Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Veiled Strike -> Concealed Weapon what it does?

feniks31_ESO
feniks31_ESO
✭✭
Tooltips in this game are often not telling you what exactly you have to expect from spell.
I was trying to understand what this ability actually do:
Veiled Strike -> Concealed Weapon
... blah-blah-blah. Passively increases stealthed movement speed by 25% while slotted.

OK, the first thing I thought of it will increase my sneaking speed, you know, when you just press ctrl. But Its not. Instead it increases your speed only while you under effect of Shadow Cloak . BUT its own tooltips says Gives player invisibility for 2.5 seconds.

OK. then invisibility and stealth is the same thing here right? Lets pretend that I did know it okay.
BUT here we have passive ability Master Assassin and what its tooltip says is Increases Weapon Damage while using Invisibility or Stealth by 5%. Successful crouched attacks stun for a longer duration.
So what it does exactly? Maybe stealth is actually sneak and invisibility is the thing Shadow Cloak does?
And we have khajiit's passive Stealthy - Improves Stealth radius by 1 meters. Increases damage done from while Stealthed by 3%. Where definitely it means sneak.

So Veiled Strike morph is bugged or tooltip is just not right?
  • Karner
    Karner
    I also wondered what the difference was. I believe stealth is your crouched "Hidden" status.
    I must not lose my resolve. I will march forward even if I have to do so... Alone.
    -
  • feniks31_ESO
    feniks31_ESO
    ✭✭
    bump
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    Fyi concealed weapon also increases movement speed while invisible, so much so you run faster while invisible than without.
    Once i can i shall test this with dark stalker of vampire to see if you can go above 100% while sneaking.
  • feniks31_ESO
    feniks31_ESO
    ✭✭
    Reavan wrote: »
    Fyi concealed weapon also increases movement speed while invisible, so much so you run faster while invisible than without.
    invisibility is the thing Shadow Cloak do, it is not sneak. VS bonus speed only affect invisibility and not affect sneak (for now, dont know if bug or tooltip error)

Dark stalker of vampire affect sneak so bonuses will not stack since VS bonus only affect invisibility from Shadow Cloak