be interesting is separate synergies in each morph, so they don’t share the same synergy cooldown. Then it would be beneficial for groups to have at least one of each morph available.

Major Intellect on Empowered Ward would be a waste. Anyone using Magicka potions already has that buff. Minor Intellect is much more unique and useful, and I rarely see Warden healers getting high uptimes from Enchanted Growth. The only change I can recommend here is that the Minor Intellect apply to an entire group of 12 players (I actually thought it did this already, not sure if it’s limited to 6).

Minor buffs are 6 this something I learned as a class rep. Still don't think it's balance with warden getting far more utility.

I agree about lighting flood and synergy idea.

Crystal blast really does have potential.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, the only heal over time that even templars use is Healing Springs and Ritual. The ritual doesn't actually heal that much, it is usually just there for the cleanse. Other than that, they have templar ulti, which while good, doesn't get used outside of pvp.

Healing no springs is a different issue...and a can of worms of stacking issue for our game design.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    minor crit buffs are 6%. the minor wd and minor sd buffs are 10%.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

We are talking about the number allies effected by the buffs.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wait not 12? wtf?
    wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?
    wtf?! i remember testing it with dk shield, and more people got minor WD than people that got shield, so i thought it is 12, now you are telling me only 6 are affected? i lived in a lie :(
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wait not 12? wtf?
    wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?
    wtf?! i remember testing it with dk shield, and more people got minor WD than people that got shield, so i thought it is 12, now you are telling me only 6 are affected? i lived in a lie :(

Unfortunately so, that's why hoping it gets looked at.